As ex-members of an elite military force called Dead Echo, Grayson Hunt and Ishi Sato are mercenaries on the run across the galaxy, until they are stranded on Stygia, where their main objective is to survive long enough in order to exact revenge on the one person responsible for their plight. In Anarchy multiplayer mode, teams of up to four players fight together to survive waves of blood-thirsty mutants while scoring Skillpoints in order to advance. In Echo mode, Bulletstorm tracks and compares players' scores through locations found in the campaign. Through the Skillshot system, Bulletstorm provides stylish, imaginative ways to perform spectacular kills with some of the most unique weapons ever seen, ranging from the Boneduster, a four-barreled shotgun that packs an incredible punch, to the Headhunter, a sniper rifle that allows player to guide the bullet as it reaches its target.
- Over-The-Top, Intense Action: Epic Games and People Can Fly deliver a truly unique and over the top gameplay experience.
- Unique "Skillshot" Gameplay: rewards players who "Kill with Skill."
- Upgrades System: enables players to pull off even bigger and better skillshots and earn further upgrades.
- Massive Boss Battles: People Can Fly bring their unique sense of scale to Bulletstorm with huge boss battles interspersing the intense action experience.
- ESRB Rating: MATURE with Blood and Gore, Strong Language, Sexual Themes, Partial Nudity, Use of Alcohol, and Intense Violence