About this item
About this item
Important Made in USA Origin Disclaimer: For certain items sold by Walmart on Walmart.com, the displayed country of origin information may not be accurate or consistent with manufacturer information. For updated, accurate country of origin data, it is recommended that you rely on product packaging or manufacturer information.
The best in reading - now with the best Android apps, games, movies, music & more.
Barnes and Noble NOOK HD with WiFi 9" Touchscreen Tablet PC Featuring Android Operating System, Slate:
What's a Tablet PC?
Tablet PCs are compact, ultra-portable entertainment devices that let you read email, surf the internet, read eBooks, view photos, play games, listen to music and watch video files. Most tablets are based on a smaller operating system, which allows you to purchase and download additional applications from supported stores. Tablet PCs do not have a CD/DVD drive and will not run Microsoft Windows or its applications. Tablet PCs function as a secondary device for casual entertainment purposes, and are not meant to replace a computer. They are ideal for use around the home and on the go with WiFi or 3-4g mobile broadband connections (pay as you go, contract may be required for service).
|Gift By Recipient:||For Her , For Kids , For Him , For Teens|
|Battery Type:||Lithium Ion|
|Multi Pack Indicator:||No|
|Shipping Weight (in pounds):||2.0|
|Product in Inches (L x W x H):||9.5 x 6.4 x 0.45|
Ask a question
If you would like to share feedback with us about pricing, delivery or other customer service issues, please contact customer service directly.
Walmart does not sponsor, recommend or endorse any third party product or service, or any customer ideas or advice.
Questions will be checked against our question guidelines and posted within five to seven business days.
- Yes! You can with the recent software update you now have access to over 700'000 apps from the android/ google play store and now with an even better price tag from Walmart just make sure you check your device when it arrives if it applies here for the update during the initial setup after its connected to a preferably high speed Internet wifi connection! Thanks I hope this has been helpful in your choice!by computerdocter697/31/2013Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- as of a few weeks ago... yes not sure if it is available on all models of the Nook.by ITVeteran17/15/2013Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- As of today (5/3/13) you can - they will deliver the play store via an over the air update to all Nook HD and HD+'sby Nierd6/13/2013Was this answer helpful? (3) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- As of May 3, 2013, yes.by c0r1n5/3/2013Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- No. The Nook has an android operating system which is very limited by Barnes&Noble. The Nook is pretty much limited to apps sold by BN just for the Nook. You can however buy a commercially available micro sd card that will turn the Nook into a full android tablet and then you can access google apps. You could then also use the Nook to read Kindle books from Amazon. Out of the box Kindle and Nook are competitors so they don't like each others books.by stexasdave8/25/2013Was this answer helpful? (0) (2)Was this answer helpful?
- Currently, apps from the Google Play store are not accessible from NOOK devices. The NOOK App store has thousands of the most popular apps available for download, and new titles are being added every day.by An anonymous customer3/19/2013Written by a verified representative fromWas this answer helpful? (1) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- not if you use google play apps, just need to set up a gmail accountby cocoya12/17/2013Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- To download apps, you don't. To download books, you do but that's your Barnes and Noble account. They don't charge your card for free books; only for those that have a price. I'm not sure why they want your info for free books. It's never made sense to me. If you upgrade it to the latest software version then you have the Google Play store and it works just like on your phone. You go in and you download apps without entering credit card information unless they aren't free. :)by eatittwilight12/16/2013Was this answer helpful? (1) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- Not always,there are many free apps on google playby deadheadz12/16/2013Was this answer helpful? (1) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- NO. When you access the app store, the apps are categorized, Free apps, top 10 free apps, business apps, social apps. None of which asked for a card #. the only time i used my credit card was downloading a book.by LTUSNRET12/16/2013Was this answer helpful? (1) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- Only from the Nook store. Go to the google marketplace and download from there.by peckboysmom12/16/2013Was this answer helpful? (1) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- This was answered well by the NOOK Rep. To see all answers put "credit card" in the search block in the Questions and Answers.by nuismer12/16/2013Was this answer helpful? (1) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- no, you can turn it off or on like a phone or laptop.by cocoya12/16/2013Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- Yes and No. If you want to surf the web, or down load items, then YES you need to be on line. However once a book, movie or game is down loaded and saved on you Nook, NO you do not have to be on the web.by LTUSNRET11/21/2013Was this answer helpful? (1) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- For some idom you will need the wi-fi. But it will operate without wi-fi, for things that you have download on your nookhd.by otherFrankie10/31/2013Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- NOOK does not require connection to Wi-Fi in order to read books and magazines or view videos that are saved to your device, but you do need to connect to Wi-Fi in order to purchase/download new content from the NOOK or Google Play stores. There are some apps that require an internet connection in order to function, and streaming audio/video services such as Netflix and Pandora will also require a connection. One of the things that makes NOOK an ideal travel companion is that you can load up your device with as many books or magazines as you think you might need (and you can always utilize microSD cards if extra space is required, as may be the case with movies), and then all of your content is available right at your fingertips for the duration of your trip - no Wi-Fi required.by An anonymous customer10/28/2013Written by a verified representative fromWas this answer helpful? (1) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- Noby 05f15011/14/2013Was this answer helpful? (1) (0)Was this answer helpful?