About this item
When fifteen-year-old Clary Fray heads out to the Pandemonium Club in New York City, she hardly expects to witness a murdermuch less a murder committed by three teenagers covered with strange tattoos and brandishing bizarre weapons. Then the body disappears into thin air. Its hard to call the police when the murderers are invisible to everyone else and when there is nothingnot even a smear of bloodto show that a boy has died.
Or was he a boy?
This is Clarys first meeting with the Shadowhunters, warriors dedicated to ridding the earth of demons. Its also her first encounter with Jace, a Shadowhunter who looks a little like an angel and acts a lot like a jerk. Within twenty-four hours Clary is pulled into Jaces world with a vengeance, when her mother disappears and Clary herself is attacked by a demon. But why would demons be interested in ordinary mundanes like Clary and her mother? And how did Clary suddenly get the Sight? The Shadowhunters would like to know...
Exotic and gritty, exhilarating and utterly gripping, Cassandra Clares ferociously entertaining fantasy takes readers on a wild ride that they will never want to end.
|Publisher:||McElderry Books, Margaret K.|
|Publish Date:||Feb 19, 2008|
|Number of Pages:||512|
|Shipping Weight (in pounds):||0.95|
|Product in Inches (L x W x H):||8.3 x 5.5 x 1.5|
Ask a question
If you would like to share feedback with us about pricing, delivery or other customer service issues, please contact customer service directly.
Walmart does not sponsor, recommend or endorse any third party product or service, or any customer ideas or advice.
Questions will be checked against our question guidelines and posted within five to seven business days.
- yes there is a love story in this book .. and if u read the other books in the series theres more love storys with the charactersby tanyav9/27/2012Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- Yes, there is an attraction between Clary and Jace and they do have chemistry, but it does not work out for reasons I am not going to tell you. You'll have to read the book to find out.by JLCAppleValley3/19/2012Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- Yes. There is a love story in this series.by JMak16711/30/2010Was this answer helpful? (1) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- Its more like a love hate story because there is love involved but you dont learn more till later onby Godson161911/21/2010Was this answer helpful? (1) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- This is one of those series written for young adults so the situations and language are appropriate for teens. I found this story line to be a little far out there for my taste, but I passed it on to a friend at work and she loved it. There is a love interest (or two)for the main female character but chaste.by GinaB5910/21/2010Was this answer helpful? (1) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- Yes there is a love interest in this book. I wouldnt say that if you like twilight then you will like this one. This by no means is a filler for twilight. There is a love story between the main character and two other boys and between her mom and a guy.by ryusmama5/12/2010Was this answer helpful? (1) (0)Was this answer helpful?