About this item
Geriatric Rehabilitation: A Textbook for the Physical Therapist Assistant, recognizes the growing role of the PTA in a variety of heath care settings from acute to home to long-term care settings, to name a few.
Inside Geriatric Rehabilitation, Dr. Jennifer Bottomley, along with her contributors, focuses on the clinically relevant assessment, treatment, and management of the geriatric population. Pathological manifestations commonly seen in the elderly patient are addressed from a systems perspective, as well as a focus on what is seen clinically and how it affects function.
Each pathological area covered includes:
* Screening, assessment, and evaluation
* Treatment prescription
* Goal setting
* Modification of treatment
* Anticipated outcomes
* Psychosocial, pharmacological,
and nutritional elements
The organization and presentation of the practical, hands-on components of interventions, assessments, and decision-making skills make this a go-to text for the PTA to administer comprehensive geriatric care at each point along the continuum of care.
Some of the features inside include:
* Emphasis on treatment interventions-techniques, tips, and options
* Focus on how assessment tools and treatments are applied and modified to benefit the geriatric population, and what the expected outcomes are
* Clear and outlined chapter objectives
* User-friendly summary tables in the nutritional and pharmacology chapters
* Pearls that highlight important chapter information
* Appendices and study aids
Geriatric Rehabilitation: A Textbook for the Physical Therapist Assistant answers the call for a text that focuses on the management of geriatric patients across the spectrum of care for the PTA, from students to those practicing in geriatric populations.
|Publish Date:||Jun 15, 2010|
|Number of Pages:||368|
|Shipping Weight (in pounds):||2.7|
|Product in Inches (L x W x H):||11.0 x 8.5 x 1.0|
Be the first to review this item. Share your rating and review so that other customers can decide if this is the right item for them.
Ask a question
If you would like to share feedback with us about pricing, delivery or other customer service issues, please contact customer service directly.
Walmart does not sponsor, recommend or endorse any third party product or service, or any customer ideas or advice.
Questions will be checked against our question guidelines and posted within five to seven business days.