Rated 2.4 out of 5 by 11
Rated 4 out of 5 by gbmahili Great for movies
When you wanna watch a movie and work while on easy, go for this one.
Rated 4 out of 5 by techishmom Great idea BUT Would not work with my Galaxy Tab 2
Couldn't wait for the convienience of this Dock for my Samsung Galaxy Tab 2, but as it turned out my Galaxy Tab 2 would not fit. The way the plastic was molded at the sides it would not accommodate the Galaxy Tab 2. I am in engineering and I tried to make it work but I could not and I did not try to force it. It must be made only for the first Galaxy Tablet? I wonder if anyone else had this problem. Maybe that would explain the extreme drop in price on this item. I did return it.
Rated 4 out of 5 by ProfessorGR Great Dock station
It work very good.
You connect your galaxy tab charger and your HDMI cable (mini-hHDMI male to HDMI male, not included thats bad) to the samsung Dock station, connect it to your TV and ll work.
SO SIMPLE and works good.
Design is awesome.
Rated 4 out of 5 by Honduras12 It Does its work!
Don't know why people complain about this accessory for me it does what it promised.
Rated 1 out of 5 by mskelbel Disappointing
I understand it's a dock, but it should have come with a cord. The cord that comes with the tablet is frustratingly short. It doesn't have a dock mode like my HTC Amaze does so I won't be using it as much as I had hoped. It is extremely overpriced for what you get. It does fit the tablet well, but you have to remove any case to use it. I haven't had the same problems with peeling my screen protector as another lady did, but then maybe she's using it more than I am.
Rated 1 out of 5 by Cyber2steve Too much problems!!!
Can not charge Tab in Dock without removing from case... Have to take it out of cover every time to charge... That's just senseless... Couldn't you guys have also built a real wireless charger that works like a charging mat???
Rated 2 out of 5 by Tremor Avoid!
IF you have a screen protector for your Tab 10.1 and you try using this? It will peel the two bottom corners of your screen protector. This dock was designed with NO screen protector in mind, it is not the same designed dock as you will find using the OEM keyboard dock. I would have given it 4 stars on features but it is only as good as a charging dock with a 3.5mm audio jack. Samsung would have sold a lot of these if they integrated the HDMI port with this product.
Rated 1 out of 5 by Diyogee Not Worth The Money
Prior to the touchwiz update I was very satisfied with this dock. When plugged in, the tablet would display a digital alarm clock that could be set as needed. Since the touchwiz update the multimedia dock no longer displays the alarm clock. All you get is a dark screen that doesn't even indicate if the tablet is charging . IMHO it is no longer worth the purchase. Charge the tablet with the charging cable and use your money for a more worthwhile purchase.
Rated 2 out of 5 by sps1 Flawed docking accessory
Talk about not meeting expectations.
(1) I expected the dock to come with the required USB cable or built in power -- I did not expect to have to use the USB cable that came with the original tablet. Samsung might have saved a few dollars with this move, but It has seriously diminished the out-of-box experience of this accessory.
(2) I expected that the dock would work well with Samsung carrying case, but no, these two accessories from Samsung don't play well together. You seriously expect me to take the tab out of the carrying case to dock it each time I come home, and conversely when I take it out? Again did not meet expectation-- by a long shot.
I'm very disappointed.
Rated 2 out of 5 by turbonerd Great idea...poor execution
I bought three of these...one for my bedroom, so I could use the Galaxy Tab as my alam clock. One for my kitchen so I could drop it in when I get home from work and could see family images and do light web work while it charges. I also go one for the office to better sync with my PC. All in all...looked great and promising, failed to execute on any of these items well...
1. When you stick it in the cradle in the bedroom, you would expect the clock to simply appear and have all of the controls to then dive in and make it usable. Well, clock does not always appear (the one installed with the device), the music player does not interface correctly when the device is in sleep mode, etc. So, I downloaded a bunch of 3rd party apps and got a little better, but not as good as a trusty alarm clock. This needs to be easier than an alarm clock. When it drops into the cradle, it shoudl automatocally launch a cradle desktop mode like the old Droids...and all of this should execute flawlessly every time. I am never quite sure if the alarm clock will wake me up.
2. In the kitchen, the photo viewed does not stay on after the device goes into lock mode, so it does not work as a photo viewer
3. Yes, I can use it in my office, but for what. Samsung does not have a gracefull Windows or Apple integration. Consequently, after you could get to the drivers, you download those form the samsung website, then you can access the device storage from your PC. It is little more than that - no music or photo sync. The advantage of having this for HDMI output exists whether it is in the cradle or not, it is the 30-pin adapter.
This product needs to be rethought. I gave it good grades for weight and balance...it won't tip over easily (a problem with iPad implementations.
Rated 1 out of 5 by SassiestEel Doesn't Work With Screen Protector
I have a similar dock for my phone and i love it, but this accessory is not what i was hoping for at all. I put my tab into the dock and it separated my screen protector from the screen....not helpful for protecting my screen. There are two tabs on the inside of the cradle that are there to support the device but they dug into the screen protector. The screen protector is high quality and was installed correctly. The cradle is also made of light weight plastic and doesn't hold the device as securely as I would expect. It needs to be more sturdy and hold the tablet more firmly. I love my tab but not this dock.