Similar items in stock
HP Chromebook 14" with Intel Processor, 4GB Memory, 16GB SSD, Chrome OS and Included 4G Mobile Internet Service (200MB/month)
Customers also viewed these products
- from $206.40
About this item
About this item
Open your sleek, next-generation Chromebook to get online fast. You can access your favorite websites and Google Chrome apps on the 14-inch diagonal HD display in seconds. No WiFi around? No problem. Enjoy free mobile Internet service up to 200MB of 4G data per month with no annual contract, no credit card and no overage fees.
What is a Chromebook PC?
Chromebook PCs are a new type of computer designed to help you get things done faster and easier. Chromebook starts up in seconds, so you can immediately start playing or working. Chromebook looks like a laptop and feels like a laptop, but differs from traditional computers as follows:
- Instead of Windows OS or Apple OS, Chromebook PCs run on Chrome OS, an operating system that features multiple layers of security, cloud storage and the most popular Google products built right in.
- Chromebook won't load and run traditional PC applications such as Microsoft Office, iTunes or Skype. However, Chromebook uses Chrome-specific apps for everyday tasks. You'll be able to create documents, listen to music, edit your photos, chat with friends and family and play online games. Plus, you can download many additional apps from the Chrome Web Store. No more buying and installing software - thousands of apps are free, and feature automatic updates.
- Chromebook comes with built-in virus protection, multiple layers of security, and verified boot help to keep you safe from viruses and malware.
- Your Chromebook will keep your files away from your machine and safe online. Google Drive is built right in, so your files and photos are automatically backed up to the cloud.
- Your Chromebook will update itself for free, so you'll always have the latest and greatest version. No need for manual downloads and upgrades.
- Chromebook works seemlessly with Internet. No internet at the moment? Keep getting stuff done when you're disconnected from the web by using offline apps like Gmail and Google Docs.
HP Refurbished 14" Pavilion Chromebook PC:
Key Features and Benefits:
- Intel Celeron 847 processor
1.10GHz, 2MB L3 Cache
- 4GB DDR3 SDRAM system memory
Gives you the power to handle most power-hungry applications and tons of multimedia work
- 16GB solid state drive
Store 10,666 photos, 4,571 songs or 8 hours of HD video and more
- 10/100Base-T Fast Ethernet, 802.11a/b/g/n Wireless LAN
Connect to a broadband modem with wired Ethernet or wirelessly connect to a WiFi signal or hotspot with the 802.11a/b/g/n connection built into your PC
- 14" HD BrightView LED-backlit display
Intel HD Graphics
- HP TrueVision HD webcam
- 1 memory card reader
- 3 x USB 2.0 ports, 1 x headphone-out/microphone-in combo jack, 1 x RJ-45 Ethernet port, 1 x HDMI port
- 4-cell lithium-ion battery, up to 4 h 15 min battery life
- 3.96 lbs, 13.66" x 9.37" x 0.83"
- Chrome OS
Support and Warranty:
- 90-day parts and labor limited warranty
What's In The Box:
- Power cord and AC adapter
- 4-cell lithium-ion battery
- Quick Start Guide
To see the manufacturer's specifications for this product, click here.
To see a list of our PC Accessories, click here.
Trade in your used computer and electronics for more cash to spend at Walmart. Good for your wallet and the environment - click here.
|Processor Type:||Intel Celeron 2955U Processor|
|Processor Speed:||1.50 GHz|
|System Ram:||4 GB|
|Hard Drive Size:||16 GB|
|Laptop Screen Size:||14.0 inch|
|Screen Type:||LED Backlight, AntiGlare HD Display|
|Resolution:||1366 x 768|
|Graphics Card:||Intel HD Graphics|
|Card Reader Type:||1 x SD Card Reader|
|Battery Type:||Lithium Ion|
|Network Connection:||802.11a/b/g/n Wireless LAN|
|Connector Type:||1 x DC-in, 1 x HDMI, 1 x Headphone/Microphone, 1 x USB 2.0, 2 x USB 3.0|
|Operating System:||Chrome OS|
|Accessories Included:||Power cord, 4-Cell Lithium Ion, Power adapter, Quick Start Guide|
|Shipping Weight (in pounds):||6.0|
|Product in Inches (L x W x H):||9.44 x 13.56 x 0.81|
Manuals & Guides
Ask a question
If you would like to share feedback with us about pricing, delivery or other customer service issues, please contact customer service directly.
Walmart does not sponsor, recommend or endorse any third party product or service, or any customer ideas or advice.
Questions will be checked against our question guidelines and posted within five to seven business days.
- No. No current Chromebook has an optical drive.by SouthernLS10/31/2014Was this answer helpful? (1) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- No this chromebook does not have a Cd drive. Everything is cloud and web based.by HITECH80811/1/2014Was this answer helpful? (1) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- No this is a Chromebook, it is designed to be used online and has forward thinking technology.. Ie the Cloud, Flash Memory etc.. You can not add an external USB CD/DVD either as the Google Chrome Operating System does not have the drivers built in and they can not be added either. So the short answer is NO but when was the last time you purchased a CD? nowadays you simply download it and that is what the Chromebook does very well, you can purchase music, movies or books in the Play Store and then listen/watch/read it on any device that can access the Google Play store.by RENTATEXAN11/28/2014Was this answer helpful? (3) (2)Was this answer helpful?
