As Seen on TV Butterfly Garden by Insect Lore
Customers also considered
Check out these related products
- Reduced Price$47.19 List price $63.49Save $16.30
- Reduced Price$80.59 List price $141.43Save $60.84
- Reduced Price$7.26 List price $9.94Save $2.68
- Reduced Price$13.97 List price $16.76Save $2.79
- Reduced Price$17.13 List price $39.98Save $22.85
- Reduced Price$15.14 List price $20.57Save $5.43
- Reduced Price$14.67 List price $19.98Save $5.31
- Reduced Price$18.63 List price $25.29Save $6.66
- $28.90 List price $37.70Save $8.80
- Reduced Price$16.51 List price $22.42Save $5.91
- Reduced Price$11.77 List price $16.04Save $4.27
About this item
About this item
Important Made in USA Origin Disclaimer: For certain items sold by Walmart on Walmart.com, the displayed country of origin information may not be accurate or consistent with manufacturer information. For updated, accurate country of origin data, it is recommended that you rely on product packaging or manufacturer information.
Let your kids learn about insects and appreciate nature with the As Seen on TV Butterfly Garden by Insect Lore. No actual catching is necessary; all you have to do is watch them grow and have fun with them. Kids can raise five Painted Lady butterflies while learning all about metamorphosis with this award-winning Butterfly Garden! They will see each caterpillar transition as it matures, changes into a chrysalis and finally emerges as a fully grown butterfly. After observing butterflies in this live butterfly garden, kids can experience the joy of releasing them out into the open. This kit is recommended for kids ages 4 and up.
As Seen on TV Butterfly Garden by Insect Lore:
- Garden includes colorful habitat
- A pre-paid mail-in certificate for 5 butterfly larvae with special food and c
- Three butterflies are guaranteed to be perfect specimens
- Please allow approximately 3 weeks for your larvae to develop
- During extremely hot or cold weather, delivery of live larvae may be delayed
- Available only in the Continental U.S. and Alaska
- Ages 4 & up
- Warning: contains small parts. Not for children under age 3
|Occasion:||Holidays , Easter , Christmas , Birthday , Spring|
|Gender:||Boys , Girls|
|Age Range:||5 to 7 Years Years , 3 to 4 Years Years|
|Brand:||As Seen on TV|
|Fabric Content:||100% NA|
|Reading Level:||Preschool , Grade School|
|Manufacturer Part Number:||1010|
|Assembled Product Dimensions (L x W x H):||12.00 x 12.00 x 3.00 Inches|
Ask a question
If you would like to share feedback with us about pricing, delivery or other customer service issues, please contact customer service directly.
Questions will be checked against our question guidelines and posted within five to seven business days.
- You can go online to the website to order them or order them through the mail. They came in the mail 3 days after I ordered them online.by HannahandAvasMom11/29/2015Was this answer helpful? (1) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- I ordered mine through the customer service number because I had to redeem 5 coupons (5 classes are doing this project). After the hold on our state was released (due to the heat), we received it in about 1 1/2 weeks. I was very pleased!by MrsHC11/29/2015Was this answer helpful? (1) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- Can you help me, where can.i find the number bc.my paper was not included.by Dontwasteyrmoney12/6/2015Was this answer helpful? (0) (4)Was this answer helpful?
- Inside the box was a card with a code. There is a website & I put the code on that website. Put in my address credit card # & chose regular mail. The price is $5 for 5 caterpillars. Then submit. I got them in 5 business days on regular mail. You can also mail the card but that takes a little longer. Do it online it's people friendly. Good luckby Mommy20136/11/2012Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- You submit an order online, it's been five weeks and I'm still waiting.... hopefully you get better results should you choose to purchase this productby GeoffB12/6/2015Was this answer helpful? (1) (2)Was this answer helpful?
- You go on insectlore.com and pay $5.00 shipping. It took about a week to get mine.by rlm1070611/7/2014Was this answer helpful? (1) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- you send the prepaid coupon with a check or money order for $5.00 and they come in the mailby An anonymous customer11/7/2014Was this answer helpful? (1) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- The post card allows you to specify when you want the larvae to arrive. You may choose A.S.A.P. and the larvae takes 1-2 weeks (They are shipped from CA). The larvae come in a sturdy, plastic cup--complete with air holes!. The food is already in the bottom the cup as the allows the larvae to grow into caterpillars.by TrainKid4111/7/2014Was this answer helpful? (2) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- There are 2 different ways to get the larvae. One is to complete the card provided and mail it in or you can do it on the internet which is what I did. The larvae came in a box and took about 2 weeks to come. It says they may take 3 weeks to come. The instructions are very clear on how to take care of them and what to expect. We are having alot of fun with it!by punkin36511/7/2014Was this answer helpful? (1) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- I don't know how long it takes for them to actually arrive but I was looking at the kit at my local walmart & it says it comes with a certificate you mail in requesting your larvae. I don't know if you looked online but this is $5 cheaper for the actual product & they wanted $9.99 for shipping, where you can mail in the certificate for free.by MaMaOf3BbS11/7/2014Was this answer helpful? (4) (0)Was this answer helpful?
Q. If I order this for Christmas time, can I order the larvae in Spring or Summer? Can you order more larvae later and reuse the kit
- You will need to save your coupon for the Spring. You can order the Larvae for the next time but at $16.00. That is why every year when I find a deal like this, I just buy the whole new kit for cheaper.by MEBID11/7/2014Was this answer helpful? (2) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- Yes! But if you order the caterpillars at Christmas time you won't be able to release the butterflies until late Spring and you would have to care for them until that time.by HannahandAvasMom8/13/2013Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- Yes, says you can keep and clean the habitat, and order more larvae later.by MOMMYYYY4/9/2013Was this answer helpful? (1) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- Not sure about when the orders can be made, it just states that orders ship weather permitting. You can reuse the kit if you buy more larvae and food which right now would run you about $15. It's on the website RibbitsGalore.comby GeoffB4/9/2013Was this answer helpful? (1) (1)Was this answer helpful?
- Yes, you can use your "free larvae certificate" whenever you want; there is a $5.00 shipping charge. You can order more caterpillars for $15 plsu shipping. All of the information is on insectlore.comby rlm1070610/13/2014Was this answer helpful? (2) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Just Kidding LOLby blahnoone12/1/2015Was this answer helpful? (0) (10)Was this answer helpful?
- If you live in an area where milkweed grows, you can go to the milkweed plants to look for the larva of monarch butterflies. These larva need to be fed milkweed leaves, though, so you have to be diligent about picking and feeding them. Monarch larvae eat a lot of leaves. These larva can be found late July - early September in PA. The larva are white/black/yellow striped... pic at this site... https://monarchchaser.wordpress.com/about-monarchs/by MumMumCentralPA4/13/2016Was this answer helpful? (0) (1)Was this answer helpful?
- They will honor your certificate in the Spring when you need to use it.by MEBID11/15/2013Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- www.insectlore.comby HannahandAvasMom8/13/2013Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- Ah, you must have bought one of the generic copies of the Butterfly Garden. The Original Butterfly Garden has been shipping caterpillars reliably for decades. I did this kit as a boy, and now find myself buying this for my young children and nephews. Your best bet would be to try InsectLore.com. They sell and ship caterpillars reliably and are one of the nicest companies that I have ever dealt with.by An anonymous customer10/13/2014Was this answer helpful? (2) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- www.insectlore.com/by ottermommy4/9/2013Was this answer helpful? (1) (0)Was this answer helpful?
Customers also viewed these products
- $13.14 Was $15.97Save $2.83