Brother PE-500 Embroidery Machine with 70 Built-In Designs and 120 Built-In Frame Patterns
About this item
About this item
Important Made in USA Origin Disclaimer: For certain items sold by Walmart on Walmart.com, the displayed country of origin information may not be accurate or consistent with manufacturer information. For updated, accurate country of origin data, it is recommended that you rely on product packaging or manufacturer information.
Welcome to the world of truly affordable embroidery, with the exciting new PE-500 embroidery machine from Brother! The PE-500 comes with top-of-the-line features, typically found in more expensive machines, which help make embroidery fun and easy. Whether you are a sewer interested in trying your hand at embroidery for the first time, a crafter looking for a new challenge or an advanced embroiderer looking for a unit to carry to a make and take, the PE-500 is probably perfect for you! Use it to recycle clothing by adding new, fashionable embellishments! Turn everyday pillows and blankets into customized gifts for friends and family. With the PE-500 the options are virtually limitless. Though lightweight, the PE-500 is a workhorse capable of embroidering everything from delicate materials, like silk, to sturdier fabrics, like denim.
Brother PE-500 Embroidery Machine:
- 4" x 4" embroidery area
- Wide range of built-in designs
- 70 built-in designs, including floral and applique designs
- 120 built-in frame patterns
- 5 built-in font styles for lettering and monogramming
- Easy-to-use, easy-to-see backlit LCD touch screen display
- Use the intuitive touch screen to access and edit built in designs, view machine tutorials and more
- Easy threading:
- Numbered diagram on the machine showing the thread path
- Automatic needle threader; thread the needle with the press of a button
- No magnifying glass or tweezers required
- Bobbin-winding system prepares bobbins quickly
- Jam resistant drop-in top bobbin makes threading easy
- Computer connectivity:
- Use included cable to import designs from your computer
- Import designs from the exclusive Brother embroidery design download site; ibroidery.com
- Computer connectivity is important for keeping your machine up to date
- Allows you to download machine updates from brother-usa.com, keeping your machine like new
- iBroidery.com compatible
- Access to ibroidery.com; purchase from over 5,000 designs, available for individual purchase
- Built-in embroidery card slot enables use of optional Brother embroidery design cards, available for separate purchase.
- Wide range of accessories, including embroidery starter kit
- 25-year limited warranty
|Multi Pack Indicator:||No|
|Battery Type:||Does Not Contain a Battery|
|Shipping Weight (in pounds):||22.4|
|Product in Inches (L x W x H):||20.25 x 15.0 x 15.12|
Ask a question
If you would like to share feedback with us about pricing, delivery or other customer service issues, please contact customer service directly.
Walmart does not sponsor, recommend or endorse any third party product or service, or any customer ideas or advice.
Questions will be checked against our question guidelines and posted within five to seven business days.
Q. On the PE-500 , Is the 4 x 4 embroidery area the only size you can use with this machine?
- The Brother PE500 comes with the 4" x 4" embroidery hoop. There are three sizes available from Brother. SA434 Brother, Large Hoop, 6 ¾" x 4" SA432 Brother, Medium Hoop, 4" x 4" (included with machine) SA431 Brother, Small Hoop, 1" x 2.5"by Monica9/11/2015Was this answer helpful? (1) (1)Was this answer helpful?
- Yes...4X4 hoop onlyby An anonymous customer8/28/2015Was this answer helpful? (6) (1)Was this answer helpful?
- 4" x 4" is the largest area you can use, but smaller is ok.by psalink6/25/2015Was this answer helpful? (3) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- The embroidery area is only 4X4. You can go larger with a bigger hoop, but you would have to purchase software that would allow you to break the design into 2 pieces...it's not easy to do....you have to align it just right...better off staying with just the 4x4 area.by ILRob7/29/2015Was this answer helpful? (6) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- According to the Brother website, you can buy a 4x6 hoop and use it with this machine.by maejo8/25/2015Was this answer helpful? (17) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- The maximum embroidery area for the PE500 is 4x4.by BrotherCustomerService8/21/2015Was this answer helpful? (15) (1)Was this answer helpful?
Q. It looks like this machine accepts Brother embroidery cards with additional designs. Is that right?
- Hi there Anonymous and serenity.....The Machine does use Brother brand Embroidery pattern cards you can purchse from the Brother site or at you local Sewing Machine and Notions store......these cards have tons of other patterns not found on your machine and they help keep your machine memory space under control...you can design your own if you have the software to do so and the USB cable comes with the PE500 for use when downloading patterns from your saved folders as well as the ibroidery site for the Brother machines exclusively....by luvs2sewalot9/22/2015Was this answer helpful? (13) (1)Was this answer helpful?
- Yes, it does...but it is far easier to just use the usb cableby An anonymous customer12/1/2014Was this answer helpful? (2) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- It has a card slot and you can download designs from the internet.by sewcrazy25/10/2015Was this answer helpful? (5) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- Yes, you can use Brother embroidery cards, or you can just download to the machine using your computer and the included USB cableby ILRob12/1/2014Was this answer helpful? (2) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- Yes, the PE500 does have a card reader, so you can use embroidery cards.by BrotherCustomerService4/12/2015Was this answer helpful? (8) (1)Was this answer helpful?
Q. Does the 500 need the PED-Basic embroidery/sewing software to download patterns from the internet?
- Yes...as long as they are the 4X4 sizeby An anonymous customer9/18/2015Was this answer helpful? (11) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- Nope...you just need any pes file....then upload the file directly to the machine with the included usb cord.by An anonymous customer8/28/2015Was this answer helpful? (9) (1)Was this answer helpful?
- As far as I know, any .pes will work, but the embroidery area is limited to 4" x 4".by psalink6/25/2015Was this answer helpful? (7) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- You do not need software to load patterns from the Brother website. As long as the patterns are in the PES format, they will workby NurseDJ6/25/2015Was this answer helpful? (5) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- No, you not need to have PED Basic to download designs to this machine. You do have to have a computer. You can download Disney designs at IBroidery.by ILRob6/25/2015Was this answer helpful? (10) (0)Was this answer helpful?