World of Warcraft takes place four years following the aftermath of Warcraft III: Reign of Chaos, where a great tension has settled over the ravaged world of Azeroth. As the various races begin to rebuild their shattered kingdoms, new threats, both ancient and terrifying, have arisen to plague the world once again. Players must explore the lands of Azeroth, forge fellowships with other players, and build their strength in order to prevail. A simple and intuitive user interface will allow players of various skill levels to easily join the adventure. The game also features a sophisticated massively multiplayer network architecture capable of supporting thousands of players in a world simultaneously.
- Embark on Epic Quests - Unravel the continuing story of Warcraft as you engage in thousands of quests - with more being added all the time. Face the mighty Dragon of Blackrock Spire; cleanse the undead from the looming ziggurats of Stratholme; and much, much more.
- Form Powerful Alliances - Play solo or enlist fellow heroes to join forces with you as you negotiate the vast, battle-scarred landscape of a world at war.
- Engage an Ever-changing World - Blizzard Entertainment's dedicated live time creates a constant stream of new adventures to undertake, lands to explore, and monsters to vanquish. The epic quest never ends.
- Indulge in "Seamless" Beauty - Explore expansive environments that are in a word: legendary. The World of Warcraft graphics engine renders the game universe seamlessly - so you spend your time adventuring, not waiting.
- Create a Unique Avatar - Customize your character's appearance, talents, and gear to create your own truly unique hero in the world of Azeroth. Design your own guild tabards to broadcast your fame - or notoriety - to the world.
- ESRB Rating: TEEN with Blood, Suggestive Themes, Use of Alcohol, and Violence