Check out these related products
- $8.96 List price $15.95Save $6.99
- $12.25 Was $17.97Save $5.72
- $19.23 List price $25.00Save $5.77
- $20.48 List price $26.00Save $5.52
- $17.05 Was $18.00Save $0.95
- $12.29 List price $16.99Save $4.70
- $13.42 List price $14.95Save $1.53
- $11.80 List price $19.95Save $8.15
- $16.91 List price $19.95Save $3.04
- $19.84 List price $26.99Save $7.15
- $22.46 List price $24.95Save $2.49
- $21.24 List price $25.00Save $3.76
Big Data: A Revolution That Will Transform How We Live, Work, and Think
Consider these popular products
- $16.52 List price $19.99Save $3.47
- $12.26 List price $13.95Save $1.69
- $9.62 List price $16.95Save $7.33
- $15.73 List price $27.99Save $12.26
- $14.04 List price $25.00Save $10.96
- $11.48 List price $15.95Save $4.47
- $9.60 List price $16.00Save $6.40
- $232.95 List price $285.95Save $53.00
About this item
About this item
Important Made in USA Origin Disclaimer: For certain items sold by Walmart on Walmart.com, the displayed country of origin information may not be accurate or consistent with manufacturer information. For updated, accurate country of origin data, it is recommended that you rely on product packaging or manufacturer information.
Hardcover, Houghton Mifflin Harcourt, 2013, ISBN13 9780544002692, ISBN10 0544002695
A revelatory exploration of the hottest trend in technology and the dramatic impact it will have on the economy, science, and society at large.
Which paint color is most likely to tell you that a used car is in good shape? How can officials identify the most dangerous New York City manholes before they explode? And how did Google searches predict the spread of the H1N1 flu outbreak?
The key to answering these questions, and many more, is big data. "Big data" refers to our burgeoning ability to crunch vast collections of information, analyze it instantly, and draw sometimes profoundly surprising conclusions from it. This emerging science can translate myriad phenomena--from the price of airline tickets to the text of millions of books--into searchable form, and uses our increasing computing power to unearth epiphanies that we never could have seen before. A revolution on par with the Internet or perhaps even the printing press, big data will change the way we think about business, health, politics, education, and innovation in the years to come. It also poses fresh threats, from the inevitable end of privacy as we know it to the prospect of being penalized for things we haven't even done yet, based on big data's ability to predict our future behavior.
In this brilliantly clear, often surprising work, two leading experts explain what big data is, how it will change our lives, and what we can do to protect ourselves from its hazards. "Big Data "is the first big book about the next big thing.
|Number of Pages:||242|
|Author:||Mayer-Schonberger, Viktor , Cukier, Kenneth|
|Publisher:||Houghton Mifflin Harcourt|
|Publication Date:||March, 2013|
|Digital Video Formats:||Hardcover|
|Assembled Product Dimensions (L x W x H):||6.50 x 9.50 x 1.00 IN|
Ask a question
If you would like to share feedback with us about pricing, delivery or other customer service issues, please contact customer service directly.
Walmart does not sponsor, recommend or endorse any third party product or service, or any customer ideas or advice.
Questions will be checked against our question guidelines and posted within five to seven business days.