Consider these popular products
- Reduced Price$58.58 Was $62.08Save $3.50
- Reduced Price$58.01
- $38.99 List price $59.99Save $21.00
- Reduced Price$59.41
NOOK Simple Touch
About this item
About this item
Important Made in USA Origin Disclaimer: For certain items sold by Walmart on Walmart.com, the displayed country of origin information may not be accurate or consistent with manufacturer information. For updated, accurate country of origin data, it is recommended that you rely on product packaging or manufacturer information.
Easiest to use with the world's best reading screen & longest battery life
All-new NOOK the Simple Touch Reader:
|Battery Type:||Lithium Ion|
|Memory Type:||micro SD, SDHC|
|Shipping Weight (in pounds):||0.8|
|Product in Inches (L x W x H):||6.5 x 5.0 x 0.43|
Ask a question
If you would like to share feedback with us about pricing, delivery or other customer service issues, please contact customer service directly.
Walmart does not sponsor, recommend or endorse any third party product or service, or any customer ideas or advice.
Questions will be checked against our question guidelines and posted within five to seven business days.
- No fees for downloading "free" ebooks from eg Google ebooks, renting them from your local library. B/N requires a credit card from you when you sign up to establish an account. This is done just in case when you go shopping for ebooks but you still can download from B/N freed books. It just says purchased for 0.00 Hope this helps.by Soystar111/28/2013Was this answer helpful? (6) (2)Was this answer helpful?
- There are many FREE books to download but there are fees for newest ones,sometimes very low prices and sometimes more, but always cost less than purchasing "real" books..even paperbacks.by tryingtothinkpositive11/28/2013Was this answer helpful? (5) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- The only fee you pay is the price of the book. There are no download fees. So if the Ebook is $9.99 that is all you will have to pay.by usastevens11/28/2013Was this answer helpful? (4) (1)Was this answer helpful?
- There are no fees for downloading e-books. You have to pay for the purchase of the books of course but there are no fees in addition to the purchase prices.by DailyPlanetIntern12/12/2012Was this answer helpful? (3) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- There are no fees for downloading the books themselves, but the books do typically cost money to purchase. The NOOK Store offers over 2 million titles, from classics to hot new bestsellers. Most are $9.99 or less and thousands of NOOK Books are available for FREE.by An anonymous customer12/12/2012Written by a verified representative fromWas this answer helpful? (8) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- Some books are free while others can be anywhere from .99 to 35.99, it all depends on what you're looking for. Most new releases are approximately 1/2 the price of the hardcover versions.by MrsLB12/12/2012Was this answer helpful? (2) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- As long as you have wireless at home there aren't any fees for actually downloading books. If you want to buy a certain eBook then you'll have to pay the cost of it. If your local library participates in the eBook rental program, you can rent eBooks free of charge. Most of the "classic" books are available for free as well.by cadcguy2312/12/2012Was this answer helpful? (7) (1)Was this answer helpful?
- I am somewhat surprised. Mine came with a wall outlet connector (which disconnects from the USB cable for direct connection to the computer). One end of the USB cable is standard, the other designed specifically for the proprietary Simple Touch connection. In any case, I saw the Power Adapter listed at the Barnes and Noble online store. (But, I would recheck whether your usb connector works since it is standard--only the interface to the Nook is different)by Skipe4212/9/2011Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- ChihuahuaLover01 is wrong. This item DOES NOT COME WITH AN ADAPTER. You can buy one for about $9 at Barnes & Noble, or from Walmart or Amazon.by angusb6/1/2013Was this answer helpful? (0) (2)Was this answer helpful?
- Anywhere. And It seems odd that you say your USB outlets on your computer don't work. Any USB charger should work, including the one used to charge an iphone or other smart phone.by angusb12/6/2011Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- It comes with a wall outlet adapter. But if you lost and you have a jawbone for a cell phone mine comes apart so I can use it and like the end of some cell phone plugs will also work. My husbands I pod cord also has to use a usb end. If you don't have any of those then check with some of your friends who might have an old cord for an old phone or something.by ChihuahuaLover0112/7/2011Was this answer helpful? (0) (2)Was this answer helpful?
- Try Amazon if you can't find an adapter in your local walmart store.by ArcheryFarms12/5/2011Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- Wal-Mart has them on line. I haven't checked the actual Wal-Mart store because the USB cable fits in my computer. I would be sure you could order them from Barnes and Noble also because they are who makes the Nook.by DeepCotton12/4/2011Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
Q. I have internet at home, but no wi-fi service. Do I have to go to a place that has wi-fi to download books?
- yes! you have to have wi-fi to download books. If you have high speed internet though, you should be able to get a wireless router through your internet service. OR, if you are a Dish Network customer, they offer free wireless routers. :)by amber003/11/2013Was this answer helpful? (5) (2)Was this answer helpful?
- I don't have wi-fi at home either and my only experience is with a Public Library. I haven't bought any books from Barnes and Noble or anywhere else yet. I went to the Library to use their wifi to register my Nook. They helped me with this. From home I can download books I want to check out on my computer and then side-load them to my Nook. No wi-fi required that I am aware of. Most places that you can order the e-books from will have the wi-fi. No problem.by DeepCotton12/12/2012Was this answer helpful? (5) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- you can connect it to you computor and download book or go to where they have wifi either one will workby taylormarilyn12/21/2012Was this answer helpful? (3) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- To shop directly from your NOOK, you need to be connected via wi-fi. You can do that for free in B&N stores and many other public hotspots (like coffee shops and public areas). When no wi-fi is available, you can purchase books for your BN.com account (or another source) from your home computer, and sideload them to your NOOK.by An anonymous customer12/21/2012Written by a verified representative fromWas this answer helpful? (3) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- you do have to use WiFi to register your Nook but once that is done you can download ebooks to your home computer then copy them to your Nook.by tinamg661/24/2012Was this answer helpful? (3) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- The quick answer is "Yes". BUT you can download the book to your computer and "side load"(this is easy to learn to do, there are tutorials all over the internet for side loading) it to your nook using your computer. So if you want to download a book DIRECTLY to your nook, you must have wi-fi or go to a place that has that, like your local Barnes and Nobel store.by choosewell5/12/2012Was this answer helpful? (4) (0)Was this answer helpful?