Customers also bought these products
- $9.99List price
Canon Black PowerShot SX160 IS 16MP 16x Optical Zoom Digital Camera
Consider these popular products
- from $116.47
- See details in cart
- See details in cart
- See details in cart
- $129.00List price
- $109.99List price
About this item
About this item
The Canon Black PowerShot SX160 IS Ultra Zoom Digital Camera with 16 Megapixels features a spectacular 16x optical zoom with 28mm wide-angle lens. The Optical Image Stabilizer of the PowerShot SX160 IS captures clear, vivid images whether your subject is up close or far away. And with the 16.0 megapixel sensor and Canon DIGIC 4 Image Processor, every detail is precisely rendered for truly impressive image quality. The Powershot SX160 IS also captures breathtaking 720p HD video in stereo sound with the press of a button. You can zoom while shooting your videos and view them easily later on your HDTV through the HDMI connector. Smart AUTO makes shooting stills and video easy because the PowerShot SX160 IS automatically selects the right settings from 32 predefined shooting situations. Shoot freely and naturally with the High Speed AF that dramatically increases focus speed.
Canon PowerShot SX160 IS Ultra Zoom Digital Camera:
- 16 Megapixel resolution for high-quality still images and videos
- Featuring Optical Image Stabilization, DIGIC 4 Image Processor, HD video, Smart AUTO and Intelligent IS
- 16x Optical Zoom with 28mm Wide-Angle lens
- Equivalent to a 28-448mm lens on an analog camera with TTL autofocus and manual focus
- 3" TFT LCD screen with image editing features
- Featuring Auto Rotate, Image Advance, Rotate, Favorites, My Category, Smart Shuffle, Group Playback, Manual Control and Scene modes
- Built-in flash with Auto, Flash On, Slow Synchro, Flash Off
- 1 SD/SDHC/SDXC memory card slot (memory card not included)
- 2 x AA batteries for up to 380 shots
- ISO Modes: Auto/80/100/200/400/800/1600
- File Formats Supported: JPEG, MOV
- 4.37" x 2.85" x 1.74"; 10.3 oz
Compatibility and Warranty:
- Compatible with PC or Mac
- 1-year limited manufacturer warranty
What's in the Box:
- Canon PowerShot SX160 IS Digital Camera (Black)
- 2 x AA Alkaline Batteries
- Wrist Strap WS-800
- USB Interface Cable IFC-400PCU
- Digital Camera Solution CD-ROM
|Type:||3" LCD display , 16 x zoom lens - 5 - 80 mm - f/3.5-5.9|
|Focal Length Equivalent To 35mm Camera:||28 - 448mm|
|Macro Focus Range:||0.4 in - 19.7 in|
|Flash Modes:||Fill-in mode, slow synchro, auto mode, flash OFF mode, red-eye reduction|
|Effective Flash Range:||1.6 ft - 10 ft ( wide lens ) 2 ft - 6.6 ft ( tele lens )|
|Features:||AF illuminator, flash +/- compensation|
|Self Timer Delay:||10 sec, 2 sec, 0 - 15 sec|
|Additional Features:||RGB primary color filter, sharpness control, digital image rotation, camera orientation detection, histogram display, AE lock, AF lock, FE lock, in-camera red-eye removal, cropping an image, resizing an image, saturation control, i-Contrast (Intelligent Contrast Correction) system, Scene Detection Technology, 720p HD movie recording, highlight point display, face detection, digital tele-converter, safety zoom, built-in help guide, Subject Detection technology, Eye-Fi Card Ready, Smart AUTO, Intelligent Image Stabilisation (IS)|
|Connector Type:||1 x USB 2.0 1 x composite video/audio output 1 x HDMI output|
|Software:||Drivers & Utilities, Canon PhotoStitch, Canon ImageBrowser EX|
|Shipping Weight (in pounds):||1.1|
|Product in Inches (L x W x H):||6.26 x 5.43 x 2.87|
Ask a question
If you would like to share feedback with us about pricing, delivery or other customer service issues, please contact customer service directly.
Walmart does not sponsor, recommend or endorse any third party product or service, or any customer ideas or advice.
Questions will be checked against our question guidelines and posted within five to seven business days.
