About this item
The author of the Twilight series of # 1 bestsellers delivers her brilliant first novel for adults: a gripping story of love and betrayal in a future with the fate of humanity at stake.
Melanie Stryder refuses to fade away. The earth has been invaded by a species that take over the minds of their human hosts while leaving their bodies intact, and most of humanity has succumbed.
Wanderer, the invading "soul" who has been given Melanie's body, knew about the challenges of living inside a human: the overwhelming emotions, the too vivid memories. But there was one difficulty Wanderer didn't expect: the former tenant of her body refusing to relinquish possession of her mind.
Melanie fills Wanderer's thoughts with visions of the man Melanie loves-Jared, a human who still lives in hiding. Unable to separate herself from her body's desires, Wanderer yearns for a man she's never met. As outside forces make Wanderer and Melanie unwilling allies, they set off to search for the man they both love.
Featuring what may be the first love triangle involving only two bodies, THE HOST is a riveting and unforgettable novel that will bring a vast new readership to one of the most compelling writers of our time.
|Publisher:||Little Brown & Company|
|Publish Date:||May 06, 2008|
|Number of Pages:||624|
|Shipping Weight (in pounds):||1.85|
|Product in Inches (L x W x H):||9.5 x 6.4 x 1.9|
Ask a question
If you would like to share feedback with us about pricing, delivery or other customer service issues, please contact customer service directly.
Walmart does not sponsor, recommend or endorse any third party product or service, or any customer ideas or advice.
Questions will be checked against our question guidelines and posted within five to seven business days.
- Sure. I think this is perfectly suitable for a child even younger than 16.by MissKitty789/30/2010Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- this is even appropriate for a 13 year old. even if there was a love scene or cursing, stephenie meyer never makes it vulgure or inappropriate.by TwilightObsessive3/15/2010Was this answer helpful? (2) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- Yes- there is nothing "adult" like swearing or love scenes.by readreadread11/12/2009Was this answer helpful? (1) (0)Was this answer helpful?
Q. What is this book about? I love Twilight(New Moon, etc.) so I want to know if I would be intrested in another one of Stephenie Meyer's novels.
- IT IS AWESOME!!! First off, it is not twilight, nor does it have any vampires or werewolves in it. So with that being said, the book is amazing!!! It is a love story with love triangles all over the place, action, drama, and aliens. Did I mention aliens. Basically, our planet has been taken over by a alien species that insert themselves into our bodies and taking control, therefor making us "the host". It follows a young lady named Melanie who has evaded being caught by the aliens, but is later captured and "infected". Yet she doesn't just disappear like most everyone else. She is still there fighting, in her body against the alien, for control and convinces wanda (her alien parasite) to go looking for her little brother and the love of her life that she is so worried about. It goes through her internal, as well as external struggles with being infected. It is a wonderful book and one of my all time favorites, but just letting you know that it is slow and very confusing until about the 10th chapter, so stick with it and you won't be disappointed!!!by MissKitty789/30/2010Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- i absolutely loved it. it takes getting into... you have to be patient while waiting to figure out what's going on in the beginning. but it's sooo worth the read! be sure you have a box of tissues for a part near the end, though. i was sobbing so hard, i couldn't see to read the next page.by AnnieGrannie9/21/2010Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- The book is written in the first person just like the Twilight series. It is more a SCI-FI than fantasy. I don't want to give away the book so I won't be able to tell you alot about it. If you like the way she writes you will love this book. You have to pay attention to the first few chapters (maybe 2 or 3 chapters) to understand what is going on but after that it just flows seamlessly. There is a love story in it but nothing that is inappropriate. When you are done reading you will hope she writes a sequal, I know I did! I hope this helps.by chrissymo2/14/2010Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- I loved it too I also feel the same way about it she should write moreby bmari2/12/2011Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- I agree. I really hope Stephenie continues to publish her books. There's just something about the way she writes that makes you want to never let go of her books.by TwilightObsessive11/12/2009Was this answer helpful? (1) (0)Was this answer helpful?