Check out these related products
- $12.13 List price $19.98Save $7.85
- $5.99 List price $7.98Save $1.99
- from $11.23
- from $11.23
- $19.98 List price $28.98Save $9.00
- $5.98 List price $7.95Save $1.97
- $10.60 Was $11.48Save $0.88
- $5.99 List price $6.99Save $1.00
- $5.98 List price $7.98Save $2.00
D.W. Griffith: Years Of Discovery: 1909-1913 (Full Frame)
Consider these popular products
- $7.74 List price $14.98Save $7.24
- $9.30 List price $14.98Save $5.68
- $8.04 List price $17.94Save $9.90
- $11.39 List price $14.99Save $3.60
- $10.00 List price $19.82Save $9.82
- $8.99 List price $14.98Save $5.99
- $11.75 List price $19.98Save $8.23
- $11.79 List price $27.92Save $16.13
- $9.96 List price $20.09Save $10.13
- $10.68 List price $14.99Save $4.31
About this item
About this item
Important Made in USA Origin Disclaimer: For certain items sold by Walmart on Walmart.com, the displayed country of origin information may not be accurate or consistent with manufacturer information. For updated, accurate country of origin data, it is recommended that you rely on product packaging or manufacturer information.
In the span of five years, pioneering director D.W. Griffith delivered some 450 films for the Biograph Company at a rate of two or three films per week. One and two reels in length, these works showed the filmmaker inventing, borrowing, and perfecting techniques he later used to memorable effect in "The Birth of a Nation", "Intolerance", "Way Down East" and "Orphans of the Storm". But the Biographs were more than that; they helped shape cinematic narrative for generations to come. Plots are simple and direct, revealing an extraordinary dramatic talent of brilliant force, and Griffith assembled the foremost film ensemble of his day, including Lillian and Dorothy Gish, Mary Pickford, Mack Sennett, Lionel Barrymore, Henry Walthall, and Mae Marsh. Among the 22 titles included on this landmark release are such widely recognized masterworks as "The Musketeers of Pig Alley", "The Battle at Elderbush Gulch", "The New York Hat", and "A Corner in Wheat". Collectively, these compact and exciting shorts provide an unparalleled record of American life at the turn of the 20th century.
Optional audio commentary by film historian Russell Merritt, professor, University of California, Berkeley.
|Aspect Ratio:||Full Frame|
|Actors:||Harry Carey, Dorothy Gish, Lionel Barrymore, Lillian Gish, Mack Sennett, Mary Pickford|
|Studio & Production Company:||Team Marketing|
|Digital Video Formats:||DVD|
|Assembled Product Dimensions (L x W x H):||0.50 x 5.50 x 7.44 IN|
Ask a question
If you would like to share feedback with us about pricing, delivery or other customer service issues, please contact customer service directly.
Questions will be checked against our question guidelines and posted within five to seven business days.