About this item
Developed by series creator Rockstar North and set in Liberty City, the latest installment in the wildly successful Grand Theft Auto series features a painstakingly detailed and lifelike city for players to explore; a rich, immersive narrative experience; an original soundtrack highlighting the cultural eclecticism of Liberty City; and sixteen player multiplayer with more than a dozen online modes.
- The Plot - Grand Theft Auto IV is a brand new adventure in the GTA universe following the experiences of Nikolai "Niko" Bellic, a new immigrant from an undisclosed eastern European country whose troubled past and the persuasion of his cousin Roman have brought him to the fictional Liberty City. Unfortunately, Niko's search for the American Dream and a much needed fresh start, hits an immediate snag when the rags to riches story Roman spun to pique Niko's interest is exposed as not only a complete fabrication, but a ploy to enlist Niko's well-known skills as a tough guy against the ample list of enemies clamoring for Roman's debt-ridden blood. Because Roman is the only person Niko knows in Liberty City he begrudgingly accepts his role as Roman's protector despite the deception. But as time goes on Niko comes into his own, and his experience on the wrong side of the tracks proves more valuable than he could have ever imagined as he fights for survival and later supremacy on the crime ridden streets of Liberty City.
- Game Environments - Based on several of the boroughs of New York City and parts of New Jersey, Liberty City, familiar to players of previous games in the series, has been entirely redesigned for GTA IV. Players can expect visible detail down to the weeds growing in the cracks in the sidewalk, cars and buildings of visibly different ages and a much greater level if verticality in the buildings and bridges that they are able to explore as Niko moves through the city streets. In addition, pedestrians in GTA IV are much more realistic. No longer simply moving cardboard cutouts, these NPCs are intelligent, modern, human representations that laugh, cry, eat, drink, use cell phones and As, and talking amongst themselves regardless of Niko's interaction with them.
- Gameplay - Historically GTA games have focused heavily on mission-based play, requiring successful completion of fixed tasks in order for players to progress through the game, but this has changed to a great extent in GTA IV. Players will experience an entirely new and exciting emphasis centered on the blending of on-mission and off-mission play, resulting not only in an increased sense of realism, but more interesting and unrestricted gameplay.
- Warranty Info: Software license terms in game and www.rockstargames.com/eula; online account terms at www.rockstargames.com/socialclub. Non-transferable access to special features such as exclusive, unlockable, downloadable or online content, services, or functions may require single-use serial code, additional fee and/or online account registration (13+). Violation of EULA, Code of Conduct, or other policies may result in restriction or termination of access to game or online account. Access to special features may require internet connection, may not be available to all users, and may, upon 30 days notice, be terminated, modified, or offered under different terms. Unauthorized copying, reverse engineering, transmission, public performance, rental, pay for play, or circumvention of copy protection is strictly prohibited.
- ESRB Rating: MATURE with Strong Language, Partial Nudity, Strong Sexual Content, Use of Drugs and Alcohol, and Intense Violence
|Genre:||Action & Adventure|
|Shipping Weight (in pounds):||0.3|
|Product in Inches (L x W x H):||7.5 x 5.0 x 0.5|
|Assembled in Country of Origin:||USA or Imported|
|Origin of Components:||USA or Imported|
Ask a question
If you would like to share feedback with us about pricing, delivery or other customer service issues, please contact customer service directly.
Walmart does not sponsor, recommend or endorse any third party product or service, or any customer ideas or advice.
Questions will be checked against our question guidelines and posted within five to seven business days.
- 2 discs.by MzJazzieMama10/26/2014Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- 2 discs......1 disc is full GTA iv, the other disc is two other games.by PudsMom1/2/2013Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- IT HAS 2 DISCby likr6048/2/2012Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- I disc has the full game The second disc has the other two games I purchases this for my son, he really enjoys the second disc. Not for young kidsby Soreal646/19/2012Was this answer helpful? (2) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- yes, there are two discs in the package. GTA is one disc, the other is two more games.by PudsMom7/17/2013Was this answer helpful? (1) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- Yes it is a disc of its ownby Soreal644/12/2012Was this answer helpful? (1) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- Noby Cheezitz4/8/2014Was this answer helpful? (1) (2)Was this answer helpful?
- one player for home controller. If you go on-line, you can play with many others.by PudsMom5/9/2013Was this answer helpful? (1) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- One playerby Soreal643/23/2012Was this answer helpful? (1) (0)Was this answer helpful?