Customers also bought these products
Straight Talk Apple iPhone 5 16GB White Prepaid Smartphone
Consider these popular products
- $179.00List price
About this item
About this item
iPhone 5 features a 4" Retina display, the powerful A6 chip, an 8-megapixel iSight camera with panorama, ultrafast wireless, iOS 6, and iCloud. Yet it's the thinnest, lightest iPhone ever.
Size and Weight:
- Height: 4.87 inches (123.8 mm)
- Width: 2.31 inches (58.6 mm)
- Depth: 0.30 inch (7.6 mm)
- Weight: 3.95 ounces (112 grams)
Cellular and Wireless:
- GSM model A1428*: UMTS/HSPA+/DC-HSDPA (850, 900, 1900, 2100 MHz); GSM/EDGE (850, 900, 1800, 1900 MHz); LTE (Bands 4 and 17)
- CDMA model A1429*: CDMA EV-DO Rev. A and Rev. B (800, 1900, 2100 MHz); UMTS/HSPA+/DC-HSDPA (850, 900, 1900, 2100 MHz); GSM/EDGE (850, 900, 1800, 1900 MHz); LTE (Bands 1, 3, 5, 13, 25)
- GSM model A1429*: UMTS/HSPA+/DC-HSDPA (850, 900, 1900, 2100 MHz); GSM/EDGE (850, 900, 1800, 1900 MHz); LTE (Bands 1, 3, 5)
- Wifi: 802.11a/b/g/n Wi-Fi (802.11n 2.4GHz and 5GHz)
- Assisted GPS and GLONASS
- Digital compass
- Retina display
- 4" (diagonal) widescreen Multi-Touch display
- 1136-by-640-pixel resolution at 326 ppi
- 800:1 contrast ratio (typical)
- 500 cd/m2 max brightness (typical)
- Fingerprint-resistant oleophobic coating on front
- Support for display of multiple languages and characters simultaneously
Camera, Photos, and Video:
- 8-megapixel iSight camera
- Video recording, HD (1080p) up to 30 frames per second with audio
- FaceTime HD camera with 1.2MP photos and HD video (720p) up to 30 frames per second
- Tap to focus video or still images
- Face detection in video or still images
- LED flash
- Improved video stabilization
- Photo and video geotagging
External Buttons and Connectors:
- On/Off (Sleep/wake)
- Volume up/down
- Home button
- 3.5mm stereo headphone minijack
- Lightning connector
Power and Battery:
- Built-in rechargeable lithium-ion battery
- Charging via USB to computer system or power adapter
- Talk time: Up to 8 hours on 3G
- Standby time: Up to 225 hours
- Internet use: Up to 8 hours on 3G, up to 8 hours on LTE, up to 10 hours on Wi-Fi
- Video playback: Up to 10 hours
- Audio playback: Up to 40 hours
TV and Video:
- AirPlay Mirroring to Apple TV support at 720p
- AirPlay video streaming to Apple TV
- Video formats supported: H.264 video up to 1080p, 30 frames per second, High Profile level 4.1 with AAC-LC audio up to 160 Kbps, 48kHz, stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4, and .mov file formats; MPEG-4 video up to 2.5 Mbps, 640 by 480 pixels, 30 frames per second, Simple Profile with AAC-LC audio up to 160 Kbps per channel, 48kHz, stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4, and .mov file formats; Motion JPEG (M-JPEG) up to 35 Mbps, 1280 by 720 pixels, 30 frames per second, audio in ulaw, PCM stereo audio in .avi file format
- Apple EarPods with Remote and
- Storage and travel case
- Three-axis gyro
- Proximity sensor
- Ambient light sensor
- Apple ID (required for some features)
- Internet access5
- Syncing with iTunes on a Mac or PC requires:
- Mac: OS X v10.6.8 or later
- PC: Windows 7; Windows Vista; or Windows XP Home or Professional with Service Pack 3 or later
- iTunes 10.7 or later (free download from www.itunes.com/download)
In the Box:
- iPhone 5
- Apple EarPods with Remote and Mic
- Lightning to USB Cable
- USB Power Adapter
|Service Carrier:||Straight Talk|
|Multi Pack Indicator:||No|
|Battery Type:||Lithium Ion|
|Model No.:||iphone 5|
|Shipping Weight (in pounds):||1.0|
|Product in Inches (L x W x H):||4.87 x 2.31 x 0.3|
Ask a question
If you would like to share feedback with us about pricing, delivery or other customer service issues, please contact customer service directly.
Walmart does not sponsor, recommend or endorse any third party product or service, or any customer ideas or advice.
Questions will be checked against our question guidelines and posted within five to seven business days.
Q. do you know if the iphone 5 be om the CDMA-V (verizon) towers? or will it be on the other networks?
- Talking with Straight Talk, they said their iphone runs on Verizon's CDMA 4G network. It does not run on Verizon's 4G LTE network. News report said service was to be on both ATT and Verizon...so it likely depends on where you activate service. If your in an ATT only area, they may sell a different model (perhaps GSM)....but as of now their customer service said their iphone runs on Verizon's CDMA 4G network and not 4G LTE.by wfcust1/17/2013Was this answer helpful? (3) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- I have this phone now, model A1429. As far as I can tell it is CDMA-V.by gravityron1/24/2013Was this answer helpful? (5) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- if your talking about the iPhone 5 on straight talk then it will only use i think AT&T's towers. this is a GSM network and any network thats uses SIM CARDS is GSM. CDMA uses the ESN number to locate phone for usage, all Ditigal.by NAG451/17/2013Was this answer helpful? (1) (6)Was this answer helpful?
Q. Will you still have access to Facetime and all other functions or just talk text and web?
- Phones purchased through Walmart do not need to be jailbroken to use features!! My iphone 5 works perfect, without jail break (just an fyi, there isn't a legit jailbreak for OS6 anyways) Picture messaging, face time, texting, calling, web, apps and app store work perfectly.by InfoKimberly10/9/2013Was this answer helpful? (2) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- The only things that don't work 1. LTE 4G, you will have 3G and 2. It appears that Visual Voicemail doesn't work. Facetime and MMS do work.by gravityron1/22/2013Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- Hi Meme, I have Straight Talk on my iphone 4, and having it on a Iphone 5 shouldn't be any different. So Yes, you can use facetime, and No you don't have visual voicemail, you get the standard regular voicemail, and you can also use this iphone for mms (picture&video sending/receiving), but you would need to jailbreak it first, and enter the mms settings, there's also an alternative method without having to jailbreak...Just that this alternative method might work for others, but not some, the 1st method by jailbreaking it's a guarantee to make mms work though. If have any further questions, let me know..by sleepybaby10/9/2013Was this answer helpful? (0) (3)Was this answer helpful?
Q. is this phone unlocked and can it be used in a foreign country with their local carriers?
- No this phone is locked. It cannot be unlocked by either apple or Straighttalk or Walmart. It Can be used in foreign country with a Stright talksim crd on roaming. We cannot use a local sim card when in foreign country.by Scorpiobharath11/6/2013Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- GSM portion is unlocked. CDMA you can use with ST or Pageplus (Verizon MVNO).by gottahavebling11/2/2013Was this answer helpful? (1) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- this is a unlocked iphone but cant be used with any CDMA carriers unless it is with Straight Talk.by Jamie7910/15/2013Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?