Civilization V: Sid Meier (PC)
Similar items available online
- $46.82 List price $49.99Save $3.17
About this item
About this item
Important Made in USA Origin Disclaimer: For certain items sold by Walmart on Walmart.com, the displayed country of origin information may not be accurate or consistent with manufacturer information. For updated, accurate country of origin data, it is recommended that you rely on product packaging or manufacturer information.
Sid Meier's Civilization V is the fifth offering in the multi-award winning Civilization strategy game series featuring the famous "just one more turn" addictive gameplay that has made it one of the greatest game series of all time. In Civilization V, players strive to become Ruler of the World by establishing and leading a civilization from the dawn of man into the space age, waging war, conducting diplomacy, discovering new technologies, going head-to-head with some of history's greatest leaders and building the most powerful empire the world has ever known.
- Believable World: More than just a strategy game - the expanded visuals and immersive audio invite would-be kings to take up the reigns of power and forge a mighty empire. Civilization V offers a limitless variety of vast, realistic and diverse landscapes for players to explore, battle over and claim as their own.
- Inviting Presentation: An intuitive interface eases both new players and Civ veterans into the game. Guided by a set of trusted advisors who will explain game functionality and provide counsel for significant decisions, even first-time players will be confident in the choices they make. Huge Battles: Combat is more exciting and engaging than ever before. Wars between empires feel massive with armies spreading across the landscape. The addition of ranged bombardment allows players to fire weapons from behind the front lines, challenging players to develop clever new strategies to guarantee victory on the battlefield.
- Live History: Write your own epic story each time you play! Choose one of eighteen historical civilizations to lead from the stone-age to the space age on your quest to build the world's most powerful empire.
- Improved Diplomacy: Negotiate with some of history's most cunning rulers, each with a well-crafted plan for victory. Successful diplomacy will depend on players carefully managing relationships with other leaders, trading items and land, plying them with gold, and deciding if they are friend or foe. City States will present a new diplomatic battleground on which the major powers of the world will vie for supremacy.
- ESRB Rating: EVERYONE 10+ with Mild Language, Drug Reference, and Mild Violence
|Is Downloadable Content Available:||Y|
|System Requirements:|| Required: |
OS: Windows 7, XP: Service Pack 3
CPU: Intel Pentium Dual-Core
Memory: 256 MB
Disk Space: 8 GB
Graphics: Video card memory : 256 MB, ATI HD 2000 series, nVidia GeForce 7 series
Direct X: 9.0c
OS: Vista: Service Pack 2, Windows 7
CPU: Clock speed (GHz), Primary (Intel): 1.8 GHz or higher, Intel Core 2 Quad or higher
Memory: 4 GB
Graphics: Video card memory : 512 MB or higher, ATI HD 4000 series or higher, nVidia GeForce 9 series or higher
Direct X: 11.0 or higher
|Genre:||Strategy & Role-Playing|
|Primary Shelf ID:||1040579|
|Required Peripherals:||Keyboard , Mouse / Track Ball|
|Is Online Multiplayer Available:||Y|
|Video Game Platform:||PC , PC Gaming|
|Manufacturer Part Number:||31817|
|Subgenre:||Turn Based Strategy|
|Assembled Product Dimensions (L x W x H):||7.50 x 5.00 x 0.50 Inches|
Ask a question
If you would like to share feedback with us about pricing, delivery or other customer service issues, please contact customer service directly.
Questions will be checked against our question guidelines and posted within five to seven business days.
- you can play against the computer anytime. did you find the screen small and 1/4 the size of your monitorby speden5/17/2012Was this answer helpful? (1) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- You can just play against the PC, that's what I do. However you need to install Steam and activate it via the internet.by Zhaadum12/19/2010Was this answer helpful? (1) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- If you like, you can play against the PC only. The only internet aspect that is required (if you bought the hard copy in the store) is that you verify your copy online. After that, you're not required to use internet at all.by GTAlum086/2/2015Was this answer helpful? (4) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- You can play either way.by Crazybeard10/7/2010Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- yes you can play both waysby ILoveToGame9/28/2010Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- you do not have to play online - you can play against the computer. however, there is a one-time verification with Steam before you play the first time.by Alodar10/26/2014Was this answer helpful? (0) (1)Was this answer helpful?
- From what I have seen and read in media and on the net yes you can play internet, computer, and home network.by ShadowWolfstar9/14/2010Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- you should be able to play both. that is how the last one was and is how this one is as far as i have seen.by sireragon12/19/2010Was this answer helpful? (3) (1)Was this answer helpful?
- It says on the box, but you'll need a decent internet connection as well. It makes you download a 5 gig file to even start to playby someguy201112/18/2011Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- It ran on my laptop. The video interface is a bit of trial and error.by Kzoo4411/23/2010Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- From the DX11 to some laptops at least this one will allow multi installsby ShadowWolfstar9/14/2010Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- Minimum System Requirements: Operating System: Windows® XP SP3/ Windows® Vista SP2/ Windows® 7 Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo 1.8 GHz or AMD Athlon X2 64 2.0 GHz Memory: 2GB RAM Hard Disk Space: 8 GB Free DVD-ROM Drive: Required for disc-based installation Video: 256 MB ATI HD2600 XT or better, 256 MB nVidia 7900 GS or better, or Core i3 or better integrated graphics Sound: DirectX 9.0c-compatible sound card DirectX®: DirectX® version 9.0c Recommended System Requirements: Operating System: Windows® Vista SP2/ Windows® 7 Processor: 1.8 GHz Quad Core CPU Memory: 4 GB RAM Hard Disk Space: 8 GB Free DVD-ROM Drive: Required for disc-based installation Video: 512 MB ATI 4800 series or better, 512 MB nVidia 9800 series or better Sound: DirectX 9.0c-compatible sound card DirectX®: DirectX® version 11by OldGnome5/26/2015Was this answer helpful? (9) (1)Was this answer helpful?
- Through steam. It will automatically update.by marvin4212/13/2014Was this answer helpful? (1) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- when you recieve game it will be on the inside you will get a code and instructions all included how to redeem itby ILoveToGame12/13/2014Was this answer helpful? (1) (1)Was this answer helpful?