About this item
Animal feeding tests using Association of American Feeding Control Officials (AAFCO) procedures substantiate that Purina Cat Chow Complete Cat Food provides complete and balanced nutrition for all life stages of cats. Purina has dedicated over 80 years to developing high-quality products that satisfy the needs of dogs and cats. To find out how they can help you provide a long, healthy life for your pet, go to Purina.com.
Purina Cat Chow, Dry Cat Food, Complete, 16 lb Bag:
Poultry By-Product Meal, Corn Meal, Corn Gluten Meal, Ground Whole Wheat, Brewers Rice Soy Flour, Animal Fat Preserved With Mixed-Tocopherols (Form Of Vitamin E), Fish Meal, Brewers Dried Yeast, Phosphoric Acid, Animal Digest, Calcium Carbonate, Salt, Tetrasodium Pyrophosphate, Potassium Chloride, Choline Chloride, Taurine, Zinc Sulfate, Vitamin E Supplement, Ferrous Sulfate, Added Color (Red 40), Niacin, Manganese Sulfate, Vitamin A Supplement, Calcium Pantothenate, Thiamine Mononitrate, Copper Sulfate, Riboflavin Supplement, Vitamin B-12 Supplement, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Folic Acid, Vitamin D-3 Supplement, Calcium Iodate, Biotin, Menadione Sodium Bisulfite Complex (Source Of Vitamin K Activity), Sodium Selenite.
|Shipping Weight (in pounds):||16.0|
|Product in Inches (L x W x H):||3.75 x 16.0 x 24.0|
|Assembled in Country of Origin:||USA|
|Origin of Components:||USA or Imported|
Ask a question
If you would like to share feedback with us about pricing, delivery or other customer service issues, please contact customer service directly.
Walmart does not sponsor, recommend or endorse any third party product or service, or any customer ideas or advice.
Questions will be checked against our question guidelines and posted within five to seven business days.
- For a kitten two months old, I would recommend purchasing Purina Kitten Chow. The food would be smaller bites. Purina complete would be great at the age of 6 months old.by KrazyKatLady333/30/2015Was this answer helpful? (1) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- Sixteen lbs. is going to last a kitten 3-5 months depending how often you feed. I would suggest getting an air-tight container to protect and preserve food quality.by DogLady8883/30/2015Was this answer helpful? (1) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- 4 Monthsby Walmartshopper2001312/11/2013Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- A pretty long time, but this is an adult catfood - a 2 month kitten should be eating a good quality kitten chow until it reaches 1 year of age.by charlybelle3/30/2015Was this answer helpful? (1) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- Two Months, at least.by JamesLM694/16/2013Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- In a nutshell, Check the Expiration Date on the bag prior to purchasing. Store the food in an airtight container or roll the bag up so no moisture gets in. How long can I expect the pet food I buy to last? Best if used by date First of all, before you buy a bag or can of pet food, check for a 'best if used by' date on the container. Higher-quality foods will have this, and the format should be easy to read. Most dry foods have a shelf life of one year, while canned products are usually good for two years from the date of manufacture. Make sure that the pet food you are buying is within its recommended use date. Do the types of preservatives used make a difference? Keep in mind that the type of preservative used may affect the shelf life. Natural preservatives (such as vitamin E) tend to break down more quickly than artificial preservatives (such as ethoxyquin, BHT, and BHA). Do not be surprised if the shelf life of products using natural preservatives is several months shorter than those using artificial preservatives. You may need to compensate for this by buying pet food in smaller packages or on a more frequent basis. How should pet food be stored? Remember that the major sources of damage to pet food are oxygen, heat, humidity, and light. Exposure to oxygen and heat leads to oxidation of the fat in foods. Oxidation is a chemical process that makes food taste rancid, depletes vitamins and other nutrients, and can eventually lead to serious disease. Proper storage should limit the exposure of the food to these environmental factors. Store foods at proper temperatures. Room temperature is ideal for both canned and dry foods, but neither should be stored above 90°F. Storing canned food at temperatures below 50°F for long periods of time may lead to some changes in appearance, texture, and palatability, but should not alter the nutritional value. Once canned food is opened, it should be covered with a tight-fitting lid, refrigerated, and used within 3 days. Avoid storing dry food in damp basements, bathrooms or laundry rooms, since moisture encourages the growth of mold. If possible, keep dry food in its original bag and place inside another clean, dry, container with a snug lid to keep out light, air, rodents, and insects.by KrazyKatLady333/30/2015Was this answer helpful? (1) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- You might want to contact Purina directly for an answer to your question, however, I only buy what I will use up in a month, or can seal in an air-tight container for longer term shelf life.by DogLady8882/7/2014Was this answer helpful? (1) (0)Was this answer helpful?