About this item
In Halo 3, the third installment of the legendary epic, the war has come to a climax; the Flood continues to grow in numbers and strength, the armies of Earth are scattered and decimated, and the Covenant threatens to activate the Halo, effectively destroying all life in the galaxy. Master Chief's mission is to stop the Covenant, destroy the impending Flood threat and, ultimately, save mankind. Staying true to the original games, Halo 3 will support four-player split-screen and system-link gameplay as well as online via Xbox Live.
- Next-generation experiences: With the power of Xbox 360, Halo 3 raises the bar on the next-generation gameplay experience with nonstop action, an incredible story, massive battles and visually stunning worlds.
- Stunning single-player action: Epic and compelling storytelling is on a scale never before seen in interactive entertainment, with new weapons, characters and challenges. Gamers can experience Master Chief's greatest battle as he transcends greatness and becomes a legend.
- Enhanced Xbox Live multiplayer capability: Working in concert with Xbox Live on Xbox 360, Halo 3 builds upon the unique social multiplayer experience of "Halo 2" and promises to enhance the innovative and evolving online gameplay of "Halo 2" on Xbox Live.
- Evolution of a blockbuster: Taking full advantage of the power of Xbox 360, Halo 3 will expand on everything that has made the "Halo" franchise great and will add a wealth of technical advancements.
- Next-generation, high-definition visuals: Presented in stunning high-definition, the well-known "Halo" universe will appear as it's never been seen before. State-of-the-art high dynamic range (HDR) lighting makes every scene look and feel like the real thing, from terrifying gloom to dazzling sunshine, adding more detail to every weapon, more texture to every character and more realism to every battle.
- Enhanced AI: Countless foes, each with their own distinct personality, strategy and fighting style, make for better encounters and more replay value, which will culminate in larger-scale combat than previously witnessed on the "Halo" battlefield.
- Split-screen support: Staying true to the original games, Halo 3 will support four-player split-screen and system-link gameplay, letting gamers battle it out online, via Xbox Live or with a group of friends in their own living rooms.
- In-depth statistic tracking and standings: Made famous as a key component of the renowned "Halo 2" multiplayer experience, Bungie.net will continue to offer innovations in ways that gamers track their progress as they view their rankings and stats in real time.
- Fully positional Dolby Digital 5.1 surround sound: Duck as a rocket sizzles overhead. Take action as the footsteps of a Covenant adversary echo in the distance. Every sound in Halo 3 is fully positional, bringing the world of "Halo" to an even more vivid level of realism.
- Saved films: Record and save a memorable match and watch it over and over again from any angle or player viewpoint. A simple press of a button saves the entire game to a file sharing area where players can watch favorite films and recommend them to friends.
- File sharing: Create and customize a variety of content that can be shared with anyone around the world who is connected to Xbox Live. Edit custom game types, saved films and screenshots and upload them, or check out films, game types, screenshots and more that are recommended by Bungie Studios.
- ESRB Rating: MATURE with Blood and Gore, Mild Language, and Violence
|Genre:||Fighting & Shooting|
|Multi Pack Indicator:||No|
|Shipping Weight (in pounds):||0.4|
|Product in Inches (L x W x H):||7.5 x 5.0 x 0.5|
|Assembled in Country of Origin:||USA or Imported|
|Origin of Components:||USA or Imported|
Ask a question
If you would like to share feedback with us about pricing, delivery or other customer service issues, please contact customer service directly.
Walmart does not sponsor, recommend or endorse any third party product or service, or any customer ideas or advice.
Questions will be checked against our question guidelines and posted within five to seven business days.
- YESby FuzzyBunny0071/10/2011Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- You can do just 2 players either split-screen or system linkby LuRcHxe1/9/2011Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- Yes me and my friend did that we beat the storyline in 3 or 4 hours at our primeby Digaramma12/16/2010Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- Yes.by Lowery026/30/2010Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- yeah but 2 players are the max you can have more onlineby NewHaloGamer9/25/2010Was this answer helpful? (4) (0)Was this answer helpful?
Q. Halo 3 was great! I didn't get much like why masterchief died(or did he?) but is there another great game like this one?
- Halo Reach, and Halo ODST are musts if you like this gameby Hckygoalie95710/28/2010Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- You guys are right. Halo: Reach is coming out soon, But from the looks of it, it will be the last Halo game, atleast made by Bungie. Sad I know, but form a G.I. magazine. sorry for ther bad news.by chris1172/5/2010Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- I think if you like Halo3 you should try Halo Wars it is one of my favorite games and is still close to the Halo we all know and love. If you do get it get the limited edition.by NewHaloGamer7/15/2011Was this answer helpful? (1) (5)Was this answer helpful?
- Masterchief did not die. If you beat the game and wait til after the credits it will show you what happens to masterchief. buts if you beat it on the hardest level. And you do have ODST coming out 9/22/2009 and dont forget about halo REACH itw ill be coming out next year. The game is goin to the First of halo. Just like the books so yeah be ready to be playing a lot of halo for the next years to come and the best thing is Reach is made by BUNGIEby Hellraizer871/24/2010Was this answer helpful? (3) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- Obviously there's Halo 1 and 2. Other games include Halo Wars (a RTS game that takes place 20 years before Halo 1), Halo ODST (an expansion for Halo 3 coming in the near future), and Halo: Reach. Halo: Reach is a game announced by Bungie at E3 2009 that centers around the planet Reach (You know, from the book). Not much is known about this game except that it is scheduled to come out Fall of 2010. And no, Master Chief didn't die, wait until after the credits and there's another movie to watch.by 501sniper7/15/2011Was this answer helpful? (2) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- Halo 3 is epic amazing must have of the century, get this gameby Digaramma12/16/2010Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- Yah don't hold back. I love this game.by CrazyPerson211/4/2009Was this answer helpful? (3) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- Halo 3 is absolutely worth the full $60 retail price, whether or not you're able to play it online. 1-player/co-op campaign and split-screen multiplayer are still awesome the way Bungie does it. It's going to have a strong online playing community for several years to come, with plenty of players of all skill levels.by Rockman11387/23/2009Was this answer helpful? (1) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- Yes Halo is worth every centby dagg7/23/2009Was this answer helpful? (1) (0)Was this answer helpful?