Check out these related products
- $24.59 List price $29.95Save $5.36
- $22.18 List price $27.95Save $5.77
- $22.11 List price $27.99Save $5.88
- $17.74 List price $27.99Save $10.25
- $19.64 List price $25.00Save $5.36
- $24.04 List price $29.95Save $5.91
- $21.14 List price $26.00Save $4.86
- $28.02 List price $29.95Save $1.93
- $20.09 List price $29.95Save $9.86
- $23.54 List price $26.95Save $3.41
- $37.33 List price $39.99Save $2.66
- $17.01 List price $19.99Save $2.98
- $21.75 List price $27.99Save $6.24
- $16.88 List price $19.99Save $3.11
- $24.61 List price $34.99Save $10.38
Crazy for the Storm: A Memoir of Survival
Consider these popular products
- $9.52 List price $16.00Save $6.48
- $15.00 List price $25.00Save $10.00
- $12.20 Was $17.79Save $5.59
- $7.26 Was $12.07Save $4.81
- $11.16 List price $16.00Save $4.84
- $15.47 List price $25.99Save $10.52
- $8.48 List price $12.99Save $4.51
- $10.89 List price $16.00Save $5.11
- $12.35 List price $15.99Save $3.64
- $8.91 Was $9.99Save $1.08
About this item
About this item
Important Made in USA Origin Disclaimer: For certain items sold by Walmart on Walmart.com, the displayed country of origin information may not be accurate or consistent with manufacturer information. For updated, accurate country of origin data, it is recommended that you rely on product packaging or manufacturer information.
Compact Disc, HarperAudio, 2009, ISBN13 9780061774454, ISBN10 0061774456
From the age of three, Norman Ollestad was thrust into the world of surfing and competitive downhill skiing by the intense, charismatic father he both idolized and resented. Yet it was these exhilarating tests of skill that prepared "Boy Wonder," as his father called him, to become a fearless champion--and ultimately saved his life.
Flying to a ski championship ceremony in February 1979, the chartered Cessna carrying Norman, his father, his father's girlfriend, and the pilot crashed into the San Gabriel Mountains and was suspended at 8,200 feet, engulfed in a blizzard. Norman's father was dead, and the devastated eleven-year-old had to descend the treacherous, icy mountain alone.
Set amid the spontaneous, uninhibited surf culture of Malibu and Mexico in the late 1970s, this riveting memoir recalls Ollestad's childhood and the magnetic man whose determination and love infuriated and inspired him--and also taught him to overcome the indomitable. As it illuminates the complicated bond between an extraordinary father and his son, Ollestad's powerful and unforgettable true story offers remarkable insight for us all.
|Number in Series:||1|
|Book Format:||Audio CD|
|Publication Date:||June, 2009|
|Digital Video Formats:||CD/Spoken Word|
|Assembled Product Dimensions (L x W x H):||5.25 x 6.00 x 0.75 Inches|
Ask a question
If you would like to share feedback with us about pricing, delivery or other customer service issues, please contact customer service directly.
Questions will be checked against our question guidelines and posted within five to seven business days.