A Child Called "It": One Child's Courage to Survive
Check out these related products
- $10.11 List price $10.95Save $0.84
- $10.25 List price $15.00Save $4.75
- $8.85 List price $10.00Save $1.15
- $8.41 List price $9.99Save $1.58
- $11.05 List price $14.95Save $3.90
- $19.08 List price $23.95Save $4.87
- $6.55 List price $9.99Save $3.44
- $10.57 List price $14.95Save $4.38
- $8.25 Was $9.99Save $1.74
- $7.00 List price $7.99Save $0.99
- $15.09 List price $15.95Save $0.86
- $11.97 List price $14.95Save $2.98
About this item
About this item
Important Made in USA Origin Disclaimer: For certain items sold by Walmart on Walmart.com, the displayed country of origin information may not be accurate or consistent with manufacturer information. For updated, accurate country of origin data, it is recommended that you rely on product packaging or manufacturer information.
Tells the story of a child's abuse at the hands of his alcoholic mother
This book chronicles the unforgettable account of one of the most severe child abuse cases in California history. It is the story of Dave Pelzer, who was brutally beaten and starved by his emotionally unstable, alcoholic mother: a mother who played tortuous, unpredictable games--games that left him nearly dead. He had to learn how to play his mother's games in order to survive because she no longer considered him a son, but a slave; and no longer a boy, but an "it." Dave's bed was an old army cot in the basement, and his clothes were torn and raunchy. When his mother allowed him the luxury of food, it was nothing more than spoiled scraps that even the dogs refused to eat. The outside world knew nothing of his living nightmare. He had nothing or no one to turn to, but his dreams kept him alive--dreams of someone taking care of him, loving him and calling him their son.
|Number of Pages:||195|
|Author:||Pelzer, David J.|
|Publication Date:||October, 1995|
|Digital Video Formats:||Paperback|
|Assembled Product Dimensions (L x W x H):||5.25 x 7.75 x 0.75 Inches|
Ask a question
If you would like to share feedback with us about pricing, delivery or other customer service issues, please contact customer service directly.
Questions will be checked against our question guidelines and posted within five to seven business days.
- The second book is The lost boy and finally A man named Dave.by BenjiLover5/29/2013Was this answer helpful? (1) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- "The Lost Boy" & "A Man Named Dave" (=by Kaleah75/1/2011Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- "The lost boy" is the second one and you are correct in the name on the last one.by Tlo219/16/2011Was this answer helpful? (0) (1)Was this answer helpful?
- the lost boy is the second one and the third one is a man named daveby kmrh11/7/2008Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
Customers also viewed these products
- $8.61 List price $12.95Save $4.34
- $6.29 Was $6.77Save $0.48
- $7.97 Was $9.99Save $2.02
- $8.91 Was $9.99Save $1.08
- $8.48 Was $9.99Save $1.51
- $7.43 Was $7.99Save $0.56