Players once again take on the roles of the cast of Dead or Alive fighters in an intense, action-packed brawler set in visually striking locations from around the world. The famed DOA hand-to-hand combat returns, supported by completely new 3D stages that update the series' characteristic style with a fresh look and feel. DOA5 stages are more than spectacular visual backdrops, instead playing to a fighter's strengths. As a fight progresses, the backdrop will change and interact with players. Skilled fighters will be able to utilize these dynamic stages to pit their opponents against fresh obstacles to create a new fighting experience. This fusion of combat and dynamically changing backdrops is a formula for the evolution of fighting games as "Fighting Entertainment".
- Intense DOA Fighting: DOA5 expands the signature fighting style for which the series is known with a variety of new martial arts techniques and styles.
- Realistic and Sensual Graphics: Characters come alive with a new visual style combining stunning realism with a warm, naturalistic feel that conveys every facet of each character - from raw power to sleek sensuality.
- Dream Lineup: Play as Ryu Hayabusa, Hayate, Ayane, Kasumi, and Hitomi as well as numerous additional characters.
- Interactive Blockbuster Stages: More than a backdrop, spectacular locations from around the world provide a changing and interactive showcase for deadly battles.
- New Special Moves: Use power blows to interactively trigger the Danger Zone of a stage, including crashing cars, collapsing glaciers, and an exploding oil rig distract your opponent or drive him into danger.
- Online Battles: A full-fledged online experience awaits players that allows for both beginners and experts to compete head to head in a variety of playing fields and battle modes.
- ESRB Rating: MATURE with Sexual Themes, Partial Nudity, and Violence