About this item
The FixMeStick® PRO is a Linux-based device that runs before Windows boots enabling it to remove infections without the infection being able to block it.
FixMeStick PRO - Virus Removal Device - Unlimited Use on Unlimited PCs contains a built-in multi-scanner composed of three anti-virus engines: Kaspersky Lab®, Sophos®, and ThreatTrack's VIPRE®. These three anti-virus engines work together in parallel to find the widest range of infections and deliver the highest confidence remediation.
The FixMeStick's ‘Computer on a stick' architecture provides a separate and clean operating system to fix Windows operating systems. It also enables remote access independent of the host operating system, i.e. out-of-band remote management.
FixMeStick PRO - Virus Removal Device - Unlimited Use on Unlimited PCs:
- Easy to support: Any removal operation is 100% reversible with the click of a button when using this virus removal software.
- Bootability: The FixMeStick uses a bootloader menu system to provide multiple boot configuration options, one of which will work on essentially any PC.
- Detection, Cleaning, Quarantine: Three anti-virus scanners within this virus removal software provide the super-set of all three scanners's detections. Each scanner is loaded into RAM, and files are fetched from disk once and passed to each scanner in parallel. The result is a scan time on par with desktop “on-demand" full system scans. Only if each of the scanners fail to clean an infected file is that file quarantined.
- FixMeStick PRO - Virus Removal Device - Unlimited Use on Unlimited PCs Connectivity: The FixMeStick PC virus removal automatically seeks an Internet connection when it starts. It has built-in ethernet drivers that support essentially all PC ethernet hardware. It also contains built-in WiFi drivers that support most PC WiFi hardware. If the FixMeStick is booted from Windows (versus directly from the BIOS) the FixMeStick will automatically use the default WiFi SSID and password active on the Windows operating system (except on Vista). If an auto-connection is not possible the user can select their network from the WiFi picker that is displayed within FixMeStick. Once a connection is established, the FixMeStick downloads program and malware definition updates and stores them on the FixMeStick. The FixMeStick will work without a network connection, but it won't be able to fetch the latest malware definition updates.
- Remote Remediation: FixMeStick Management Server has a record of every FixMeStick's usage (for users who have permitted this information retrieval) and log files for every scan. Each FixMeStick also contains a TeamViewer® client. The FixMeStick user enters the key combination “CTRL-ALT-R" and the TeamViewer client will display. The user provides the endpoint id and passcode to the solution provider, and the solution provider can remotely login to the FixMeStick, i.e. login to the Ubuntu-based operating system that is FixMeStick, from which they can manage the local device.
- FixMeStick PRO - Virus Removal Device - Unlimited Use on Unlimited PCs License: Use the PC virus removal an unlimited number of times on unlimited PCs for one year, then renew for subsequent years.
Windows® XP, Vista, 7, 8; A minimum of 512 MB of RAM.
|Multi Pack Indicator:||No|
|Battery Type:||Does Not Contain a Battery|
|Model No.:||Fixmestick FMS9ZAFPRO|
|Shipping Weight (in pounds):||0.15|
|Product in Inches (L x W x H):||5.3 x 7.6 x 1.4|
|Assembled in Country of Origin:||USA or Imported|
|Origin of Components:||USA or Imported|
Ask a question
If you would like to share feedback with us about pricing, delivery or other customer service issues, please contact customer service directly.
Walmart does not sponsor, recommend or endorse any third party product or service, or any customer ideas or advice.
Questions will be checked against our question guidelines and posted within five to seven business days.