Never before released outside of Japan (where it is known as Growlanser IV: Over Reloaded) and widely considered the best entry in the long-running franchise, this PSP system iteration of the fourth chapter in the Growlanser saga tells of a land - once rich with culture and technology - long ago nearly obliterated by evanescent divine entities. Two millennia later, the mysterious entities appear again, threatening to bring about an end to all things unless a fabled warrior of destiny can rise against them.
- Animation: Created under the supervision of Satoshi Urushihara, the legendary anime artist, high-quality cutscenes and artwork help to illuminate the dramatic journey of Crevanille and friends as they attempt to save mankind.
- Character Events:
- Story - Event Additions: This game focuses on its various characters within its new events in order to better its already-engrossing storyline.
- Furlough System: Spend time with your allies to improve your friendship, depending on how you spend your furloughs, the story's development and outcome may differ.
- New Endings: In addition to the new events, the number of endings available has been dramatically increased to over 40.
- New Routes: Friends who fought with you as comrades may cross over to a different faction to fight against you... Your various teammates will follow their own beliefs and as a result may become your enemies.
- Romance Elements - Female Characters: Always important in the Growlanser series are the romantic entanglements you can enter yourself into. Feel free to approach any sweetheart you want without fear of rejection! Gain friendship points to get close to your favorite character. In the original, Valkania Kingdom's Royal Guard Diana Silverneil could not be courted. Now, however, it's possible to pique her interest in you.
- ESRB Rating: TEEN with Blood, Mild Language, Suggestive Themes, and Fantasy Violence