- Nope.by neowolf11/28/2014Was this answer helpful? (1) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- No, it does not.by An anonymous customer10/25/2013Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- No. It does not have an optical disc drive.by An anonymous customer10/25/2013Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- No, it does not.by LdMagnus10/24/2013Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- Noby xxJordanxx11/28/2014Was this answer helpful? (1) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- No. With Chrome OS there really is no need since everything is in the cloud.by getcashmoney10/17/2013Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- There is no optical drive on a Chromebook. One that is USB-driven can be attached but I don't know how well it works or with what software.by SouthernLS12/6/2013Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- It does not have a cd drive but I suppose you can hook up an external cd drive/burner via usb and burn one.by HITECH80810/24/2014Was this answer helpful? (0) (1)Was this answer helpful?
- It has no optical drive, nor ripping/burning software to use with an external drive. If you are feeling adventurous and want to go way into unsupported land, here are some options I have no personal experience with: * It might work if you put it in dev mode, install crouton/Ubuntu, and used an external burner. * Also, it was supposedly possible to boot a full linux distro from the SD card on the older Samsung series, it *might* be possible to do that with this one as well.by Resaurtus10/30/2013Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- NO !! The Chromebook does not use a CD or DVD drive and one cannot be added either even if you buy a USB DVD drive it will still not work. The only add on drives that work are Flash drives and USB Hard Drives. Optical media is being replaced by Flash and USB Hard drives and online content so that is why they have not included a CD/DVD drive.by RENTATEXAN9/23/2014Was this answer helpful? (1) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- No, but it does have an SD Slot for additional capacity, or to move files to another computer with a burner.by BrettBChicago10/29/2013Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- There is no optical drive. So that's a no. Even with a USB external, Chrome OS doesn't support it.by neowolf10/24/2014Was this answer helpful? (1) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- No. there is no optical disc drive.by An anonymous customer10/25/2013Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- This HP PC does not have an internal optical (CD/DVD) drive. You may want to purchase a USB external optical drive.by HP Team12/26/2014Was this answer helpful? (3) (3)Was this answer helpful?
- 16 plus you can add SD CARD for more storage.by Wmdh2/11/2014Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- 4GB is the Random Access Memory (RAM) that allows multiple things to be going on at the same time. 16GB is the the Solid State Drive (SSD) used to store pictures, documents offline, etc. So it can hold up to 16GB of pictures minus any room needed for the operating system.by stevefromtheburbs1/19/2015Was this answer helpful? (1) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- 4 gigs in the machine memory for handling operations 16 gigs of solid state storage for large imports. 100 gigs in the cloud for extended data.. Its not a Cray, but $350 buys a lot.by internetsupporter12/18/2013Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- Storage is limited. 4 GB is the amount of RAM. RAM is the amount of memory that the computer can use to process things--it is instantly cleared when you shut down the computer. 16GB is the size of the "hard drive". Approximately 5 GB is used to store the Chrome Operating System. That means you can only count on about 10 GB of long-term storage. This machine is designed so that you would instantly upload files to an online service like Google+ Photos, Smugmug, Shutterfly, etc. The picture editing tools are limited and only available through a web-browser. Try Pixlr Editor online and see if it meets your needs. If you want to edit, sort and store a lot of photos, I would suggest you invest in a more traditional laptop.by An anonymous customer12/9/2013Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- Like other computers. Think of this computers 16GB SDD as a hard drive. The difference is this has no spinning hard drive. It works faster than a USB thumb drive.by FFlintstone112/4/2013Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- 4gb is for the ram the speed of the laptop and it can handle alot of open windows thats what they mean by 4gb memory is just the ram, and it says 16gb for the hard drive but its actually about 9gb since the other 7gb is just for software updates hope this was helpful, you can also buy a sd card i bought a 64gb and it automatically saves pictures in my sd card or you can just upload them to google cloud.by Rawr1112/2/2013Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- 4GB is the RAM. 16GB is the storage memory. Also bear in mind that it has a card slot to hold a full-sized SD card (or the micro ones with the adapter). Also remember that Google wants you to store your pics on their cloud service but there are others as well. I use Flikr. The only other storage alternative would be to use a USB hard drive. I have read that they will usually work fine with Chromebooks but some models don't. As to photo editing, please be aware that you will have to use a program available from Google's market or perhaps another online alternative. You cannot download Photoshop or any other software to a Chromebook like you can a Windows or Mac computer.by SouthernLS10/26/2014Was this answer helpful? (1) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- The 4GB of memory refers to the amount of Random Access Memory (RAM), which is utilized by the processes and applications of the PC. The 16GB Solid-State Drive (SSD) refers to the amount of storage where you can store documents, photos, music, and videos.by HP Team12/7/2013Was this answer helpful? (3) (0)Was this answer helpful?
Customers also bought these products
- from $9.53
- Reduced Price$31.44
- from $8.83