Family Mobile SIM Card & Activation Kit
About this item
About this item
Important Made in USA Origin Disclaimer: For certain items sold by Walmart on Walmart.com, the displayed country of origin information may not be accurate or consistent with manufacturer information. For updated, accurate country of origin data, it is recommended that you rely on product packaging or manufacturer information.
The Walmart Family Mobile SIM Card Activation Kit includes everything you need to activate wireless service with Walmart Family Mobile. Use this kit to begin receiving Unlimited Talk, Text & Web service, with unlimited calling across the U.S. -- all with no annual contract and no credit check. The Activation Kit can be used with Walmart Family Mobile phones, or any unlocked GSM phone that takes a standard SIM.
Walmart Family Mobile SIM Card Activation Kit Includes:
|Manufacturer Part Number:||ACTIVATIONKITTMONOBA|
|Assembled Product Dimensions (L x W x H):||4.80 x 4.80 x 0.03 IN|
Ask a question
If you would like to share feedback with us about pricing, delivery or other customer service issues, please contact customer service directly.
Questions will be checked against our question guidelines and posted within five to seven business days.
Q. Do I still need to buy prepaid minutes when i buy this activation kit. Please could you further clarify what the kit contains
- Refer to my review on the activation kit.by RemotelyConfused3/30/2011Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- Do not let them sell you the minutes until they run out on the activation kit because it include minutes. ( No,) do not buy the minites at that time.by lehmann2/1/2011Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- Ok.. Little bit of confusion here... the activation kit comes with the sim card, activation card and manuals. NO PHONE. The one line (or selected 2-5 line) COMES WITH the phones and whats stated in the activation kit.. And finaly Family Mobile DONT US MINUTES!! - It is UNLIMITED talk and text ($45 for first line, $25 for additional line - up to 5 lines). - I hope this helps.by StevenElectronicAssociate7/31/2011Was this answer helpful? (1) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- The kit comes with the phone, a standard wall-charger, and 20 minutes airtime. You will need to purchase additional prepaid minutes -- it is recommended that you do this right away and activate at the time that you activate the phone. The phone kit also comes with a booklet of coupons that you can use towards the purchase of minutes. And as a bonus this phone kit comes with double-minutes for life.by Kit55266/6/2011Was this answer helpful? (0) (3)Was this answer helpful?
- This is a post-pay service, just pay for the sims and activation kit, sign up online and use, you get billed at the end of the month.by SCM196512/24/2010Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- The activation kit is only to get the service started. You still need to select which plan you would like. You only need to purchase the activation kit once.by assetprotection2/22/2011Was this answer helpful? (2) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- I used to have T-Mobile service (for a short period of time) so I had a Nokia 5230 that I bought from T-Mobile for that service. I was able to use it. I believe if you have a phone with a Sim card, you will be able to use this service.by RemotelyConfused12/6/2011Was this answer helpful? (0) (1)Was this answer helpful?
- Actually, if the phone is not Family Mobile, it HAS TO BE unlocked. T-mobile and Family Mobile are different. Walmart Family Mobile is powered by t-mobile.. using only their towers. I have Family Mobile and my phone is a t-mobile htc mytouch Fender edition and it had to be unlocked to use the Family Mobile sim card. My phone didnt read the sim card until it was unlocked.by StevenElectronicAssociate12/6/2011Was this answer helpful? (2) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- Yes, I use a hd2 phone with no problemby CellPhoneUser22/3/2011Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- No only AT&T or T-Mobile. AT&T must be unlocked.by lehmann12/6/2011Was this answer helpful? (0) (1)Was this answer helpful?
- With Family Mobile, you would get unlimited talk & text for $45. Add a line for $25 ( up to 5 lines). As well, you could add a webpak to get data and pix messaging (pix = $0.05 / web = 1MB - appx. 80 web pages). Also, if you find an unlocked htc hd2 phone, you can use it with Family Mobile or any other unlocked phone. - I hope this helps.by StevenElectronicAssociate12/6/2011Was this answer helpful? (2) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- No you cant switch your T-Mobile plan for Family Mobile's plan because Family Mobile is in competition with T-Mobile... However, you can drop T-Mobile to Family Mobile.. or vice-versa. - I hope this helps.by StevenElectronicAssociate1/24/2011Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- Yes, assuming you are leaving T-Mobile for this, T-Mobile does not offer a competitive plan, I tried to get them to match before switching, they would not.by SCM196512/24/2010Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- Only if you are already on a prepaid plan. Even then you still need the activation kit.by assetprotection12/20/2010Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- per walmart you can switch as long as your not under contract. you can use your same tmobile phone and your same tmobile number.by ssmaw12/9/2010Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- No. I called TMobile and tried myself. They said they are two separate things and that they are not part of the Walmart family plan. So you would have to cancel and then move to this plan. Your phones will work thoughby JKJIJI12/5/2010Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?