- No, but the average amateur and many professionals would not need another zoom lens. The 16x optical zoom and 42x digital zoom should be enough for almost anyone. The advantage to this single zoom lens is that the camera can be used in a wide variety of situations including hiking and biking without the bulkiness associated with the professional's various zoom lenses. Besides, you would need a tripod for sure if you get beyond the 16x range.by TheIrishMountainBikester2/15/2014Was this answer helpful? (1) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- Noby Peeji12/15/2013Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- No, I don't think soby Fisher4612/16/2013Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- . It zooms 16x optical but does not give the option to add on.by mommabrii12/15/2013Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- No! Camera is fully self contained but zoom is quite good over wide range.by Camrbuf12/15/2013Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- I don't think so. No screw in capability for this special lens. But.check out my details review for taking great amateur photography. May you find the light of the world so that you won't stumble into the dark potholes of the world. ♡♥♡by An anonymous customer12/14/2013Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- Noby datarush12/13/2013Was this answer helpful? (1) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- Noby PiscoMatt9/3/2015Was this answer helpful? (3) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- I will answer this question again, this time with the correct information. Another asked the same question and I said no. But, yes, it is true that the camera does not itself have wifi, however you can install an Eye-Fi card in the place of the normal SD memory card, SDHC memory card, or SDXC memory card. This will give you wifi capability. The use of the Eye-Fi card may be prohibited in some areas since the transmissions of the card cannot be eliminated even if the card is put in the disable mode. Instructions on how to use this Eye-Fi card are included in the down loadable manual. It is probably better that you use the USB cable for your computer included with the camera and/or a purchase separately HDMI cable for the TV or AV cable for the TV. These last two cables should be purchased from Cannon using the information in the manual. Also, please note that the manual states that the camera will not support all Eye-Fi cards' functions. Plus, permission may be required to even have the Eye-Fi installed in the camera.by TheIrishMountainBikester1/2/2014Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- No. It connects to a computer via the included USB cord and has software on a DVD to transfer and manage pictures and video.by latency12/21/2013Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- No Wifi capability buit into the camera. USB cable connection only.by Homephotoguy12/14/2013Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- noby PiscoMatt12/10/2013Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- No wifi. You have to move to the next model level for that.by NickNamePain19/7/2013Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- No, it does not have wi-fi. If you use an eye-fi card, however, that card will have wi-fi built into it regardless, giving you the wi-fi capability needed.by MightyElRondo12/23/2013Was this answer helpful? (2) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- No.by Walmart314159Nickname8/20/2013Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- The camera has a expandable and retractable lens cover and the batteries included are just cheepo throw aways that will not last long in the camera. You should get rechargeable AA batteries and a good recharger.by TheIrishMountainBikester1/2/2014Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- Yes, the lens retracts and then the cover closes over the lens. The batteries that came with mine are Panasonic LR6 Industrial AA alkaline. They didn't last an hour before I got a low-battery alert. I put in Energizer rechargeable batteries and I've played with it 3 days (several hours of use) using the zoom and video and it's still going strong.by Gina6502012/24/2013Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- Two alkaline batteries are enclosed. It does have a built-in lens cover.by johnnyngai12/22/2013Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- The lens is covered and protected when the camera is turned off. The included batteries are alkaline, but you can purchase four Sanyo eneloop precharged rechargeable nmh batteries with a compatible 4 battery charger, on Amazon for about 19 bucks. Pre-charged nmh batteries hold their charge for over a year. Regular nmh batteries lose their charge when not used in a month or twoby latency12/21/2013Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- I believe that they are alkaline. Be sure to have spare AA batteries with you in the camera case because the batteries will pretty quickly run down if you use the motorized optical zoom frequently. Not many shots between the low battery warning and dead batteries. Whether you decide to use alkalines or rechargable batteries is your choice.by Homephotoguy12/14/2013Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- Well when the lens pop out from the camera it uncovered till you shut it off or till retract by itself. 2nd Question: NiMh is a better batteries giving longer power than regular batteries. You will find that battery drains faster in colder weather. May you find the light of the world so that you won't stumble into the dark potholes of the world. ♡♥♡by An anonymous customer12/14/2013Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- yesby Sharon0212/10/2013Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?