About this item
This Brother Computerized Sewing and Embroidery Machine SE 400 can be connected to a computer, allowing you to enjoy future machine updates and easily import and digitize embroidery designs directly from your computer. The embroidery machine comes with seventy built-in embroidery designs and 5 monogramming fonts. Ninety-eight stitch functions in this Brother SE-400 machine let you blend your creativity with technology. This quickset sewing machine includes drop-in bobbin and an automated needle threader. Get the most out of this computerized sewing machine using the on-screen reference guide in sixteen languages. It even features an LCD panel. The Brother Computerized Sewing and Embroidery Machine SE 400 is designed to give your projects a customized, high-end look, and at the same time, is priced to fit your budget.
Brother SE-400 Sewing & Embroidery Machine:
- This combination sewing and embroidery machine includes 67 built-in stitches
- 98 stitch functions
- 70 built-in embroidery designs
- 5 monogramming fonts
- 120 frame pattern combinations
- On-screen reference guide for the sewing/embroidery machine in 16 languages
- Large 4" x 4" embroidery area
- The Brother sewing and embroidery machine has an easy-to-view LCD panel
- Quick-set, drop-in bobbin and automatic needle threader
|Multi Pack Indicator:||No|
|Shipping Weight (in pounds):||24.3|
|Product in Inches (L x W x H):||15.4 x 7.08 x 11.02|
|Assembled in Country of Origin:||USA or Imported|
|Origin of Components:||USA or Imported|
Ask a question
If you would like to share feedback with us about pricing, delivery or other customer service issues, please contact customer service directly.
Walmart does not sponsor, recommend or endorse any third party product or service, or any customer ideas or advice.
Questions will be checked against our question guidelines and posted within five to seven business days.
Q. Does this machine require any additional software or memory cards or is it ready to do both sewing and embroidery out of the box?
- The machine has built-in designs you can use, but to add more designs you need to connect it to a computer and put the design into the memory. You won't get a lot of designs in the memory so be sure they are ones you really want to work with. In order to keep a lot of designs handy without going back and forth to the computer you will need a card system to put designs onto the memory card. Brother PED Basic card writer will work, but I use a different system which is available on the Internet that works the best for me because it holds far more designs on their card. I also use a free editing program from the internet to re-design some of my designs and also have the Brother BES2 Lettering program to change some of the designs to have lettering on them. I make about 250-300 small items every year for homebound folks so I like to add variety to the projects. This is my second Brother embroidery/sewing machine and I plan on buying it for two of my nieces who want to learn how to sew. It is far more functional than a dedicated sewing only or embroidery only machine and a great value for the cost.by Anditoo5/25/2015Was this answer helpful? (4) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- It has built in stiches that you can use out of the box. If you want additional ones, you can download them from the internet or buy them. I think you can buy memory cards with designs also, but they are kind of pricey.by Lin435/26/2015Was this answer helpful? (8) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- Yes, out of the box. There are a limited number of embroidery designs that come with it.by jarhead665/24/2015Was this answer helpful? (2) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- Yes it does and very nice they are too. You can buy cards if what is built into the machine is not enough and you can go to the brother library or the internet download any design to your computer then transfer them to your machine. However use quality threads recommended by your color chart. Non branded threads bunch up under the shuttle and i have had to cut embroidery out. But with good threads marvelous!by windstar215/25/2015Was this answer helpful? (4) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- It comes with about 70 preloaded embroidery designs, and 5 different fonts for lettering. I took the machine out of the box, read the directions and set it up to embroider "right out of the box". Loved the ease of it!by imagramma535/25/2015Was this answer helpful? (7) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- You will need embroidery software to send embroidery to the machine from your computer. You may wish to purchase the brother embroidery cards but that can add up $$$ quickly. There are programs on the internet that range in price. I would start with PE BasicThat way, you can write your own cards if you don'at want to keep your computer or laptop next to the machine..by ClaudiaSews5/24/2015Was this answer helpful? (7) (5)Was this answer helpful?
- The SE400 is ready to sew & embroider right out of the box.by BrotherCustomerService5/24/2015Was this answer helpful? (5) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- I have an ACER 64 bit windows 7 and it does just fine.by IansGrandma12/7/2014Was this answer helpful? (3) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- Yes it is. The machine itself is compatible with any platform. The software needed to move the designs from the computer to the machine will be the place where compatibility issues could arise. Brother provides updated software patches very successfully at their international web site.by PixiesRule12/7/2014Was this answer helpful? (4) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- I have Windows 7, and have no problem with itby Lin4312/7/2014Was this answer helpful? (2) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- I have windows 7 and I can't get it to work.by MelodySS12/7/2014Was this answer helpful? (2) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- Yes, I have Windows 7.by jarhead6612/7/2014Was this answer helpful? (2) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- Yes. it's compatiable!by ladynlouisiana12/7/2014Was this answer helpful? (3) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- sure does, but u can also sew with an automatic feature--save on knee or foot pressure. from slowski to zipadeedodah fast either way.by IansGrandma2/20/2015Was this answer helpful? (7) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- Yes..by Ilovemyhusbandxoxo12/5/2014Was this answer helpful? (2) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- Yes, there is a foot peddle included. You can sew using either the button located on the front of the machine or by using the foot peddle.by Willowsmominpa12/17/2014Was this answer helpful? (5) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- Yes it does. I was curious about that when I purchased mine as well, but it does come with the foot pedal.by MrsJohnson201012/17/2014Was this answer helpful? (3) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- No, this machine uses a start/stop button above the needle shaft.by PixiesRule5/4/2015Was this answer helpful? (0) (5)Was this answer helpful?
- I bought mine yesterday and yes it had the foot peddle included in the package.by mollyboo212/17/2014Was this answer helpful? (5) (0)Was this answer helpful?