About this item
With the Brother Serger Lay-in Thread Machine, you can give wings to your runway style dress making dreams. The serger machine has an array of stitches for decorative purposes as well as for plain stitching. It also provides over-lock stitches and is compatible with a wide variety of heavy and light fabrics. The serger sewing machine makes a useful accomplice for novices as well as experienced tailors. The portable sewing machine provides durable and stable performance at high speeds. It promotes easy threading feature and also comes with two CDs that will guide you through the first few days. The Brother Serger Lay-in Thread Machine offers a choice of two sewing surfaces namely free arm and flat bed. You can opt for 3 or 4-thread cut-and-sew stitches options. The Brother Serger machine comes with different settings that you can use for tackling different types of fabrics. Narrow and rolled edges are no problem for this compact but powerful machine.
It is also compatible with most commonly used sewing machine needles.
Brother Serger Lay-in Thread Machine
- Free arm/flat bed convertible sewing surface
- 3- or 4-thread cut and sew serger stitches
- F.A.S.T. (Fast and Simple Threading) lower looper threading system
- No tool required for narrow/rolled edge
- Differential fabric feed improves results on many fabrics
- Differential fabric feed adjustments outside the machine
- The Serger sewing machine uses home sewing machine needles
- Blind hem foot included
- The Brother Serger lay-in thread machine comes complete with an instructional video
- Brother Serger machine #1034D
|Multi Pack Indicator:||No|
|Shipping Weight (in pounds):||18.1|
|Product in Inches (L x W x H):||16.0 x 13.0 x 12.0|
|Assembled in Country of Origin:||Imported|
|Origin of Components:||Imported|
Ask a question
If you would like to share feedback with us about pricing, delivery or other customer service issues, please contact customer service directly.
Walmart does not sponsor, recommend or endorse any third party product or service, or any customer ideas or advice.
Questions will be checked against our question guidelines and posted within five to seven business days.
- Thank you for your question. A serger has knives that can cut the fabric edge off as you sew. The knives can be retracted should you need to do a stitch that doesn't require them.by BrotherProductExpert5/30/2015Was this answer helpful? (31) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- this will trim the fabric & it has a small catcher for scrapes when they are cut. Do like they say about leaving 9- 12 " of thread when you finish project. It helps get started on your next project. I almost always use the cutter, I was surprised. I haven't used pins on material because I've used flannel, fleece, denim but you have to be careful not to place them like you would sewing machine. It will dull the blades if it hits pins.by janscorvette5/26/2015Was this answer helpful? (14) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- It cuts the material only when you have cutter on..I like it because you don't have to keep cutter on. Love this machineby janscorvette5/26/2015Was this answer helpful? (13) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- This trims the fabric.by Californian5/26/2015Was this answer helpful? (10) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- Yes this machine does trim the fabric as u sew.by KYSewing5/26/2015Was this answer helpful? (6) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- It DOES trim the Fabric. :)by BumperPoolGirl3/9/2015Was this answer helpful? (6) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- Yes this serger has a built-in blade which can trim the fabric as you go along. There is a small catchment container to hold the trimmings as you sew.by Odonna25/26/2015Was this answer helpful? (9) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- Yes, this machine trims the fabric as it sews.by Sewinmamamn4/7/2015Was this answer helpful? (6) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- You can find any and every thing on Amazon, including the threads!by Msmoemoe3/9/2015Was this answer helpful? (3) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- I got mine from Jo-ann Fabric and Craft Store in my city. Maybe you can order them from the Jo-Ann Website.by 1Sewingenthusiast5/21/2015Was this answer helpful? (3) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- I buy mine from amazon or ebay pretty reasonableby 55442233/9/2015Was this answer helpful? (2) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- You can order thread on line at Joann.com if you don't have a Joann's near you. Make sure you order good thread, not the cheap stuff, it could cause problems. You can always use a regular spools on the serger but that might use a lot!by sadieandrosa3/23/2015Was this answer helpful? (4) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- JoAnns or Fabric Depot is where I get mine. I saw some at Walmart too.by NatureMama3/9/2015Was this answer helpful? (4) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- JoAnne's fabrics should carry them, order online.by YellowRoseToo3/9/2015Was this answer helpful? (3) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- This surger does take regular spools of thread so you don't have to use the larger spools... but if you do want them there are plenty of places onlineby craftypal4/7/2015Was this answer helpful? (9) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- Thank you for your question. The machine comes with colored guided paths for threading to help with the ease of threading. The machine also included an instructional video to help show you how the machine works and provide threading help as well.by BrotherProductExpert5/21/2015Was this answer helpful? (6) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- It takes some time. follow the instructions. If you got a DVD , make sure you look at it. I also bought a long needle threader. If you do have a problem beyond the help I recommended go on YOU TUBE. Put in How to thread a serger. This is a wonderful way to learn how. Also once you have your machine threaded, Do NOT unthread to change colors of thread. Tie the new color to the old, it works. Small tie, it does go threw the needle. Run threw until new color goes threw needle.:) Hope this helps.:)by BumperPoolGirl5/15/2015Was this answer helpful? (13) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- If it was purchased new it should have been already threaded. However, the box should an instructional DVD which shows a step by step guide on threading and the manual has a diagram which assist the user as well.by Odonna23/9/2015Was this answer helpful? (1) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- I also gave one to my d.inlaw. In the CD coming in the box a nice lady explain how to do it, My d in law and I saw the CD together. I confess I donr know nothing abour it, but my daug in law told me is very easy for herby Jeantofashion4/10/2015Was this answer helpful? (2) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- go online to any site concerning sergers,if you lost the mannuel,or contact the maker for another oneby gsq553/9/2015Was this answer helpful? (2) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- It is very easy to thread so have no fear.by mrsnobody3/9/2015Was this answer helpful? (4) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- There is a diagram on the machine and it labels each step 1, 2, 3 and is color coded, it comes threded in the box so you can see how its done. Make sure you have tweezers on hand when working with the lower threds.by Wegrzyn245/15/2015Was this answer helpful? (7) (0)Was this answer helpful?