Check out these related products
- $32.76 List price $34.95Save $2.19
- $32.81 List price $34.95Save $2.14
- $20.66 List price $21.95Save $1.29
- $28.73 List price $40.00Save $11.27
- $24.62 List price $29.95Save $5.33
- $26.04 List price $29.95Save $3.91
- $26.55 Was $27.95Save $1.40
- $22.71 List price $27.95Save $5.24
- $60.54 List price $69.95Save $9.41
- $77.29 List price $99.95Save $22.66
Friend of the Court: On the Front Lines with the First Amendment
Consider these popular products
- $17.14 List price $24.95Save $7.81
- $16.49 List price $19.99Save $3.50
- $18.11 Was $19.95Save $1.84
- $22.99 List price $39.99Save $17.00
- $30.03 List price $39.99Save $9.96
- $11.95 List price $14.95Save $3.00
- $11.40 List price $16.00Save $4.60
- $149.08 List price $197.40Save $48.32
About this item
About this item
Important Made in USA Origin Disclaimer: For certain items sold by Walmart on Walmart.com, the displayed country of origin information may not be accurate or consistent with manufacturer information. For updated, accurate country of origin data, it is recommended that you rely on product packaging or manufacturer information.
Offers a perspective on the First Amendment and the protection it provides, from a lawyer who has litigated everything from national-security and prior-restraint issues to libel and censorship.
Since 1971, when the Pentagon Papers were leaked to the "New York Times" and furious debate over First Amendment rights ensued, free-speech cases have emerged in rapid succession. Floyd Abrams has been on the front lines of nearly every one of these major cases, which is also to say that, more than any other person, he has forged this country's legal understanding of free speech. Litigating everything from national-security and prior-restraint issues to controversies concerning the law of libel and attempts by local officials to censor art, Abrams has worked devotedly to protect the First Amendment, the "crown jewel" of America's Constitution. This collection of Abrams's writings gathers speeches, articles, debates, briefs, oral arguments, and testimony from his entire career. The writings illuminate topics of ongoing import: WikiLeaks, the correctness of the Citizens United case, journalist shield laws, and, not least, the responsibilities of the press. An exceptional writer and a brilliant thinker, Abrams offers a unique perspective on the First Amendment and the unparalleled rights it confers.
|Number of Pages:||473|
|Publisher:||Yale Univ Pr|
|Publication Date:||June, 2013|
|Digital Video Formats:||Hardcover|
|Assembled Product Dimensions (L x W x H):||6.50 x 9.50 x 1.50 IN|
Ask a question
If you would like to share feedback with us about pricing, delivery or other customer service issues, please contact customer service directly.
Questions will be checked against our question guidelines and posted within five to seven business days.