About this item
Gone are the days when a cold beer was the drink reserved for ballparks and frat parties. Today, microbreweries around the globe are proving that beer is every bit as complex and sophisticated as wine. Their creations range from delicate champagne beers to extreme strength concoctions that are more akin to whisky and port. With names as varied as their flavors -- try Death & Taxes, Knuckle Sandwich or Golden Monkey on for size--these elusive libations are changing the way the world views the humble brewski.
In Boutique Beer, bestselling author and renowned beer connoisseur Ben McFarland scours the globe to showcase 500 of the world's most exciting premium ales. From American craft brewers and ale-making European nations to the fresh new crop of brewers across Japan, Scandinavia and Australia, McFarland puts his extensive knowledge to work to offer the reader--
- An in-depth look at the ingredients and brewing process for each beer as well as an assessment of appearance, aroma, flavor and finish
- Advice on storage and ageing, ideal drinking temperature, and correct glassware
- Tips for selecting which beers to pair with different foods
- Listings of key breweries and places to visit for the best craft beer experience
- A detailed exploration of the various types of ales including barrel aged, barley wines, pilsners, lagers, and more
Discerning beer drinkers of all levels will find Boutique Beer to be an essential guide to the world's most distinctive ales as well as the people, personalities and the inspiration behind them.
|Publisher:||Barron's Educational Series, Incorporated|
|Publish Date:||Oct 01, 2013|
|Number of Pages:||224|
|Shipping Weight (in pounds):||2.65|
|Product in Inches (L x W x H):||8.5 x 11.0 x 1.0|
Be the first to review this item. Share your rating and review so that other customers can decide if this is the right item for them.
Ask a question
If you would like to share feedback with us about pricing, delivery or other customer service issues, please contact customer service directly.
Walmart does not sponsor, recommend or endorse any third party product or service, or any customer ideas or advice.
Questions will be checked against our question guidelines and posted within five to seven business days.