About this item
This Companion brings together specially commissioned essays by distinguished international scholars that reflect both the diversity of Victorian poetry and the variety of critical approaches that illuminate it.
- Approaches Victorian poetry by way of genre, production and cultural context, rather than through individual poets or poems
- Demonstrates how a particular poet or poem emerges from a number of overlapping cultural contexts.
- Explores the relationships between work by different poets
- Recalls attention to a considerable body of poetry that has fallen into neglect
- Essays are informed by recent developments in textual and cultural theory
- Considers Victorian women poets in every chapter
Explore this item
|Contributed by:||Cronin, Richard|
|Contributed by:||Chapman, Alison|
|Contributed by:||Harrison, Antony H.|
|Publisher:||Wiley & Sons, Incorporated, John|
|Publish Date:||Nov 19, 2007|
|Number of Pages:||630|
|Shipping Weight (in pounds):||2.4|
|Product in Inches (L x W x H):||9.7 x 6.8 x 1.8|
Be the first to review this item. Share your rating and review so that other customers can decide if this is the right item for them.
Ask a question
If you would like to share feedback with us about pricing, delivery or other customer service issues, please contact customer service directly.
Walmart does not sponsor, recommend or endorse any third party product or service, or any customer ideas or advice.
Questions will be checked against our question guidelines and posted within five to seven business days.