Gold Medal® Better for Bread® Flour 5 lb. Bag
Customers also considered
Customers also bought these products
About this item
About this item
Important Made in USA Origin Disclaimer: For certain items sold by Walmart on Walmart.com, the displayed country of origin information may not be accurate or consistent with manufacturer information. For updated, accurate country of origin data, it is recommended that you rely on product packaging or manufacturer information.
At Gold Medal, we believe that you need to start with quality ingredients to bake your best. From the field to your table, we take pride in ensuring the Gold Medal standard is upheld. We begin by selecting top-grade North American wheat. We mill the wheat ourselves, using mills we have owned for generations. We believe this difference sets us apart and ensures our commitment to consistency is upheld. We create Gold Medal Flour with the same care and dedication you use when baking. For over 125 years, our constant goal has been to do your effort proud. For as long as you take the time to create something special, we'll continue to provide the flour you can rely upon.
Unbleached; Unbromated & Enriched, The Measure of Quality, Kosher
Ingredients: Wheat Flour, Malted Barley Flour, Niacin (a B vitamin), Iron, Thiamin Mononitrate (Vitamin B1), Riboflavin (Vitamin B2), Folic Acid (a B vitamin).
Instructions: Measuring and Storing Flour: Spoon flour into a measuring cup and level off with a knife. No sifting necessary. Store flour in an airtight canister in a cool, dry place. For longer storage, place in a resealable plastic freezer bag and refrigerate or freeze. Bring to room temperature before using. Substituting Flour: Substitute cup for cup in recipes calling for all-purpose or whole wheat flour. Bread flour is also suitable for quick breads and cookies but is least suitable for cakes and pastries.
Explore this item
|Food Form:||STAND UP BAG|
|Nutrient Content Claims:||Kosher|
|Manufacturer Part Number:||12640|
|Features:||Enriched , Unbleached , Better for bread , Ideal for bread machines , Kosher|
|Assembled Product Dimensions (L x W x H):||4.12 x 5.50 x 7.50 Inches|
|Amount Per Serving|
|% Daily Value|
|Total Fat 0||0|
|Sodium 0 Mg||1|
|Potassium 30 Mg||1|
|Total Carbohydrate 22 G||7|
|Dietary Fiber <1 G||3|
(-) Information is currently not available for this nutrient.
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:**
** Percent Daily Values listed below are intended for adults and children over 4 years of age. Foods represented or purported to be for use by infants, children less than 4 years of age, pregnant women, or lactating women shall use the RDI's that are specified for the intended group provided by the FDA.
|Total Fat||Less than||65g||80g|
|Sat. Fat||Less than||20g||25g|
Calories per gram:
Fat 9•Carbohydrate 4•Protein 4
Ask a question
If you would like to share feedback with us about pricing, delivery or other customer service issues, please contact customer service directly.
Questions will be checked against our question guidelines and posted within five to seven business days.
- Yes it is suitable, but that's about it. I changed to King Arthur bread flour and will never go back to Gold Medal. The latter is lighter, rose higher, tastier, fresher. Glad you asked!by DoinFine19644/30/2016Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- Yes!by Hotta5/9/2015Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- I think that's what it's made for. I made 3 loaves in the week I have the machine and I had no problems with the flour. the bread came out really GOOD and Tasty and Moist.by njraclem12/9/2015Was this answer helpful? (4) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- Yes, very goodby Decio5/13/2015Was this answer helpful? (2) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- Yes. It's bread flour, and you're making bread. Buy a 5-pound sack and try it. Try making it without the machine; you'll be surprised how simple it is.by Badotz5/13/2015Was this answer helpful? (1) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- Yes, this will work in a breadmaker.by CommunityAnswer5/13/2015Was this answer helpful? (1) (0)Was this answer helpful?
Q. Gold Medal unbleached unbromated & enriched is that flour good to bake in a bread machine ($3.13)?
- I have used Gold Medal for a few years in my bread machine, it turned out okay. I am now sold on King Arthur's brand and found the difference is huge between the two. King's is lighter, raised higher, tastes fresher, softer and all around better flour for the bread and bagels I make. (I am a real amateur at bread making), I will never go back to Gold Medal.by DoinFine19644/30/2016Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- Yes, it is excellent for bread machine. I've been using it with my Zojirushi bread maker for over a year.by Hotta12/9/2015Was this answer helpful? (1) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- I've used this flour with 5 different breads I made and it works greatby njraclem12/9/2015Was this answer helpful? (2) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- Yes, very goodby Decio6/29/2014Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- If they ship you the right stuff it will work very well in your bread machine, but they shipped me a different Gold Medal flour I couldn't use. Even though the packing list agreed to my order, the bag of flour was different, and WRONG.by Xylem12/9/2015Was this answer helpful? (2) (1)Was this answer helpful?
- Yes! That's the only way I've used it.by GaPeach049512/9/2015Was this answer helpful? (2) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- Flour is flour...the bread flour just has a bit more gluten content. It would no doubt work for pasta fine, but not great for bread.by DoinFine19646/29/2016Was this answer helpful? (0) (1)Was this answer helpful?
- I've made 5 loaves of assorted breads in the 2 weeks I have this machine and I only used this brand flour. My daughter also used this flour. It seems to work greatby njraclem6/29/2016Was this answer helpful? (1) (2)Was this answer helpful?
Customers also viewed these products
- $11.60 Was $15.96Save $4.36