Consider these popular products
- $23.80 List price $45.00Save $21.20
- $14.49 Was $19.19Save $4.70
- $19.73 Was $22.23Save $2.50
- $12.40 Was $13.85Save $1.45
- $15.28 Was $21.94Save $6.66
- $11.55 List price $14.00Save $2.45
- $17.02 List price $25.00Save $7.98
- $14.02 List price $16.99Save $2.97
- $11.57 List price $15.95Save $4.38
The Glory of Southern Cooking: Recipes for the Best Beer-Battered Fried Chicken, Cracklin' Biscuits, Carolina Pulled Pork, Fried Okra, Kentucky Chees
About this item
About this item
Important Made in USA Origin Disclaimer: For certain items sold by Walmart on Walmart.com, the displayed country of origin information may not be accurate or consistent with manufacturer information. For updated, accurate country of origin data, it is recommended that you rely on product packaging or manufacturer information.
Presents a tempting array of nearly four hundred authentic recipes for both traditional and new Southern dishes, including buttermilk biscuits, fried chicken, and pecan pie.
The definitive Southern cookbook from renowned food writer James Villas
From James Villas comes this definitive Southern cookbook, featuring fascinating Southern lore, cooking tips, and 388 glorious recipes for any occasion. It includes traditional favorites, delicious regional specialties, and new recipes from some of the South's most famous and innovative chefs, like Louis Osteen and Paul Prudhomme.
Comprehensive and authoritative, the book features favorites like buttermilk biscuits, fried chicken, grits, cornbread, and pecan pie. Plus, Villas includes colorful stories, anecdotes, and Southern lore throughout the book, adding the kind of local color and charm you'd only get in the South and only from a writer like Villas.
- Includes delicious and authentic Southern recipes for everything from cocktail and tea foods to main courses and desserts
- Features lists of ingredients, equipment, and Southern terms non-natives will want to know
- Written by James Villas, proud North Carolina native, and author of "Pig" and "From the Ground Up"
All across the South, from Maryland to Louisiana and everywhere in between, food is culture. Dig into it with James Villas and enjoy "The Glory of Southern Cooking" for yourself.
|Number of Pages:||432|
|Number in Series:||1|
|Publication Date:||March, 2007|
|Publisher:||Houghton Mifflin Harcourt|
|Assembled Product Dimensions (L x W x H):||8.39 x 1.37 x 9.26 IN|
Ask a question
If you would like to share feedback with us about pricing, delivery or other customer service issues, please contact customer service directly.
Questions will be checked against our question guidelines and posted within five to seven business days.