Customers also considered
About this item
About this item
As the first title in an all-new sci-fi action franchise, Borderlands combines the best elements of Gearbox Software's famed first-person action titles with player customization and vehicular combat to create an unprecedented gaming experience. Borderlands is an extraordinary cooperative experience, allowing for multiple players to share the same game experience simultaneously online. Players can freely join or leave each other's games at anytime, or choose to play in the full single-player mode. Borderlands features life-like character animations, impressive real-time physics, and customizable vehicles.
- FPS Action Meets RPG Character Progression: Players can choose from one of four distinct characters and earn experience and gain proficiency in a number of specialties as they do battle with enemies. Upgrades can be invested in a wide variety of special abilities, allowing players to create a fully customized character that is tailored to their playing style.
- Co-op Engineered Game Design: Borderlands is built from the ground-up to be an exciting and intuitive co-operative multiplayer experience that rewards players for investing in specific co-op skills.
- Radical New Art Style: Fresh and exciting new visual style combines traditional rendering techniques with hand-drawn textures to paint a unique and eye-catching spin on the First Person Shooter genre.
- Gun Lust: Choose from an arsenal of hundreds of thousands of weapons, each with their unique manufacturers, specifications and advantages. A revolutionary new content generation system produces almost infinite tools of destruction.
- Intense Vehicular Combat: Get behind the wheel of and engage in intense vehicle-to-vehicle combat, complete with extensive damage modeling and spectacular explosions.
- Next Big Original IP From Gearbox Software: Experience the action and creativity derived from the pedigree of one of gaming's most consistent and respected developers.
- ESRB Rating: MATURE with Blood and Gore, Mature Humor, Strong Language, and Intense Violence
|Genre:||Fighting & Shooting|
|Battery Type:||Does Not Contain a Battery|
|Shipping Weight (in pounds):||0.4|
|Product in Inches (L x W x H):||5.0 x 0.5 x 7.5|
Ask a question
If you would like to share feedback with us about pricing, delivery or other customer service issues, please contact customer service directly.
Walmart does not sponsor, recommend or endorse any third party product or service, or any customer ideas or advice.
Questions will be checked against our question guidelines and posted within five to seven business days.
- Maybe because some physics on it make your system overload and makes it unstable to run, or your system is overheating really fast. Have you ever tried having a fan pointing your PS3 if your PS3 gets really hot? Hope this answer helps a little. It may be a support issue or your disc is scratched so the PlayStation can't read it at some points so it locks up then freezes.by lovebowsandguns10/31/2010Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- This is mostly user error. Some games take more power for the system to run; if it gets too hot it shuts down. Just like in the previous answer clear all dust and debris from the vents with compressed air and do this bi-weekly or monthly. If the lock ups continue, either delete the system settings for the game (not save settings) and restart the game and re-download any dlc you have; or contact gearbox support.by kisuma10/11/2010Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- Well, this game may be like Fallout 3, in a sense that it takes up significantly what the PS3 can do. Sometimes extended periods of play do this. If you hear the PS3 making significant amounts of noise, try shifting it to a horizontal position. If that doesn't work try putting it on a vented stand (put it on a piece of wood with a fair amount of holes in it and stand it up on something above the ground, if you can't find a better stand, or you're just feeling thrifty), if that doesn't work, wait. Every so often, the PS3 needs to calculate something and may take longer than usual. If it takes more than 5 minutes, and no change, turn it off and leave it alone for about 2 hours. This should give the PS3 time to cool off and to be ready the next time you want to play. Also, just to be sure, check to see if the vent is blocked. Even if it isn't, get a can of compressed air and blow in the vent. This helps sometimes, as PS3 freezings can be caused by overheating too.by azarathian2105/20/2010Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- I have the game for both PS3 and Xbox 360 and no longer have this problem. I did have a session where my PS3 would freeze up while trying to load the online multiplayer. This problem was magically fixed with no update. I say try again because at least for me this problem is no longer relevant.by GamerInc10/27/2009Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?