About this item
Check your local store for availability
Thin, sleek, and very capable.
It's hard to believe a phone so thin could offer so many features: a larger display, a faster chip, the latest wireless technology, an 8MP iSight camera, and more. All in a beautiful aluminum body designed and made with an unprecedented level of precision.The iPhone 5 16GB Verizon measures a mere 7.6 millimeters thin and weighs just 112 grams.1 That's 18 percent thinner and 20 percent lighter than iPhone 4S. The only way to achieve a design like this is by relentlessly considering (and reconsidering) every single detail - including the details you don't see.
Apple iPhone 5 for Verizon, AT & T, and Sprint (Prices Based on Eligible Upgrade or New 2-Year Contract):
Colors Available: White, Black
Capacities Available: 16GB
Size and Weight
- Height: 4.87 inches (123.8 mm)
- Width: 2.31 inches (58.6 mm)
- Depth: 0.30 inch (7.6 mm)
- Weight: 3.95 ounces (112 grams)
Cellular and Wireless
- GSM model A1428*: UMTS/HSPA+/DC-HSDPA (850, 900, 1900, 2100 MHz); GSM/EDGE (850, 900, 1800, 1900 MHz); LTE (Bands 4 and 17)
- CDMA model A1429*: CDMA EV-DO Rev. A and Rev. B (800, 1900, 2100 MHz); UMTS/HSPA+/DC-HSDPA (850, 900, 1900, 2100 MHz); GSM/EDGE (850, 900, 1800, 1900 MHz); LTE (Bands 1, 3, 5, 13, 25)
- GSM model A1429*: UMTS/HSPA+/DC-HSDPA (850, 900, 1900, 2100 MHz); GSM/EDGE (850, 900, 1800, 1900 MHz); LTE (Bands 1, 3, 5)
- Wifi: 802.11a/b/g/n Wi-Fi (802.11n 2.4GHz and 5GHz)
- Assisted GPS and GLONASS
- Digital compass
- Retina display
- 4-inch (diagonal) widescreen Multi-Touch display
- 1136-by-640-pixel resolution at 326 ppi
- 800:1 contrast ratio (typical)
- 500 cd/m2 max brightness (typical)
- Fingerprint-resistant oleophobic coating on front
- Support for display of multiple languages and characters simultaneously
Camera, Photos, and Video
- 8-megapixel iSight camera
- Video recording, HD (1080p) up to 30 frames per second with audio
- FaceTime HD camera with 1.2MP photos and HD video (720p) up to 30 frames per second
- Tap to focus video or still images
- Face detection in video or still images
- LED flash
- Improved video stabilization
- Photo and video geotagging
External Buttons and Connectors
- On/Off (Sleep/wake)
- Volume up/down
- Home button
- 3.5mm stereo headphone minijack
- Lightning connector
Power and Battery
- Built-in rechargeable lithium-ion battery
- Charging via USB to computer system or power adapter
- Talk time: Up to 8 hours on 3G
- Standby time: Up to 225 hours
- Internet use: Up to 8 hours on 3G, up to 8 hours on LTE, up to 10 hours on Wi-Fi
- Video playback: Up to 10 hours
- Audio playback: Up to 40 hours
TV and Video
- AirPlay Mirroring to Apple TV support at 720p
- AirPlay video streaming to Apple TV
- Video formats supported: H.264 video up to 1080p, 30 frames per second, High Profile level 4.1 with AAC-LC audio up to 160 Kbps, 48kHz, stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4, and .mov file formats; MPEG-4 video up to 2.5 Mbps, 640 by 480 pixels, 30 frames per second, Simple Profile with AAC-LC audio up to 160 Kbps per channel, 48kHz, stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4, and .mov file formats; Motion JPEG (M-JPEG) up to 35 Mbps, 1280 by 720 pixels, 30 frames per second, audio in ulaw, PCM stereo audio in .avi file format
- Apple EarPods with Remote and
- Storage and travel case
- Three-axis gyro
- Proximity sensor
- Ambient light sensor
- Apple ID (required for some features)
- Internet access5
- Syncing with iTunes on a Mac or PC requires:
- Mac: OS X v10.6.8 or later
- PC: Windows 7; Windows Vista; or Windows XP Home or Professional with Service Pack 3 or later
- iTunes 10.7 or later (free download from www.itunes.com/download)
In the Box
- iPhone 5
- Apple EarPods with Remote and Mic
- Lightning to USB Cable
- USB Power Adapter
Ask a question
- I don't see how Verizon "wins hands down". You can't talk and surf at the same time with Verizon, which is a huge drawback in my opinion. Until Verizon adds this ability, I'll stick with my AT&T, which I've never had a single issue with.by scottz297/11/2013Was this answer helpful? (3) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- AT&T is horrible. Verizon wins hands down. Don't take it from me. Check Consumer Reports. AT&T is rated even lower than Sprint and T-Mobile. Yes, they're that bad.by Chris5591/11/2013Was this answer helpful? (4) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- I'm switching to Verizon after 12 years with Sprint. I've dealt with AT&T in the past and wouldn't consider them.by Kimber1171/9/2013Was this answer helpful? (4) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- AT&T has the best service and you can't beat their customer service!by Nycole0077/11/2013Was this answer helpful? (3) (1)Was this answer helpful?
- Can you not get the insurance from WalMart? We did for my son's IPod Touch and the plans at WalMart are generally much cheaper than other places.by IloveLucyinTampa9/21/2013Was this answer helpful? (2) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- I'm sorry, I was not clear in my previous answer. By "it" I mean the phone. I am under the impression if you want insurance from ATT then you have to buy the PHONE from ATT. (please correct me if I am wrong). Applecare, however can be purchased regardless where you buy the phone.by TechSavvyStudent1/6/2013Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- sacoite I am not sure if that information is correct, I believe if you put insurance on the phone by an ATT provider, you have to buy it from ATT. Now Applecare does not matter where you buy it because it is an apple product.by TechSavvyStudent1/5/2013Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- Yes if you are with ATT. 2 different plans. Check out their website or the website of your carrier.by sacoite1/10/2013Was this answer helpful? (0) (1)Was this answer helpful?
- yes the Verizon Model is unlocked more info here http://www.idownloadblog.com/2012/09/24/verizon-iphone-5-unlocked/by Abriseno11/8/2012Was this answer helpful? (2) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- The unlocked version hasn't been released in the U.S. Apple is probably supplying all the other countries in the world first, since the U.S. is the only country that locks phones into a cellular contract while selling them at a discounted price. It will probably be the same as the unlocked iphone 4s, which was 649 for 16gb.by Sutaru9/9/2013Was this answer helpful? (3) (2)Was this answer helpful?
- Apple plans to offer an unlocked version of the iPhone 5 in the near future. The unlocked iPhone 5 will only be sold at Apple retail stores or online at Apple.com for $649 plus sales tax.by renewedpurpose12/21/2012Was this answer helpful? (15) (1)Was this answer helpful?