Badger Basket Covered Convertible Cedar Sandbox with 2 Bench Seats
Customers also considered
- $122.31 Was $148.99Save $26.68
- Rollback$63.00 Was $69.99Save $6.99
- $76.04 Was $96.28Save $20.24
- $41.99 Was $49.99Save $8.00
- Rollback$92.80 Was $139.39Save $46.59
- Rollback$61.25 Was $89.98Save $28.73
- Rollback$32.82 Was $39.72Save $6.90
- Rollback$72.99 Was $99.00Save $26.01
- Rollback$199.97 Was $229.00Save $29.03
- Rollback$139.00 Was $159.00Save $20.00
About this item
About this item
Important Made in USA Origin Disclaimer: For certain items sold by Walmart on Walmart.com, the displayed country of origin information may not be accurate or consistent with manufacturer information. For updated, accurate country of origin data, it is recommended that you rely on product packaging or manufacturer information.
The Badger Basket Covered Convertible Cedar Sandbox with 2 Bench Seats includes benches that fold flat to cover and protect the sand when you're not using the play box. Its convenient hand grips make it easy to fold and unfold, so your children or other young people can operate it safely. This covered sandbox holds approximately 750 lbs of sand, and you can fill it up to 6" deep. Each bench can support up to 200 lbs. This cedar sandbox also has bottomless construction that helps with drainage. Water can seep into the ground, so less dirt stays in the play area. Made from heat-treated, stained cedar wood and rust-resistant hardware, the item will hold up to years of inclement weather and rough use. The Badger Basket Covered Convertible Cedar Sandbox with 2 Bench Seats requires adult assembly to use and comes with illustrated instructions. At about 16 sq ft, it won't take up too much room in your backyard.
This covered sandbox meets all current, applicable ASTM safety standards.
Badger Basket Covered Convertible Cedar Sandbox with 2 Bench Seats:
- Hand grips make it easy to fold and unfold
- Covered sandbox benches fold flat to protect the sand
- Bottomless construction helps with drainage
- Made with heat-treated, stained cedar wood and rust-resistant hardware
- All finishes are non-toxic
- Holds approximately 750 lbs of sand to fill it 6" deep
- Each bench can support up to 200 lbs
- Adult assembly required
- Illustrated instructions included with this cedar sandbox
- Meets all current, applicable ASTM safety standards
- Measures: 46.5"L x 46.5"W x 9.5"H
- 30-day parts warranty of to the original purchaser
|Age Group:||Birth to 6 Months|
|Age Range:||5 - 7 Years , 8 - 11 Years , 3 - 4 Years|
|Is Assembly Required:||Y|
|Size:||>400 Lbs , >180kg|
|Manufacturer Part Number:||09988|
|Primary Shelf ID:||133062|
|Assembled Product Dimensions (L x W x H):||46.50 x 46.50 x 9.50 Inches|
Ask a question
If you would like to share feedback with us about pricing, delivery or other customer service issues, please contact customer service directly.
Questions will be checked against our question guidelines and posted within five to seven business days.
Q. I want to pick up one of your convertible cedar sand boxes. You have them listed as weighing about 46 lbs.
- No, unfortunately, it doesn't. For the moment we're just putting a waterproof tarp over it with bungee cords around the perimeter to keep water out...doesn't look good, but it works until we can come up with a better solution.by SR126/29/2015Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- Very little packing. I had to push it into our garage until my husband came home.by Chipsdi6/7/2014Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- the shipping box is 18" x 10" roughly .And no the sand does not come with it. and it cost about $20.00 at a sand and gravel yard if you have a pick up 750 lbsby An anonymous customer3/27/2014Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- Here is the carton information for Model 09988: Shipping Size: 48x19x8 inches Shipping Weight: 52.2 poundsby Badger Basket Specialist2/25/2014Written by a verified representative from Badger Basket SpecialistWas this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- Small enough for a car trunk or SUV - I ordered site-to-store free shipping and it is small enough for most vehicles. Also able to be moved by one person.by MomJenJ6/5/2013Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- The shipping box was approximately 2" X 46". with a height of only about 8 inches. I fit it in the back seat of my car easily.by An anonymous customer5/19/2013Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- Don't remember exactly but it's approx. 4 feet long, 2 feet wide and 1 foot deep.by MOwalmartcustomer4/20/2013Was this answer helpful? (1) (0)Was this answer helpful?
Q. Logically, the convertable seat/cover keeps the neighborhood cats out,; but it does not keep the rain out. How well does the sand drain after rain?
- it will not keep the rain out . It drains fine threw the bottom which is the ground. it doesn't have a solid bottom. Works great keeping the cats outby An anonymous customer3/26/2014Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- This sandbox incorporates a "bottomless" design to help with drainage and allows you to adjust sand depth. If you contact the manufacturer, Badger Basket Company, they can email you the assembly manual for your review before purchase.by Badger Basket Specialist6/23/2014Written by a verified representative from Badger Basket SpecialistWas this answer helpful? (1) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- Seems to drain out fine. I lined mine with a big black garbage bag underneath and poked holes in it for drainage. I also dug down about 1 ft below the sandbox. It drained a whole lot faster than some of the plastic ones I have owned in the past. On a nice sunny day, mine was dry by the end of the day.by An anonymous customer8/9/2015Was this answer helpful? (1) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- Water drainage in sand is generally very good, but varies depending on the coarseness. Overall, sand drains quickly, much quicker than dirt or clay. It drains faster if it's coarse sand, and slower if it's fine. If you use traditional sandbox sand, it'll drain by the time the grass around it dries. It'll probably still be wet, but that's a whole other thing. How quickly it dries can vary because it depends on temperature, humidity, how much sun falls on the sandbox, how deep the sand is, and the type of sand (coarse sand tends to dry a little faster than fine sand). Under optimal conditions, it should only take a couple hours for the top few inches of sand to dry. That being said, if you're really worried about rainwater in the sandbox, a decent tarp can be acquired for relatively cheap to cover the box when it rains.by An anonymous customer8/9/2015Was this answer helpful? (2) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- If you lined it, take a steak knife or pitchfork and put a good 15-20 holes in it about the size of a pencil...shouldn't have any problems unless you're on clay filled soilby condemnedhalo2/3/2015Was this answer helpful? (3) (1)Was this answer helpful?
- we have had 5 small children in it at one timeby An anonymous customer12/5/2015Was this answer helpful? (1) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- Here are more measurements on this item: Measures 46.5 inches L x 46.5 inches W x 9.5 inches H overall When the benches are unfolded for play, open sand area measures 31 inches x 44.75 inches (there is also sand under the benches). Each bench can support up to 200 pounds. Height of seat back: 7.5 inches High Depth of seat: 7.5 inches Deep Width of seats between the center and edge bars (two seats per bench): 14.5 inches Wide Height from ground to top of seat back with benches up: 16.5 inches. Interior length and width of the sandbox area: 44.75 inches L x 44.75 inches W.by Badger Basket Specialist6/5/2016Written by a verified representative from Badger Basket SpecialistWas this answer helpful? (7) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- It would probably be a little too small for all three to be sitting in the sand at once.by MomJenJ12/5/2015Was this answer helpful? (3) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- I have only had 2 kids in at a time so far, and they were both in the sandbox (neither were on the bench part). That was comfortable for them, they were ages 3 1/2 and 4 years old. If you were to have more than 2 it may be a little small, unless 1 sat on the bench seat to play.by An anonymous customer12/5/2015Was this answer helpful? (4) (0)Was this answer helpful?
Customers also viewed these products