Bernat Softee Chunky Yarn
About this item
About this item
Important Made in USA Origin Disclaimer: For certain items sold by Walmart on Walmart.com, the displayed country of origin information may not be accurate or consistent with manufacturer information. For updated, accurate country of origin data, it is recommended that you rely on product packaging or manufacturer information.
Bernat Softee Chunky yarn is a super bulky weight yarn perfect for knit and crochet garments, accessories, and home decor projects. Available in a range of solid and multi-colored shades, from neutrals to brights, perfect for any project type. Works up quickly, with excellent stitch definition. Machine washable and dryable for easy care.
Bernat Softee Chunky Yarn:
- Great stitch definition
- Thick, Warm 3-Ply Yarn
- Content: 100% Acrylic
- Ball Size - Solids: 100g / 3.5 oz, 99 meters / 108 yards
- Ball Size - Ombres: 80g / 2.8 oz, 70 meters / 77 yards
- Care: Machine wash and dry
- Gauge: 6 - Super Bulky
- Knitting Gauge: 11 sts and 14 rows with a 8 mm (U.S. 11) knitting needle
- Crochet Gauge: 8 sc and 9 rows with a 8 mm (U.S. L/11) crochet hook
- Use for: Knit and crochet garments, accessories, home decor
|Multi Pack Indicator:||No|
|Battery Type:||Does Not Contain a Battery|
|Shipping Weight (in pounds):||0.219|
|Product in Inches (L x W x H):||8.25 x 3.5 x 3.5|
|Assembled in Country of Origin:||Imported|
|Origin of Components:||Imported|
Ask a question
If you would like to share feedback with us about pricing, delivery or other customer service issues, please contact customer service directly.
Walmart does not sponsor, recommend or endorse any third party product or service, or any customer ideas or advice.
Questions will be checked against our question guidelines and posted within five to seven business days.
- Hi, correction to my previous post. I checked again and the package does show it to be a #6. I am surprised, I guess because of the yardage... 108 yards on a #6 skein is very unusual. The package also recommends an M hook (9mms), but I used a J hook for edging and it worked just fine.by RobinO545410/18/2014Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- The label does show this as a five weight. The reason for the confusion is the nice loft in this yarn. You can work with a hook as small as an H (5mms) and it will lightly compact. I think this quality improves the stitch definition but still works up fast!by RobinO545410/18/2014Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- It is bulky but not like #6 Lion Home Town USA would be the yarn I would useby Looney73/16/2014Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- this is a 6 weight and works up, like all other 6'sby herbnbets1/8/2014Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- The package I just bought says weight #6.by Ru162111/26/2013Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- Yes, it is a 6. It is washable and perfect for the slippers that I am knitting. Knits up very quickly and easily.by formerfostermom10/14/2014Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
Q. The Bernat Softee chunky that you have on your website for sale is it the old or new version?
- Walmart uses a lot of 3rd party sellers and they are suppose to ship the newest yarn. I am trying to purchase Natural and it averages $2 more per skein and may also have to also pay shipping to your home and also to Walmart.by CapeCodGiftShop8/26/2014Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- this is the new version, hope that helpsby herbnbets1/9/2014Was this answer helpful? (1) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- This yarn has 108 yards per 3.5 oz. skein. The information on this product says that 7 single crochet and 8 rows should be 4 inches with a size "L" hook or size 11 8mm knitting needles. (The knit gauge is 11 stitches and 14 rows is = 4 inches) Are you knitting or crocheting? Look at the product details and figure from there. Does the afghan have any requirements for yardage or ozs? Check your pattern. Usually it gives how many ozs. or yards. Then you will know how many skeins to purchase. Also by changing the hook or needle size you can attain the proper gauge. By keeping to the gauge you will use the proper amount of yarn specified and not run out before completion.by OneCreativeMom10/29/2015Was this answer helpful? (1) (0)Was this answer helpful?