Arguing with Idiots: How to Stop Small Minds and Big Government
Customers also viewed these products
- $12.46 Was $13.64Save $1.18
- $7.51 Was $9.09Save $1.58
Check out these related products
- $8.49 Was $14.00Save $5.51
- $20.32 List price $29.99Save $9.67
- $8.49 List price $14.99Save $6.50
- $12.59 List price $16.00Save $3.41
- $10.46 Was $12.37Save $1.91
- $21.34 Was $23.99Save $2.65
About this item
About this item
Important Made in USA Origin Disclaimer: For certain items sold by Walmart on Walmart.com, the displayed country of origin information may not be accurate or consistent with manufacturer information. For updated, accurate country of origin data, it is recommended that you rely on product packaging or manufacturer information.
Hardcover, Threshold Editions, 2009, ISBN13 9781416595014, ISBN10 1416595015
It happens to all of us: You're minding your own business, when some idiot informs you that guns are evil, the Prius will save the planet, or the rich have to finally start paying their fair share of taxes.
"Just go away " you think to yourself -- but they only become more obnoxious. Your heart rate quickens. You start to sweat. You can't get away. Your only hope is...
Glenn Beck, author of the #1 "New York Times" bestsellers "An Inconvenient Book" and "Glenn Beck's Common Sense," has stumbled upon the secret formula to winning arguments against people with big mouths but small minds: knowing the facts.
And this book is full of them.
The next time your Idiot Friends tell you how gun control prevents gun violence, you'll tell them all about England's handgun ban (see page 53). When they tell you that we should copy the UK's health-care system, you'll recount the horrifying facts you read on page 244. And the next time an idiot tells you that vegetable prices will skyrocket without illegal workers, you'll stop saying "no, they won't" and you'll start saying, "actually, eliminating all illegal labor will cause us to spend just $8 a year more on produce." (See page 139.)
Idiots can't be identified through voting records, they can be found only by looking for people who hide behind stereotypes, embrace partisanship, and believe that bumper sticker slogans are a substitute for common sense. If you know someone who fits the bill, then "Arguing with Idiots" will help you silence them once and for all with the ultimate weapon: the truth.
|Number of Pages:||325|
|Number in Series:||1|
|Author:||Balfe, Kevin , Burguiere, Steve , Beck, Glenn|
|Primary Shelf ID:||583626|
|Publication Date:||September, 2009|
|Digital Video Formats:||Hardcover|
|Assembled Product Dimensions (L x W x H):||7.75 x 9.75 x 1.25 Inches|
Ask a question
If you would like to share feedback with us about pricing, delivery or other customer service issues, please contact customer service directly.
Questions will be checked against our question guidelines and posted within five to seven business days.
- I bought mine in a store in Eugene Oregon last week. it was $19.99 well worth the price plus you could also buy the audio book for the same priceby JimE310/1/2009Was this answer helpful? (1) (0)Was this answer helpful?
Consider these popular products
- $16.36 List price $26.00Save $9.64
- $9.97 Was $13.18Save $3.21
- $12.15 Was $14.62Save $2.47
- $18.18 Was $20.00Save $1.82
- $18.12 Was $19.13Save $1.01
- $10.98 Was $12.07Save $1.09
- $21.27 List price $26.00Save $4.73
- $22.12 List price $30.00Save $7.88