From the mind of Tim Schafer and Double Fine Productions comes Brutal Legend, a 3rd person action-strategy game rich in combat, imagery and storytelling that delivers lighter-flicking fun sure to melt your face clean off. Brutal Legend tells the tale Eddie Riggs, the ultimate roadie. Brutal Legend's core gameplay is classic action, from close quarter blows delivered by The Separator, Eddie's blood soaked broad axe, to ranged combat from your demon-slaying guitar named Clementine, as well as vehicular attacks supplied by your hot rod, The Deuce. Artistically inspired by some of the most iconic album art and lyrics of all-time, Brutal Legend features a streaming, open world rich with detail.
- Action combat! - Brutal Legend's core gameplay is classic action slasher, but with a twist: ranged combat comes from your demon-slaying, electricity-creating guitar. Add that 1-2 punch to a guitar solo mechanic that can summon objects, buff your teammates, or cripple your opponents, and you have a deep, gratifying core gameplay combat loop that is fun for the hardcore and accessible for the casual.
- Streaming open world! - Brutal Legend gives you the freedom to walk, drive, or fly anywhere in a fully streaming open world whose art style is inspired by some of the most iconic and hilariously rad metal album covers ever created. Every vista in the beautiful universe of Brutal Legend looks like it was pulled from a Frank Frazetta painting.
- Heavy metal will never die! - Brutal Legend is full of cameos from Gods of Metal like Lemmy Kilmister, Rob Halford, Lita Ford, and many, many others. It has a massive metal soundtrack from every era of metal music: 1970's classic metal to 1980's hair metal to the scarier cousins of 1990's metal. And of course, Jack Black pays the ultimate homage to metal as Eddie the Roadie, continuing the theme from the work of his band, Tenacious D and his previous films like School of Rock and High Fidelity.
- Kill 'em All! - 4v4 "skirmish" multiplayer marries action combat with a strategic unit-control mechanic. As the leader of one of the factions in the game, the player will direct his armies in a Battle of the Bands where the trophy is survival. Brutal Legend's multiplayer is online-enabled, so you can conquer your friends online via Xbox Live or Playstation Network.
- ESRB Rating: MATURE with Blood and Gore, Strong Language, Suggestive Themes, Partial Nudity, and Intense Violence