Consider these popular products
- $11.96 Was $15.96Save $4.00
- $14.90 Was $20.97Save $6.07
Guitar Hero 5 - Software Only (Wii)
About this item
About this item
Important Made in USA Origin Disclaimer: For certain items sold by Walmart on Walmart.com, the displayed country of origin information may not be accurate or consistent with manufacturer information. For updated, accurate country of origin data, it is recommended that you rely on product packaging or manufacturer information.
Guitar Hero 5 is the latest installment of the worlds most popular music game. For the first time ever, players can customize the make-up of their band by rocking with any combination of instruments in-game: whether it be two guitars and two drums, or three guitars and a microphone, any combination is possible, allowing players to experience music their own way. Brand new, innovative, easy-to-use gameplay modes like Party Play and RockFest put fun, competition and control at center stage as fans tailor the Guitar Hero experience to match their personal style and interests. Guitar Hero 5 features the strongest, most varied set list to-date comprised of master tracks from 85 of the hottest bands of today and the biggest classic acts.
- Assemble Your Band and Rock Any Way You Want: Guitar Hero 5 allows fans to play alone, as a full band or, for the first time, with any combination of multiple guitarists, bassists, drummers or vocalists, to customize their musical experience. Players now have the control to rock any way they want whether it is with two guitars and two drummers, four guitarists, or three guitarists and a vocalist, any combination is possible. This freedom is available in all modes of play: online, Party Play, Quickplay, RockFest and even Career.
- The Definitive Rock n Roll Set List: Experience furious finger fretting, intense drumming, and lyrics that will challenge even the best vocal chops with songs from some of the hottest bands of today to all-time favorite classic anthems including: Tom Petty, Kings of Leon, The White Stripes, Santana, Johnny Cash, The Rolling Stones and Bob Dylan. Featuring 85 master tracks, the breadth of rock-centric styles ensures that every Guitar Hero fan will find their favorite tracks and discover new ones.
- Join The Party: It has never been easier to rip it up and rock out with friends than it is in Guitar Hero 5. The brand new Party Play Mode puts players straight into the action with the press of a button and allows them to jump in or drop out, or switch difficulty level at any time without interrupting the jam session.
- Become the Best. Shred the Rest: In Guitar Hero 5 players can test their skills against others with four-player local and up to eight-player online battles in the all-new competitive RockFest Mode. Within RockFest Mode, players can choose from various head-to-head gameplay types, including Momentum, Perfectionist, Elimination, Do-or-Die, Streakers, and Pro Face Off.
- Limitless Jams: Guitar Hero 5 delivers hours of endless entertainment, as fans will be able to play Guitar Hero World Tour downloadable content in the game, experiencing all of the upgrades and new features in Guitar Hero 5.
- ESRB Rating: TEEN with Mild Lyrics and Mild Suggestive Themes
|Is Online Multiplayer Available:||Y|
|Video Game Platform:||Nintendo Wii|
|Video Game Collection:||Guitar Hero|
|Is Downloadable Content Available:||Y|
|Manufacturer:||Activision , Vicarious Visions|
|Manufacturer Part Number:||95889|
|Subgenre:||Singing , Musical Instrumental|
|Genre:||Music & Party|
|Required Peripherals:||Microphone , Wii Remote , Drums , Guitar Controller|
|Assembled Product Dimensions (L x W x H):||5.00 x 0.50 x 7.50 IN|
Ask a question
If you would like to share feedback with us about pricing, delivery or other customer service issues, please contact customer service directly.
Walmart does not sponsor, recommend or endorse any third party product or service, or any customer ideas or advice.
Questions will be checked against our question guidelines and posted within five to seven business days.
- I origianlly posted this question and ended up buying the "software only." It's pretty much the game itself. I was afraid it would be a very limited version of the game or just additional songs to use after having purchased the game. But it is really the game. For some reason the price was really good, so I took a chance and made the purchase. I've been lovin' it ever since! Thanks for the input everyone.by Ebb110/13/2010Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- Yes, software refers to the game onlyby cocbmfb10/13/2010Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- as i understand it,software is anything u use in program.hardware is the actual stuff u can touch, keyboard,monitor,tower,etc...by egore7/20/2010Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- Hardware = Wii system, guitar, Wii-motes, anything you can touch. Software is just the game itself. i.e. software only is just the game without the guitar.by mayhap6/23/2010Was this answer helpful? (1) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- Yes, I purchase the GH world tour kit and I can play other gh games with my guitar such as, band heroby cocbmfb10/13/2010Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- I bought the GH Drums and i experimented with the RB1 drums and they worked perfectly. I SWEAR! Im not sure if it works the same way with other platforms..by guitarhero181/2/2010Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- ALL guitar hero discs work for the guitar. I know that the drums do NOT work for guitar hero 1,2,3 and aerosmith. I have no idea about the Microphone...by kstevens89029/17/2009Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- I know for a fact that the mic works on all the Guitar Hero games, I also know that the Rock Band drums do work only on Guitar Hero 5, I don't know about the Rock Band guitars, though.by WWERAWFan9/17/2009Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- if you have the guitar hero game, that is the software, just pop into your wii console and let the fun beginby cocbmfb11/2/2011Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- No, just pop it in the wiiby guitarhero186/7/2010Was this answer helpful? (1) (0)Was this answer helpful?