Acer Amethyst Purple Aspire One AO532h-2254 10.1" Netbook PC with Intel Atom N450 Processor & Windows 7 Starter Edition
About this item
About this item
Important Made in USA Origin Disclaimer: For certain items sold by Walmart on Walmart.com, the displayed country of origin information may not be accurate or consistent with manufacturer information. For updated, accurate country of origin data, it is recommended that you rely on product packaging or manufacturer information.
Accessorize your wardrobe with this stylish Acer 10.1" Netbook PC. Packed with fun, powerful features, it connects you to your digital world and enriches your mobile life. With amazing battery life, the next-generation Intel Atom processor, built-in wireless connectivity and an extremely petite design, it has never been easier to keep up. The Acer 10.1" Netbook PC lets you check your email, browse the Internet, keep up with family and friends and enjoy a variety of entertainment wherever you are.
Acer Amethyst Purple Aspire One AO532h-2254 10.1" Netbook PC:
- Intel Atom N450 processor
1.66GHz, 667MHz Front Side Bus, 512KB L2 Cache
- 1GB DDR2 system memory
Enough memory to handle today's most memory-hungry applications
- 160GB 5400rpm SATA hard drive
Store your music, videos, photos, documents and more on the Acer Netbook PC — with plenty of storage space to spare
- 10/100 Ethernet, 802.11b/g/n Wireless
Connect the Acer 10.1" Netbook PC to a broadband modem with Ethernet LAN, or connect to a wireless network or hotspot with Wireless WLAN
- 10.1" diagonal CrystalBrite LED-backlit LCD widescreen display
1024 x 600 pixel resolution; Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 3150 with 64MB of dedicated video memory supporting Microsoft DirectX 9
- High-definition audio support
- Built-in Webcam with microphone
- Multi-in-1 digital media card reader
- 3 x USB 2.0 ports, 1 x VGA port, 1 x headphone/speaker/line-out jack, 1 x microphone-in jack, 1 x Ethernet (RJ-45) port
- 6-cell lithium-ion battery (up to 8 hours battery life)
- Includes AC adapter
- Genuine Microsoft Windows 7 Starter Edition (To learn more about the features of Windows 7, click here)
- Microsoft Works; Microsoft Office 2007 Home and Student Edition (60-day trial)
- McAfee Internet Security Suite 2009 (60-day trial)
- Acer software and utilities
- Plus software from Adobe, Google, WildTangent and more
- The Acer 10.1" Netbook PC has a 1-year International Travelers limited warranty
|Processor Type:||Atom N450|
|Hard Drive Size:||160GB|
|Laptop Screen Size:||10.1"|
|Resolution:||1024 x 600|
|Battery Life:||8 hours|
|Battery Type:||Does Not Contain a Battery|
|Operating System:||Microsoft Genuine Microsoft Windows 7 Starter|
|Shipping Weight (in pounds):||5.35|
|Product in Inches (L x W x H):||10.17 x 7.28 x 0.99|
Ask a question
If you would like to share feedback with us about pricing, delivery or other customer service issues, please contact customer service directly.
Walmart does not sponsor, recommend or endorse any third party product or service, or any customer ideas or advice.
Questions will be checked against our question guidelines and posted within five to seven business days.
- Thanks for the question. Netbooks are made to be lightweight and portable with a small footprint. Notebooks are built for portability but can sometimes be larger and heavier. Many notebooks are built with performance in mind rather than convenience. A notebook is meant to be something you would be able to do many tasks on, work from, much as you would a desktop. Many notebooks have larger screens and can be used to watch DVDs or Blu-Ray movies. Netbooks generally do not have a screen size over 11 inches, are small and do not have optical drives. Netbooks are meant primarily as a way to provide ultra portability allowing you to stay connected wherever you go. Netbooks are light and small to fit in a backpack, or carry from class to class. They boast plenty of processing power to run programs to take notes or look up resource materials in class. Netbooks are generally less expensive than notebooks making it an ideal tool for students.by eSolutions9/9/2010Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- You can do a lot more on a laptop. Laptops have more memory and processing speed. Netbooks are more like a companion to laptops. The biggest advantage being that they are portable.by MissJade288/4/2010Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- Netbook is smaller in physical size and therefore more portable. It is not as powerful and cannot do all of the things that a full laptop can but it is perfect for emails, internet surfing, word documents, etc.by BargainShopperInIllinois8/4/2010Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- A laptop is way bigger. This netbook fits so cute in my big purses. Since it is smaller, you would have to buy a cd thing separately.by collegekid107/29/2010Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- A laptop is much bigger and heavier (11-15" screen, 6-7 lbs.) than a netbook (10" screen, 3-4 lbs.). Laptops also have: more powerful processors more memory optical drive (CD/DVD) Of course they are much more expensive ($600+) than a netbook ($300).by Harpoon7/29/2010Was this answer helpful? (1) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- Size, mostly. Most netbook screens are 10.1" diagonally, and will not be bigger than 11.6" They have slower, low-power consumption processors, less RAM, (with limited ability to upgrade; usually 2 GB is the max), and no optical (CD/DVD) drives, and are designed for web surfing, light gaming, and light Office tasks. With a boost in RAM, you could handle light photo editing. Most netbooks ship with the Starter edition of Windows. With laptops, you can pick your screen size (up to 18.5" if you don't mind the weight), select models that have optical drives and more RAM, and can