Customers also viewed these products
- from $5.69
- from $4.98
- from $5.99
- $8.99 Was $9.99Save $1.00
Edimax EW-7228APn 150Mbps Wireless11n Access Point with 5 Port Switch
Consider these popular products
- $9.99 List price $12.99Save $3.00
- $17.99 Was $22.10Save $4.11
About this item
About this item
Important Made in USA Origin Disclaimer: For certain items sold by Walmart on Walmart.com, the displayed country of origin information may not be accurate or consistent with manufacturer information. For updated, accurate country of origin data, it is recommended that you rely on product packaging or manufacturer information.
The Edimax EW-7228APn 150Mbps Wireless11n Access Point acts as a bridge between the wired Ethernet and the 2.4GHz IEEE 802.11b/g/n wireless LAN. This allows the LAN client stations to access the wired and the wireless network nodes. The wireless access point with 5-port switch features a Universal Repeater mode that offers extended network coverage and increased signal strength. This mode is compliant with other wireless APs and routers and helps you to set up a huge wireless network in places like airports and schools. It increases speed up to six times faster and extends coverage up to three times faster. The Edimax EW-7228APn 150Mbps Wireless 11n Access Point supports point-to-point and point-to-multi network setup. It uses a clever protocol in smart transmission power control. When the wireless is idle, power saving techniques are implemented to decrease power consumption.
Edimax EW-7228APn 150Mbps Wireless11n Access Point:
- Increases wireless speed up to 6 times faster
- Extends wireless coverage up to 3 times further
- Supports point-to-point and point-to-multi network setup
- Provides multi-languages EZmax wizard for hassle-free installation
- Supports WDS mode, Universal Repeater mode and AP client mode
- Supports WPA, WPA2 enhanced security function and WPS configuration button
- Edimax access point supports Green WLAN to reduce power consumption
|System Requirements:|| |
|Maximum RAM Supported:||2 MB|
|Connector Type:||5 x 10/100 Ethernet|
|Interface Type:||5 x network - Ethernet 10Base-T/100Base-TX - RJ-45|
|Volts:||5 V DC|
|Video Game Platform:||PC|
|Manufacturer Part Number:||EW-7228APN|
|RAM Memory:||16 MB SDRAM|
|Power Type:||AC Adapter|
|Features:||Power adapter - external , DHCP support, repeating mode, auto-fallback, MAC address filtering, Wireless Distribution System (WDS) support, firmware upgradable, Trivial File Transfer Protocol (TFTP) support, Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS), DHCP server, Multiple SSID support, hidden SSID, wireless bridge mode, Green WLAN|
|Assembled Product Dimensions (L x W x H):||8.00 x 6.00 x 3.00 IN|
Manuals & Guides
Ask a question
If you would like to share feedback with us about pricing, delivery or other customer service issues, please contact customer service directly.
Questions will be checked against our question guidelines and posted within five to seven business days.
Q. I have Clear Wireless internet...Will this product work with the wireless router I already have?
- Should work with any wireless router.by Tech19772/25/2014Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- yes, I also have a wireless internet and it is connectedby Alwaysreview12310/23/2013Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- If you're getting it to fill dead spots in your house, you shouldn't have any problems. If you're going to wire it into your network select ap mode and I would match the SSID and security of your main wireless router but make sure you use a different channel. The 3 non overlapping channels are 1, 6 and 11. So as long as you don't have them both on the same channel you should be good to go. If you just want to use it as a repeater, same deal except instead you'd choose universal repeater.by 43616OH5/15/2013Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- Yes, it should be able to work with your router. What is your router model#? If you need any setup assistance, please feel free to contact our tech support at (408)988-6092 or write an email to " firstname.lastname@example.org ". Our tech support team will assist you with the issue.by Edimax3/11/2013Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
Q. so this repeater will connect to my existing wireless network and I can then connect ethernet devices to it and get internet access?
- yesby Alwaysreview12310/23/2013Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- Yes, it can do that as it has 5 ethernet ports on the back to plug in to...it also can extend the range of your existing wireless network. This is good if you have a big house or if you want to share the wireless signal with a neighbor and split the monthly cost of internet service...by Rattay7/27/2013Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- It sounds like you're referring to the bridge mode in which you have wired devices that you want to connect to the wireless network. If so, the answer is yes.by 43616OH5/15/2013Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- I have it set up as a bridge and switch. I have a multifunction printer connected to one of the ports. The printer works with all functions and the only wire is from the printer to the switch. The switch is connected to my network via wireless. It was a real pain in the neck to get it right, but it works.by Petetheshopper1/18/2012Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- You need a "wireless router" in addition to a modem to use this. This device strengthens and existing wireless signal....very useful if you have a large house or if you want to split the cost of internet with your neighbor (one bill but 2 people get to use internet).by Rattay7/27/2013Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- It should work with any modem.by 43616OH5/15/2013Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- Its for a router, not a modem.by Petetheshopper4/17/2013Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- Yes, it works with most routers and modems.by Edimax5/13/2013Was this answer helpful? (1) (0)Was this answer helpful?