About this item
iPhone 5 features a 4" Retina display, the powerful A6 chip, an 8-megapixel iSight camera with panorama, ultrafast wireless, iOS 6, and iCloud. Yet it's the thinnest, lightest iPhone ever.
Size and Weight:
- Height: 4.87 inches (123.8 mm)
- Width: 2.31 inches (58.6 mm)
- Depth: 0.30 inch (7.6 mm)
- Weight: 3.95 ounces (112 grams)
Cellular and Wireless:
- GSM model A1428*: UMTS/HSPA+/DC-HSDPA (850, 900, 1900, 2100 MHz); GSM/EDGE (850, 900, 1800, 1900 MHz); LTE (Bands 4 and 17)
- CDMA model A1429*: CDMA EV-DO Rev. A and Rev. B (800, 1900, 2100 MHz); UMTS/HSPA+/DC-HSDPA (850, 900, 1900, 2100 MHz); GSM/EDGE (850, 900, 1800, 1900 MHz); LTE (Bands 1, 3, 5, 13, 25)
- GSM model A1429*: UMTS/HSPA+/DC-HSDPA (850, 900, 1900, 2100 MHz); GSM/EDGE (850, 900, 1800, 1900 MHz); LTE (Bands 1, 3, 5)
- Wifi: 802.11a/b/g/n Wi-Fi (802.11n 2.4GHz and 5GHz)
- Assisted GPS and GLONASS
- Digital compass
- Retina display
- 4" (diagonal) widescreen Multi-Touch display
- 1136-by-640-pixel resolution at 326 ppi
- 800:1 contrast ratio (typical)
- 500 cd/m2 max brightness (typical)
- Fingerprint-resistant oleophobic coating on front
- Support for display of multiple languages and characters simultaneously
Camera, Photos, and Video:
- 8-megapixel iSight camera
- Video recording, HD (1080p) up to 30 frames per second with audio
- FaceTime HD camera with 1.2MP photos and HD video (720p) up to 30 frames per second
- Tap to focus video or still images
- Face detection in video or still images
- LED flash
- Improved video stabilization
- Photo and video geotagging
External Buttons and Connectors:
- On/Off (Sleep/wake)
- Volume up/down
- Home button
- 3.5mm stereo headphone minijack
- Lightning connector
Power and Battery:
- Built-in rechargeable lithium-ion battery
- Charging via USB to computer system or power adapter
- Talk time: Up to 8 hours on 3G
- Standby time: Up to 225 hours
- Internet use: Up to 8 hours on 3G, up to 8 hours on LTE, up to 10 hours on Wi-Fi
- Video playback: Up to 10 hours
- Audio playback: Up to 40 hours
TV and Video:
- AirPlay Mirroring to Apple TV support at 720p
- AirPlay video streaming to Apple TV
- Video formats supported: H.264 video up to 1080p, 30 frames per second, High Profile level 4.1 with AAC-LC audio up to 160 Kbps, 48kHz, stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4, and .mov file formats; MPEG-4 video up to 2.5 Mbps, 640 by 480 pixels, 30 frames per second, Simple Profile with AAC-LC audio up to 160 Kbps per channel, 48kHz, stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4, and .mov file formats; Motion JPEG (M-JPEG) up to 35 Mbps, 1280 by 720 pixels, 30 frames per second, audio in ulaw, PCM stereo audio in .avi file format
- Apple EarPods with Remote and
- Storage and travel case
- Three-axis gyro
- Proximity sensor
- Ambient light sensor
- Apple ID (required for some features)
- Internet access5
- Syncing with iTunes on a Mac or PC requires:
- Mac: OS X v10.6.8 or later
- PC: Windows 7; Windows Vista; or Windows XP Home or Professional with Service Pack 3 or later
- iTunes 10.7 or later (free download from www.itunes.com/download)
In the Box:
- iPhone 5
- Apple EarPods with Remote and Mic
- Lightning to USB Cable
- USB Power Adapter
|Service Carrier:||Straight Talk|
|Multi Pack Indicator:||No|
|Battery Type:||Lithium Ion|
|Shipping Weight (in pounds):||1.0|
|Product in Inches (L x W x H):||4.87 x 2.31 x 0.3|
|Assembled in Country of Origin:||Imported|
|Origin of Components:||Imported|
Ask a question
If you would like to share feedback with us about pricing, delivery or other customer service issues, please contact customer service directly.
Walmart does not sponsor, recommend or endorse any third party product or service, or any customer ideas or advice.
Questions will be checked against our question guidelines and posted within five to seven business days.
- Same phone from Apple, same price, but you're getting an authorized, low-cost, non-contract service provider, for the first time. Imagine - as low as $40. month, unlimited talk-text-data (!), month-to-month, no taxes, no overages. Great for the recession.by ADeerandaCat2/26/2013Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- It's not better. Apple sets the price. Get it from best buy, apple, radio shack, or the AT&T store. They will all work and be the same price. Each retailer makes a few bucks every time they sell one. Straight talk just want to make the money instead of the other guys. But it's all the same.by An anonymous customer2/12/2013Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- No difference but the unlocked would be able to be used on at&t LTE and tmobile 3g.by buquet2/10/2013Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- I had this question also. I asked the straight talk rep and he told me i couldnt do that because straight talk doesn't have the sims to go in the iphone 5's yet if purchased through apple or att.by amber657752/4/2013Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- It's not. Unless you use the interest free Walmart credit card to purchase.by macmanic2/10/2013Was this answer helpful? (0) (1)Was this answer helpful?
- Straight Talk is Tracfone, and Tracfone uses Verizon towers, to the best of my knowledge.by ADeerandaCat2/26/2013Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- AT&Tby An anonymous customer2/12/2013Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- Only at&t for now it will probably be awhile before Verizon iphone comes aboard.by buquet2/10/2013Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- I was told by the straight talk rep that it uses verizon.by amber657752/10/2013Was this answer helpful? (1) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- The one I bought from Walmart uses Verizon or Sprint. I don't know which.by macmanic2/15/2013Was this answer helpful? (1) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- Yes...they are all unlocked. That's why you will pay the full device price for the phone. The fact that it works only on the ST network is a function of the SIM card in the phone at the time you buy it in a Walmart store. The service provider is officially StraightTalk but the iPhone uses the AT&T network towers, including any LTE data capability if you are in an area with the AT&T high speed LTE network. There is NO plan to use the Verizon network for the iPhones sold by Walmart through StraightTalk. If you own a Verizon or Sprint iPhone5 it has the capability, already, to use the AT&T network if you purchase a GSM SIM card from StraightTalk. The iPhone5 has both GSM/CDMA radios in it. Depending on the company from which it was originally sold the appropriate radio was initialized through their iOS software to use that radio. Verizon has already announced that it's iPhone5 is GSM unlocked. Sprint will unlock the GSM radio if you are a Sprint customer in good standing. TMobile, while a GSM based provider, operates its "4G" network on a different frequency than AT&T, so you'll only get the slower Edge network data. If/when TMobile gets an LTE network up and running you may be able to access that data network on an AT&T/Verizon/Sprint iPhone 5.by PSprgs6/30/2013Was this answer helpful? (4) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- No, will only work with STby buquet3/31/2013Was this answer helpful? (0) (1)Was this answer helpful?
- I believe iphones made for straight talk can only be used with straight talk service.by amber657753/31/2013Was this answer helpful? (0) (1)Was this answer helpful?
- the wireless lady in Walmart activated my iPhone 5, so if it was locked; she unlocked it.by Bmtk3/31/2013Was this answer helpful? (0) (9)Was this answer helpful?