About this item
Here's the kind of pure ultralight excitement that makes a Bluegill feel like a Bluefin. Choose from easy casting spincast or spinning tackle in its own ready-to-travel, ultra-compact hard case. It's a perfect size for tucking in your luggage, backpacking or just keeping handy under the car seat. Minicast System features inlude: Ultralight MC40 reel with?aluminum alloy body and?nose cone, smooth disc ?drag and easy push-button casting, pre-wound with 4 lb. test?line, Matching 4 1/2 foot, five-piece ultralight rod for 2-6 pound test lines, 1/16 to 1/4 ounce lures, and an ultra-compact hard case?with built-in tackle compartments.
Daiwa Minicast Travel System
Coming complete in its own ready-to-travel, compact hard case, the Minisystem Minicast Reel and Rod Combo from Daiwa is ready to drop a line wherever you go. A good option for freshwater applications, the combo features the ultra-light action MC40 Minicast Reel pre-wound with 4-pound test line and a 4.5-foot ultra-light action rod folded up neatly inside the case.
The MC40 reel offers fast and ultra-light action with smooth disk drag and easy push-button casting. The matching rod is built for 2 to 6 pound test lines and 1/16 to 1/4-ounce lures. Ready-to-travel, this system will fit in a backpack, tuck inside your luggage, or stow handily under your car seat.
Minicast MC40 Reel Features:
- Aluminum alloy body and nose cone
- Smooth disk drag
- Easy push-button casting
- Pre-wound with 4-pound test line
- Bearings: Bushings--no ball bearings
- Gear Ratio: 4.1:1
- Line Per Handle Turn: 16.1 inches
- Weight: 5.5 ounces
- Line Capacity: 4/85 (Pound Test/Yards)
- Length: 4 feet, 6 inches
- Action: Ultra-light
- Pieces: 5
- Line weight: 2 to 6 pounds
- Lure weight: 1/16 to 1/4 ounces
- Compact, ultra-light spincast travel combo with the MC40 reel and 4-foot, 6-inch, five-piece rod
- Aluminum alloy body and nose cone construction; smooth disc drag; push-button casting
- Reel is pre-wound with 4-pound test line
- Ultra-light rod for 2 to 6-pound test lines and 1/16 to 1/4 ounce lures
- Comes in a compact hardcase with built-in tackle compartments
|Shipping Weight (in pounds):||1.0|
|Assembled in Country of Origin:||USA and/or Imported|
|Origin of Components:||USA and/or Imported|
Ask a question
If you would like to share feedback with us about pricing, delivery or other customer service issues, please contact customer service directly.
Walmart does not sponsor, recommend or endorse any third party product or service, or any customer ideas or advice.
Questions will be checked against our question guidelines and posted within five to seven business days.
- Yes, my ten year old son took it to Florida and used it daily. Had trouble changing the line so make sure he knows how to do it before you go. Also air out the case before packing it, has a strong odor to the plastic.by xtmskid4/5/2013Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- Not if the ten year old has no fishing experience. The line can hang up inside the reel when casting making quite a mess for the adult helping out. This kit is not for beginners.by Barney443/5/2013Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?