The Steel Wave: A Novel of World War II
Check out these related products
- $24.38 List price $30.00Save $5.62
- $23.75 List price $27.95Save $4.20
- $12.43 List price $17.00Save $4.57
- $17.97 Was $20.39Save $2.42
- $12.48 Was $13.72Save $1.24
- $19.21 Was $21.81Save $2.60
- $16.40 Was $20.40Save $4.00
- $19.90 List price $28.00Save $8.10
- $19.01 List price $28.00Save $8.99
- $32.30 Was $34.55Save $2.25
- $10.70 Was $12.02Save $1.32
- $17.97 Was $19.87Save $1.90
- $32.71 Was $37.43Save $4.72
- $10.00 Was $12.09Save $2.09
About this item
About this item
Important Made in USA Origin Disclaimer: For certain items sold by Walmart on Walmart.com, the displayed country of origin information may not be accurate or consistent with manufacturer information. For updated, accurate country of origin data, it is recommended that you rely on product packaging or manufacturer information.
Hardcover, Ballantine Books, 2008, ISBN13 9780345461421, ISBN10 0345461428
Jeff Shaara, America's premier author of military historical fiction, brings us the centerpiece of his epic trilogy of the Second World War.
General Dwight Eisenhower once again commands a diverse army that must find its single purpose in the destruction of Hitler's European fortress. His primary subordinates, Omar Bradley and Bernard Montgomery, must prove that this unique blend of Allied armies can successfully confront the might of Adolf Hitler's forces, who have already conquered Western Europe. On the coast of France, German commander Erwin Rommel fortifies and prepares for the coming invasion, acutely aware that he must bring all his skills to bear on a fight his side must win. But Rommel's greatest challenge is to strike the Allies on his front, while struggling behind the lines with the growing insanity of Adolf Hitler, who thwarts the strategies Rommel knows will succeed.
Meanwhile, Sergeant Jesse Adams, a no-nonsense veteran of the 82nd Airborne, parachutes with his men behind German lines into a chaotic and desperate struggle. And as the invasion force surges toward the beaches of Normandy, Private Tom Thorne of the 29th Infantry Division faces the horrifying prospects of fighting his way ashore on a stretch of coast more heavily defended than the Allied commanders anticipate-Omaha Beach.
From G.I. to general, this story carries the reader through the war's most crucial juncture, the invasion that altered the flow of the war, and, ultimately, changed history.
|Number of Pages:||493|
|Number in Series:||1|
|Primary Shelf ID:||584298|
|Publisher:||Random House Inc|
|Publication Date:||May, 2008|
|Digital Video Formats:||Hardcover|
|Assembled Product Dimensions (L x W x H):||6.00 x 9.75 x 1.50 Inches|
Ask a question
If you would like to share feedback with us about pricing, delivery or other customer service issues, please contact customer service directly.
Questions will be checked against our question guidelines and posted within five to seven business days.
Consider these popular products
- $9.52 Was $11.12Save $1.60
- $8.75 List price $15.00Save $6.25
- $8.19 Was $10.31Save $2.12
- $10.71 List price $17.00Save $6.29
- $16.80 List price $28.00Save $11.20
- $7.41 List price $8.00Save $0.59
- $10.51 List price $16.99Save $6.48
- $4.91 Was $6.95Save $2.04
- $15.87 List price $22.00Save $6.13