be powerful enough to replace a desktop computer. Your choice depends on your budget, and your needs. Netbooks are more likely to have longer-life batteries, so you can walk around campus all day without needing to bring a charger. Keyboards and screens are smaller though. Best to visit a store and try typing on one, and view the screen size. The 10.1" screens that are most typical are not for everyone.by 13ILGal8/2/2010Was this answer helpful? (1) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- netbook is smaller. and u cant play a cd in it. so no cd rom everything else is basically the sameby Esynce7/23/2010Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- The main differences, though I am far from an expert, are: 1) the size and 2) there is no place to load anything (i.e. a disc, CD, DVD, etc.). There are USB ports, though, if that is all you are looking for. It is nice and tiny so very portable and light.by Biggshark7/19/2010Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- I would recommend this netbook. Moves quick and is extremely handy in size can be used anywhere. still getting used to windows 7 from using XP but the transition has worked out fine.by amethyst287/31/2010Was this answer helpful? (0) (1)Was this answer helpful?
- Netbooks tend to be smaller than regular laptops, i believeby BUTTERNUTSHUTTLE7/14/2010Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- Yes. I have a Canon camera and was able to upload the pictures onto it.by cchooked10/12/2010Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- As long as your camera has a USB cable, yes.by ThreePoles10/1/2010Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- Yes you can upload pics from your camera. It has an SD card slot so you just put the card in from your camera and then pull the pics you want off of the card.by CAESIA11/7/2010Was this answer helpful? (1) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- yes i have a samsung digital camera and transferred my photos very easilyby suzyb279/8/2010Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- Yes.by Enjoyadeal9/6/2010Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- Yes, just use the usb cable!by Acergirl9/5/2010Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- Yes!There is a slot for your memory card on the side, just pop out the protector and pop in your card and you are ready to save your pictures on your netbook.by ceebee2211/7/2010Was this answer helpful? (2) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- yes. USB cord.by Infamousladie9/4/2010Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- Thank you for your question. There are several ways you could upload a picture onto this netbook. If you are transferring photos from a digital camera, you may elect to use the Multi-in-1 card reader that is built into the computer. This feature will read small memory chips generally referred to as a media card. The card reader on the machine supports the following types of digital media cards: Secure Digital™ (SD) Card, MultiMediaCard (MMC), Reduced-Size Multimedia Card (RS-MMC), Memory Stick™ (MS), Memory Stick PRO™ (MS PRO), xD-Picture Card™ (xD) . Additionally, many cameras can also connect with a USB attachment cable. This machine has 3 USB 2.0 ports you could use to accomplish connecting that way.by eSolutions8/18/2010Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- Yes. You can put your photos onto a thumb drive or media card or e-mail them and download them onto the hard drive of this Acer netbook.by carlsbadbob8/18/2010Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- LOL! You can't!by SheilaAHA10/29/2010Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- It does not allow you to change the background unless you upgrade to a better Window 7, which take money to do that.by onitallthetime10/13/2010Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- You can't with the Starter Editionby cchooked10/12/2010Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- You must upgrade from the installed Windows 7 Basic OS. That's a Microsoft thing, not an Acer thing.by ThreePoles10/1/2010Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- I think the answer to this question is on the Microsoft web site. For Windows 7 starter edition, there is no way to change the background. You can upgrade to Windows 7 Home Premium, but you gotta pay for the upgrade. You can change the background in Win7 Home Premium. You can install Netbook Ubuntu Linux. It is free and you change the background.by YetAnotherAnon11/23/2010Was this answer helpful? (1) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- you can't. there is something you can download to enable background changes, but I don't know the link, or the safety of the download.by HerbyLady9/8/2010Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- I learned this weekend that you can't change the background because it runs on Windows 7 Started Edition and that Edition does not permit changing the background. You can have a screensaver though. You would need to upgrade to another Edition of Windows for this function.by NBey9/8/2010Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- Thanks for the question. Unfortunately, in its current configuration, you can not change the desktop background. This system comes with Genuine Windows® 7 Starter which has several restrictions, one of which is changing the desktop background. To add this functionality and others to the system you will need to upgrade to a version of Windows that allows you to change the background. Details on upgrading Microsoft Windows can be found on the Microsoft website.by eSolutions9/7/2010Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- goto control panel, Appearance then display from this place you can change screen saverby jc19569/7/2010Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?