Call of Duty: World at War from Activision for the Sony PlayStation 2 completely changes the rules of engagement by redefining World War II gameplay. In this edition, players are thrust into the final, tension-filled battles against a new, ferocious enemy in the most dangerous and suspenseful action ever seen in a WWII title. Building on the Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare engine, this installment promises to immerse players in gritty, chaotic combat. You'll have to band together to survive harrowing and climactic battles that defined WWII and led to the demise of the Axis powers.
- The Pacific Theater: Fighting against a new enemy, the Imperial Japanese, the Americans must learn to deal with their more aggressive fighting techniques such as Banzai Charges, booby traps, and night assaults.
- New Weapons: Delivering the cinematic intensity and chaos that the franchise is known for, this game challenges players to harness the power of new weapons like the flamethrower - the weapon of choice for fighting in tight and confined spaces.
- Three Campaigns: Featuring 13 missions and three campaigns, fight as a member of the 2nd Marine Division in the Pacific, the 6th British Airborne on the banks of the Rhine, or the 80th Infantry in Bastogne.
- Engage in multiple mission types including infantry, infiltration, sniper, large scale assaults, night fighting, and tank assaults.
- Online multiplayer action includes vehicle combat with tanks and a host of improved in-game, statistical features.
- ESRB Rating: TEEN with Mild Language and Violence