Charleston Loft Bed with Desk, Navy and Natural
About this item
About this item
Important Made in USA Origin Disclaimer: For certain items sold by Walmart on Walmart.com, the displayed country of origin information may not be accurate or consistent with manufacturer information. For updated, accurate country of origin data, it is recommended that you rely on product packaging or manufacturer information.
The Charleston Loft Bed with Desk is ideal for smaller rooms. This loft bed provides a versatile place for work, play and sleep, and has a concealed desk that rolls out to provide ample workspace. It features a sturdy, two-step steel ladder, three spacious drawers and open shelves for extra storage and an enclosed sleep area with heavy-duty steel safety rails. The loft bed is ready to assemble and includes all the tools necessary for assembly.
Charleston Loft Bed with Desk, Navy and Natural:
- Ideal for smaller rooms
- Loft bed provides a versatile place for work, play and sleep
- Concealed desk rolls out to provide ample workspace
- Enclosed sleep area
- 3 spacious drawers and open shelves for extra storage
- Sturdy, 2-step steel ladder
- Heavy-duty steel safety rails
- Material is MDF composite wood with melamine covering
- Integrated steel mattress support system
- Fits standard twin-size mattress, not included
- Arrives in 3 boxes
- Ready to assemble and includes all tools necessary
- Model# 4031BN
- Model# 4032BN
- Model# 4033BN
- Twin side bed: 78.8"W x 50.2"D x 50"H
- Mattresses sold separately. See our assortment of mattresses.
|Shipping Weight (in pounds):||129.5|
Ask a question
If you would like to share feedback with us about pricing, delivery or other customer service issues, please contact customer service directly.
Walmart does not sponsor, recommend or endorse any third party product or service, or any customer ideas or advice.
Questions will be checked against our question guidelines and posted within five to seven business days.
- We bought this in 2010, when our daughter was around 6...she is now 11.5 years old and about 59" tall and 95lbs. We had disassembled it once to move in 2012. We kept top and bottom parts semi attached during the move. It has held up well and is heavy and durable. My only issue is the top side where it is bolted to hold front piece to the main side bottom panel on the drawers side...since that move, the mdf where screws attach to has stripped inside, causing the two maon pieces to widen. It can be secured with a new clamp or bolt that screws to both pieces but we never did it and it still holds her weight and movement up and down ladder and my weight cleaning her bedding. Great investment. We will be moving again next year and plan on buying her a new teen loft and study bed we found in Ikea made of solid wood. Although this was mdf, it is a great solid structure. Just don't move it once it has been placed in the room. And if you move hones, I suggest compketely disassembling the bed to prevent the mdf "holes" for the main bed screws that hold it together from stripping the wood. Wish they had used steel insert or something like you use on drywall to keep the mdf from grinding away.by jemmuzik10/11/2015Was this answer helpful? (0) (3)Was this answer helpful?
- Yes, it is. I thought it would be great for a college dorm, etc. My son has had this since he was 5. It just depends on how well it is taken care of. The desk seemed unnecessary for my 5yo so we left it off and he uses the space for toy storage and a play cave.by MAC9210/6/2015Was this answer helpful? (5) (2)Was this answer helpful?
- This bed requires a twin size mattress, so I think that would be perfect for a 10 to 12 yr old. And the design of the bed and navy/natural color scheme doesn't appear juvenile at all.by hudsons310/9/2015Was this answer helpful? (3) (1)Was this answer helpful?
- Yes, it is a twin size bed that your kid should fit in through teenage years.by xmom1011x11/6/2015Was this answer helpful? (4) (2)Was this answer helpful?
- I think it is more appropriate for a younger child 5-8 y.o. especially because of the size of the desk.by Dan23111/6/2015Was this answer helpful? (8) (3)Was this answer helpful?
- yes its optional only thing u have to so it buy a bolt long enough with nut and washerby djkermy287/18/2015Was this answer helpful? (1) (1)Was this answer helpful?
- I don't think this would be possible.by momofwildthings9/12/2015Was this answer helpful? (1) (1)Was this answer helpful?
- The railing is optional. Just don't fall off the bed.by Rocknrollcb1238/19/2015Was this answer helpful? (1) (1)Was this answer helpful?
- The railing looks as if you can leave out, but there will be exposed holes where the screws belong. It isnt attached to the ladder just sits on top of it at end and will require some type of nut/ cover to the screw to mount the ladder.. it has a screw to come under the bracket of the lader to the base board but will screw into the rail, if you remove the rail you will have to screw into sum type of support(washer/nut). hope this is helpful.by Lookin4GoodQuality10/5/2015Was this answer helpful? (3) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- The top side (left of bed) and part of the back along the shelving side are both open. I have crawled under with my 7 yr old and read to her inside. It fits our 5 and 7 yr old easily side by side. Our 7 yr old is about 4 feet tall. We have pillows up against the back and all around and soft minkys on top of our carpet to make them comfy and have a place to play.by jemmuzik8/24/2015Was this answer helpful? (9) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- under the bed there is a L shape room from the beginning of the desk and behind the dresser 3 feet standin room behind dresser wished i knew was lot room under it i could hidden xmas gifts under itby djkermy2811/30/2015Was this answer helpful? (5) (1)Was this answer helpful?
- solid in the back and side but open on the front and 1 side.by momofwildthings10/5/2015Was this answer helpful? (2) (1)Was this answer helpful?
- it's solid in the backby lovingthekids8/19/2015Was this answer helpful? (3) (0)Was this answer helpful?