About this item
Welcome to the world of truly affordable embroidery, with the exciting new PE-500 embroidery machine from Brother! The PE-500 comes with top-of-the-line features, typically found in more expensive machines, which help make embroidery fun and easy. Whether you are a sewer interested in trying your hand at embroidery for the first time, a crafter looking for a new challenge or an advanced embroiderer looking for a unit to carry to a make and take, the PE-500 is probably perfect for you! Use it to recycle clothing by adding new, fashionable embellishments! Turn everyday pillows and blankets into customized gifts for friends and family. With the PE-500 the options are virtually limitless. Though lightweight, the PE-500 is a workhorse capable of embroidering everything from delicate materials, like silk, to sturdier fabrics, like denim.
Brother PE-500 Embroidery Machine:
- 4" x 4" embroidery area
- Wide range of built-in designs
- 70 built-in designs, including floral and applique designs
- 120 built-in frame patterns
- 5 built-in font styles for lettering and monogramming
- Easy-to-use, easy-to-see backlit LCD touch screen display
- Use the intuitive touch screen to access and edit built in designs, view machine tutorials and more
- Easy threading:
- Numbered diagram on the machine showing the thread path
- Automatic needle threader; thread the needle with the press of a button
- No magnifying glass or tweezers required
- Bobbin-winding system prepares bobbins quickly
- Jam resistant drop-in top bobbin makes threading easy
- Computer connectivity:
- Use included cable to import designs from your computer
- Import designs from the exclusive Brother embroidery design download site; ibroidery.com
- Computer connectivity is important for keeping your machine up to date
- Allows you to download machine updates from brother-usa.com, keeping your machine like new
- iBroidery.com compatible
- Access to ibroidery.com; purchase from over 5,000 designs, available for individual purchase
- Built-in embroidery card slot enables use of optional Brother embroidery design cards, available for separate purchase.
- Wide range of accessories, including embroidery starter kit
- 25-year limited warranty
|Multi Pack Indicator:||No|
|Battery Type:||Does Not Contain a Battery|
|Shipping Weight (in pounds):||22.4|
|Product in Inches (L x W x H):||20.25 x 15.0 x 15.12|
|Assembled in Country of Origin:||Imported|
|Origin of Components:||Imported|
Ask a question
If you would like to share feedback with us about pricing, delivery or other customer service issues, please contact customer service directly.
Walmart does not sponsor, recommend or endorse any third party product or service, or any customer ideas or advice.
Questions will be checked against our question guidelines and posted within five to seven business days.
- Hi Vegasgal47..... Yes....you can embroider more then one letter at a time....you will just have to go into where the layout/size window is....use your quick view guide to show where all this stuff is you then touch the downsize icon and it shrinks the letters to fit the whole area.......it takes a bit of practice to get it right but with one or two tries it was easy to figure out and You always remember how to make everything fit.....you then can save the pattern and click on the frame features button and select a frame for around the letters and you can check the Preview button to show that the frame will go around the selected initials or name....I have fit 6 and 7 letter names on the 4x4 frame size ....Hope this helps you.by luvs2sewalot5/27/2015Was this answer helpful? (11) (1)Was this answer helpful?
- You can definitely do a whole word, or multiple words...anything, as long as it fits in the hoopby An anonymous customer5/27/2015Was this answer helpful? (4) (1)Was this answer helpful?
- I just did the name Cindy which came out being 1 inch in height. I could of still taken it to a larger size, but I was just seeing what it does. I have also purchased the next size up hoop. I will then try to make a five letter name larger. When I first tried to use lettering on my machine, I found that I could not get to the size area. After I created an image (butterfly), I went back to the letters and I then was able to open up the size window.by Wendygirl15/27/2015Was this answer helpful? (2) (1)Was this answer helpful?
- I have done many projects with more than 1 letter at a time. Just choose your font and put in the word. If it is too long then you will have to "piece it together" as in the instruction book. Very simple to do. On the medium size cursive font, I did a 9 letter name without having to piece it together.by dasil73/11/2015Was this answer helpful? (12) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- Yes, you can embroider an entire word at a time without re-hooping as long as the design fits within the 4" hoop.by Starspangledgirl3/16/2015Was this answer helpful? (8) (0)Was this answer helpful?
Q. It looks like this machine accepts Brother embroidery cards with additional designs. Is that right?
- Hi there Anonymous and serenity.....The Machine does use Brother brand Embroidery pattern cards you can purchse from the Brother site or at you local Sewing Machine and Notions store......these cards have tons of other patterns not found on your machine and they help keep your machine memory space under control...you can design your own if you have the software to do so and the USB cable comes with the PE500 for use when downloading patterns from your saved folders as well as the ibroidery site for the Brother machines exclusively....by luvs2sewalot5/20/2015Was this answer helpful? (10) (1)Was this answer helpful?
- Yes, it does...but it is far easier to just use the usb cableby An anonymous customer12/1/2014Was this answer helpful? (2) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- It has a card slot and you can download designs from the internet.by sewcrazy25/10/2015Was this answer helpful? (5) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- Yes, you can use Brother embroidery cards, or you can just download to the machine using your computer and the included USB cableby ILRob12/1/2014Was this answer helpful? (2) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- Yes, the PE500 does have a card reader, so you can use embroidery cards.by BrotherCustomerService4/12/2015Was this answer helpful? (8) (1)Was this answer helpful?
- Yes...4X4 hoop onlyby An anonymous customer3/26/2015Was this answer helpful? (5) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- 4" x 4" is the largest area you can use, but smaller is ok.by psalink12/13/2014Was this answer helpful? (2) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- The embroidery area is only 4X4. You can go larger with a bigger hoop, but you would have to purchase software that would allow you to break the design into 2 pieces...it's not easy to do....you have to align it just right...better off staying with just the 4x4 area.by ILRob5/21/2015Was this answer helpful? (3) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- According to the Brother website, you can buy a 4x6 hoop and use it with this machine.by maejo3/16/2015Was this answer helpful? (15) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- The maximum embroidery area for the PE500 is 4x4.by BrotherCustomerService4/1/2015Was this answer helpful? (11) (0)Was this answer helpful?