About this item
|Multi Pack Indicator:||No|
|Battery Type:||Does Not Contain a Battery|
|Shipping Weight (in pounds):||0.1|
|Product in Inches (L x W x H):||4.5 x 5.0 x 4.75|
|Assembled in Country of Origin:||USA|
|Origin of Components:||USA|
Ask a question
If you would like to share feedback with us about pricing, delivery or other customer service issues, please contact customer service directly.
Walmart does not sponsor, recommend or endorse any third party product or service, or any customer ideas or advice.
Questions will be checked against our question guidelines and posted within five to seven business days.
- It will register as low as the scale on it goes! Are you checking dead bodies?!?by JustAnotherShopper1004/3/2015Was this answer helpful? (0) (2)Was this answer helpful?
- You shake it down (just like the old mercury thermometers) until the fluid line inside is well below 98.6. Then you place the thermometer in the person's mouth with the bulb part under the tongue. You are supposed to leave it there at least 5 minutes and while it is there, the fluid inside is rising to the temperature of the person. I would check to see if you can take a child's temperature with this because it is glass and appears to be thin glass at that. Anyway, when the time is up, (it doesn't beep or anything so you have to time it yourself. It can't hurt to stay longer so if you just guess on the time, no no harm done.) So when the time is up, you look at the unit to see where the line has risen to and that is your temperature. If you have never read a traditional thermometer, it might take some practice. But it is by far a more accurate reading.by Hadtobesaid4/3/2015Was this answer helpful? (1) (1)Was this answer helpful?
- The package states to wait 3 minutes minimum for a reading.by FireMarshallBill4/3/2015Was this answer helpful? (1) (1)Was this answer helpful?
- 87 degrees Fby KatieHartz2/10/2015Was this answer helpful? (6) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- 1) shake down the thermometer 2) Clean it off with rubbing alcohol 3) Put in mouth for three minutes 4) read temp!by JustAnotherShopper1002/19/2015Was this answer helpful? (1) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- Put it under your tongue for 5-8 minutes, this one is very slow. Have someone shake it down for you. Better yet put it in under your arm in your armpit and then lower your arm to hold it tight. Leave it for 8-10 minutes then read it. Shaking it down to 97degrees or so is illustrated on the Internet: http://nursing411.org/Courses/MD0531_Taking_Vital_Signs/2-11_taking_vital_signs.htm Take it back and get a digital $2.99 . Push the button on the right. Put it in your mouth, when it beeps take it out and look at the black numerals. This is your temperature. Write it down on paper with a pen or pencil, push the button again if the numerals still show and the window with the numerals should go blank. Don't leave the 88:88 showing. PUSH the button so this goes off.by annissette3/10/2014Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?