About this item
Snack on science! Make a science of snacks! Potato Chip Science is the book and kit that's an irresistible introduction to science for 8- to 12-year-olds. Here are 29 incredible experiments--plus one edible project--that use potato chips, potatoes, potato chip bags, tubes, and lids. Included in the bag are a 96-page two-color book and a dozen items that kids can use for the following "snacktivities":
Bag Blaster - Bird Feeder - Chip mobile - Chip Analyzer - Chip-ShipChallenge - Chip-Tube Gobbler - "Color" Wheel - Compass - Composter - Confetti Can-non - CSI Detective Kit - Dancing Chips - Electric Wave - Flipper - Hydrofoil - Kissing Tubes - Kite - Mini Extermi-tater - Potato Bender - Potato Chip Crunchies - Potato Battery - Saucer Tosser - Shrunken (Potato). Head - Signal Mirror - Sound Spinner - Spud Crud - Spuddy Buddy - Walkie-Talkie - Windmill
- 96-page book providing step-by-step instructions
- Bag that can be turned into a kite, compass, or "hydofoil"
- Digital sound chip that plays "Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star"... powered by a potato! (spud not included)
- 6-inch propulsion pipe that launches spud pellets 50 feet!
- Biodegradable starch base (makes a great Chip mobile chassis!)
- 6 optical stickers
- 6 chip lids (the wheels of the Chip mobile!)
- Spud-powered digital clock (once again, potato notincluded)
- 4 zinc and copper electrodes
- Googly eyes (Yeah!)
- Wire connectors
- Eco-friendly starch knife (to carve the Spuddy Buddy and Shrunken Potato Head)
- Packing "chips" (used as ammunition for the Confetti Can-non!)
Manufactured in the United States of America.
Potato Chip Science received the Gold Medal from The National Parenting Publication Awards, and a Gold "Brain Child" Medal from Tillywig.
|Publisher:||Workman Publishing Company, Incorporated|
|Publish Date:||Sep 10, 2010|
|Number of Pages:||96|
|Shipping Weight (in pounds):||0.7|
|Product in Inches (L x W x H):||11.0 x 7.5 x 3.4|
Ask a question
If you would like to share feedback with us about pricing, delivery or other customer service issues, please contact customer service directly.
Walmart does not sponsor, recommend or endorse any third party product or service, or any customer ideas or advice.
Questions will be checked against our question guidelines and posted within five to seven business days.