Similar items in stock
New Super Mario Bros. (DS)
Customers also viewed these products
About this item
About this item
Important Made in USA Origin Disclaimer: For certain items sold by Walmart on Walmart.com, the displayed country of origin information may not be accurate or consistent with manufacturer information. For updated, accurate country of origin data, it is recommended that you rely on product packaging or manufacturer information.
Mario makes a welcome return to the Nintendo DS in his first 2D Scrolling game in years. This game features eight huge vivid 2D worlds inspired by those from the classic Mario adventures, but combined with beautifully rendered 3D characters which almost seem to jump out of the screen. Each world has a different theme and features multiple levels, which must be completed before progressing to the next one. Only after defeating all of the bosses will Mario be ready to defeat Bowser and save the Princess. The game also features a host of multiplayer options players can enjoy with up to three friends. Two players can battle it out wirelessly as they compete to collect stars on specially designed stages. In this mode the game continues until one Mario brother reaches the star limit for the stage. Up to four players can also take part in a selection of touch-screen mini-games with only one game cartridge thanks to DS Download Play.
- Jump, bounce and power-up through visually stunning side-scrolling worlds filled with Mushroom Kingdom madness. Mushrooms make Mario ultra-tiny or ultrahuge, and new items like the Blue Shell (which transforms Mario into a spinning shell that wipes out enemies) will keep players on their toes.
- The worlds are swarming with classic enemies like Goombas and Koopas, but watch out for new foes, big bosses and unbelievable challenges.
- As Mario and Luigi, two players can battle for stars on specially designed levels over local wireless. The game wont end until one bro. reigns supreme.
- ESRB Rating: EVERYONE with Comic Mischief
|Occasion:||Christmas , Birthday|
|Video Game Platform:||Nintendo DS & DSi|
|Video Game Collection:||Super Mario|
|Is Downloadable Content Available:||Y|
|Required Peripherals:||Microphone , Touch Screen|
Ask a question
If you would like to share feedback with us about pricing, delivery or other customer service issues, please contact customer service directly.
Walmart does not sponsor, recommend or endorse any third party product or service, or any customer ideas or advice.
Questions will be checked against our question guidelines and posted within five to seven business days.
- Yes...I'm pretty sure all Nintendo DS games can be played on all Nintendo DS units...DSI, Lite, DSIXL. I don't see why it wouldn't. I've played my daughter's on her DS Lite and a friend's DSIby Jeckellette12/10/2010Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- yes. all ds games are compatible to the DSIby anonymouscostumer12/5/2010Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- Yes.by Blister7210/15/2010Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- All the games for the DS can be played on the DSi. However, read the box first because a couple of games can only be played on a DS Lite.by ladybugs097/29/2010Was this answer helpful? (2) (1)Was this answer helpful?
- all nitendo ds games work the the nitendo dsiby bobbyisftw7/29/2010Was this answer helpful? (3) (2)Was this answer helpful?
- I wondered the same thing, was very happy to know that it does work with my dsi - great game, love it.by wigglein212/12/2011Was this answer helpful? (4) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- Well you can play it with people who dont have the game and play against each other and it should wourk in the dsixlby MasterAllVideogames11/11/2011Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- Yes of course my son has a DSI XL and plays it good.by vicky362/28/2012Was this answer helpful? (1) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- My son has a DS XL and just bought the new super mario for him and it works! :Dby JustAReviewer2/28/2011Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- yes it works fineby fordkruzer2/27/2011Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- Yes.by Ebonyj12/31/2010Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- We bought this game and a DSI XL for my daughter for Christmas. She has played it every day since with no problems!!by jSchultz1712/29/2010Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- Yes, they both have many different levels.by Marshca4/3/2011Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- Yes...we also own the wii version as well. I bought it for my son for his DS lite and it is great to take on road trips, planes, ect...He also loves to connect with his siblings DS and they all play this game at the same time. Keeps them entertained for a while. A Plus on long drives! I rate it a AAA+++by acemom31/5/2011Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- yes. the courses are different, but similar. the world locations are the same,but in a different order. I personally enjoy the game more on the DS.by anonymouscostumer12/5/2010Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- We have it for both systems and both are very different and great in their own way. The Wii 4-player multi capability is AWESOME! (If you have friends and 4 wiimotes) The DS is great for Mario fun on the go.by Blister7210/15/2010Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- If you have the Wii version this one will seem completely different its a bit shorter but it pretty fun to play it while on the rodeby MEHALTHA9/2/2010Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- we also have it for the Wii version, still my 9 years old child want it for his DSi and he have a lot of fun!!! it's mostly the same game but you play it different since your using a different console.by quesy7/3/2010Was this answer helpful? (1) (0)Was this answer helpful?