Your morning ritual is sure to be improved with the Gaggia Espresso Color in your kitchen. Not only will your mood brighten right up when you see this snazzy red machine on your countertop, but all of its features will amaze you. With a reliable, stainless steel boiler, a Pannarello frothing wand, and a 42-ounce removable water reservoir, this machine will make you drinks that taste even better than those you get at your corner coffee house. This lightweight machine is compact and won't take up too much counter space. Fix yourself that perfect latte, morning after morning, with the Gaggia Espresso Color.
Outstanding features of the Gaggia Espresso Color
- Snazzy, red plastic housing will make a splash in your kitchen
- Reliable stainless steel boiler
- 3 filter baskets included: single shot, double shot, and pod
- Pannarello wand for hands-on steaming
- Chrome-plated brass group head and filter holder
- Powerful 15-BAR pump pressure
- Featuring a 42-oz. removable water reservoir
- Includes coffee tamper and coffee measuring scoop
- 1100 Watts/120 Volts
- Lightweight; just 10.14 pounds
- 8.3W x 10.8D x 14H inches
- Manufacturer's warranty included
- Made in Italy
What does ''BAR pressure'' mean? Pressure is the result of the packed (tamped) coffee giving the water resistance to pass through. The pump forces the water through that resistance and the power it needs to do so is commonly measured in BAR (= kg per square centimeter). A pressure rating is used on most pump-driven espresso machines. The typical accepted pressure for brewing espresso, 9 BAR, is 8.8 atmospheres of pressure or 130 pounds per square inch. Good pumps should be able to create more pressure (power) than they need to produce perfect espresso so that they don't break when the right combinations (fineness and consistency of grind, tamping, amount of ground coffee) are not prevalent. A good pump has a capacity of creating 15 or more BARs. To produce a lasting crema on top of your espresso, the water should pass through the coffee at approximately seven to nine BARs of pressure.
About Gaggia Gaggia is the number-one selling home espresso machine manufacturer in Italy. Achille Gaggia, known as the founder of the modern espresso machine, founded the company in 1947. His innovative design eliminated steam from the extraction process and gave us the thick, crema-topped espresso that's so popular today. In 1977, the Gaggia company began producing machines for home use, and since that time, they have been at the forefront of development and innovation in the industry. Gaggia espresso machines combine Old World, classic styling with cutting-edge technology to bring you feature-packed machines that are easy to use and look fantastic in your kitchen. Enjoy espresso in the true Italian style with Gaggia.
- 3 filter baskets included: single, double, and pod
- 15-BAR pump pressure
- 42-oz. removable water chamber
- Ideal for home or small office use
- Snazzy, red plastic body for a contemporary look
- Includes a Pannarello frothing wand